Bills scrimmage 8/27

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Apparently Matthew Bové took issue with it being against the 2nd string...but I mean what more was Allen supposed to do against them?

Which does have it merits, however, its just silly to down grade the description of Allens play.  He should have said something like, "Allen had a sensational day, albeit against the 2nd string defense, but still was a sensational performance in just 2.5 quarters of play and without his new lead wideout in Diggs."  Instead, he leads with just a solid day and even stated not a great day, not a bad day, but a solid day.  That literally paints a completely different narrative.  Sounds more like 60% of his passes, 150 yards and a TD or two at best.  

Some reporters just cant let the kid shine when he shines.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, letsgoteam said:

Out of curiosity, I saw red jerseys on QBs in one of the little video clips of them in the tunnel. So I'm assuming they just 2 hand touched the QBs or whatever "safe" way of risking QBs being hurt.

Yeah that's typically what they always do...unless your the Giants I guess.

• Haha (+1) 2

Let's get all of the "it was just a scrimmage" stuff out of the way because we all understand that.  It is very difficult to find something negative to say, looking at the "stats" that have been tweeted.  Josh Allen at 70%, >300 yds, 3 total TDs, in 2.5 quarters of work.  Who in their wildest dreams expected that?  And without his newest shiny toy?  And the 1st string defense dominating the twos?  To be expected for sure, but still great to hear.  Also excited to hear that Bass was 4/5 on kicks while Hauschka missed a PAT.  That's two kicking competitions in the stadium that Bass has dominated.

Loved listening to Jerry Hughes afterwards as well.

Wrap the starters in bubble wrap and bring on the Jets.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yeah that's typically what they always do...unless your the Giants I guess.

Thought so! I reason I ask is how much does this change/effect "stats" in a scrimmage. For example the 2 sacks that Love got on Allen or the other side of the coin the rushing TD by Allen. 

Not that any of those things per say are super important in the grand scheme of things, but I always wonder about that stuff when you can't actually see the plays.

3 hours ago, BattlinBill said:

Soooo....any news on what's going on at the scrimmage? Silly me clicked on the thread titled scrimmage and thought I would find some info on it somewhere in the two pages.

Chris Brown will be right on it.   

Oh, wait....

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Thad identified Quinton Jefferson running with the 1s ... #BanThad :)

I was thinking something similar.  You can infer which players were running with which units from his reports... 

He said in one tweet that Allen threw an INT but it wasn't his fault it was off the WR's hands... then in the next tweet he sayd that Gabriel Davis had a good day aside from allowing a pick off his hands and it went to Siran Neal.  So he was running with the 1's against the #2 Defense.  

I just wonder how serious the Bills are going to be about all of this stuff... clearly with their suspending Brownie, they're not playing around, but where are they going to draw the line?  And if they're going to handcuff these guys that much, why bother even having the practices open at all?

5 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Thought so! I reason I ask is how much does this change/effect "stats" in a scrimmage. For example the 2 sacks that Love got on Allen or the other side of the coin the rushing TD by Allen. 

Not that any of those things per say are super important in the grand scheme of things, but I always wonder about that stuff when you can't actually see the plays.

I mean it depends on how they handle it but I'd think on a scrimmage day like this they'd blow the play dead.

1 hour ago, snamsnoops said:

Did Thad Brown actually say Josh Allen was "fantastic"???!!!.....

Woah woah here. 

Read the last line of his tweet again. 

"And that's just in 2.5 quarters"

But yes. Maybe Thad realizes its OK to be supportive of Allen for once in his life. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Most teams run these scrimmages the way the Bills do: #1 offense against #2 defense, and vice versa. Not sure why, but that's how it goes around the league.

And for anyone who would want to downplay the offense's success against the 2nd team: Just remember that the Jets starting offense went six straight drives against the 2nd string defense without scoring a touchdown. SIX STRAIGHT DRIVES! Now THAT'S reason for concern. The Bills starting offense dominating the second string defense, though? That's a good thing. That's what you want to see and expect to see.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1