PSA: How to use the "Ignored Users" function

dubs

A useful tool to avoid unnecessary confrontations and wasting time is to take advantage of the "Ignored Users" function.  When put into effect, the "Ignored Users" function will enable you to choose which, if any, content you'd like to filter from your view.  A user can choose to ignore specific content from specific users such as; "posts", "messages", "signature", "mentions", and "shout box".

To activate the "Ignore Users" function, you can just follow these easy steps:

1) Click the drop down menu in the top right corner of your screen

2) Click on "Account"

3) Click on "Ignored Users"

4) Add new user to ignore using the search function

5) Select user

6) Check the boxes of the content you'd like to ignore from the user

7) Enjoy an adult beverage and relax

There are many clues that can indicate it might be a good idea to start ignoring specific users.  A few of them are listed here:

1) A specific user is acting in a threatening manner

2) A specific user is not contributing to the topic in a thread

3) A specific user is always talking about the same thing, in every thread

4) A specific user is unable to have a reasonable discussion

5) When you see a post from a specific user, you get the same feeling as when you smell a terrible fart in a public setting

6) You often get SHE (second hand embarrassment) for a specific user

7) After a long back and forth with a specific user, you ask yourself, "why did I just waste precious time in my life engaging with that person"

Hope this helps, happy discussions and remember, "Ignored Users" is your friend.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

... He posts the same videos of chimps slinging ***** in every thread.

kinda like the crap you perform daily, huh. not to mention deleting threads that don't go as you would like.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

In case you were wanting some ideas on where to start. ...

lol, at least 4 of those handles are Warren, prolly more.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

The ostrich button.

I can see where some might think that, but that is not really true.

There are some "posters" here with er, multiple personalities (accounts). These Sybil posters are not here to contribute, they are here to stir the pot in a very unconstructive manner.   Sometimes, they hijack a thread with stupidity, name calling, and general drivel.  You keep hitting someone and they are bound to react. And like with some unsportsmanlike calls on the field, it is the person who reacts, not the antagonizer, who gets the penalty.  Better to simply ignore those antics.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

In case you were wanting some ideas on where to start.

image.thumb.jpeg.34bae6005f0aa9ea09a537fe7f3789b7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f123a201fa8b771b64cac5cdc372a409.jpeg

Tibs? Really?

Hey, wasn't LA Grant the guy pushing the hilarious 9/11 jewish bee dance hypersonic missile conspiracy, so that DC Tom could profit from his defense stock portfolio?

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

There are some "posters" here with er, multiple personalities (accounts). These Sybil posters are not here to contribute, they are here to stir the pot in a very unconstructive manner.   Sometimes, they hijack a thread with stupidity, name calling, and general drivel.  You keep hitting someone and they are bound to react. And like with some unsportsmanlike calls on the field, it is the person who reacts, not the antagonizer, who gets the penalty.  Better to simply ignore those antics.

This is 100% true.

Engaging in honest dialogue with someone who has different views is a wonderful thing.  I am going to start ignoring the people that I know are not honest in their discussions.  That are simply here to rile people up, create division, and generally be a PITA.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Congrats Tibs. #1 on the Bestseller List

FWIW I have two posters on my ignore list, both of which are in the screenshot above. It took me a while and I should have did it earlier 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, dubs said:

A useful tool to avoid unnecessary confrontations and wasting time is to take advantage of the "Ignored Users" function.  When put into effect, the "Ignored Users" function will enable you to choose which, if any, content you'd like to filter from your view.  A user can choose to ignore specific content from specific users such as; "posts", "messages", "signature", "mentions", and "shout box".

2) Click on "Account"

5) Select user

There are many clues that can indicate it might be a good idea to start ignoring specific users.  A few of them are listed here:

5) When you see a post from a specific user, you get the same feeling as when you smell a terrible fart in a public setting

7) After a long back and forth with a specific user, you ask yourself, "why did I just waste precious time in my life engaging with that person"

Hope this helps, happy discussions and remember, "Ignored Users" is your friend.

Won't matter as the hardcore trolls such as Tiberius will just keep opening new accounts to remain visible to certain posters.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Tibs? Really?

Hey, wasn't LA Grant the guy pushing the hilarious 9/11 jewish bee dance hypersonic missile conspiracy, so that DC Tom could profit from his defense stock portfolio?

I think it goes in order.

So I never really thought about it, but I guess tibs was my first....

12 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

I have Tibs and his multiple personalities on ignore.

Gary, he's on probation.  I'll let him off in about a week. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Self-reflection is a good thing. 

28 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Thanks - was trying to figure out how to block Reality Check. He posts the same videos of chimps slinging ***** in every thread.

There is a real cool function to avoid those types of things. It's called..........scroll.  

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Gatorman.

Which to be fair he no longer uses. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I am old and crotchety.

I don't need the computer to tell me who to ignore.

I check out their posts, decide if I want to laugh at it, or post the actual truth in response to their spin, and move on.

No asking, can you explain ?, where did I say that ?, what do you mean ?.................Most of them are incapable of a straight answer or admitting a mistake.

It is a waste of time to engage in that manner, stick to laughing at them.

• Like (+1) 4

The only ones I have on ignore are those who went out of their way to be useless or offensive for a significant amount of time. It's like 2 people across 5 or so accounts.

I don't easily ignore people here. They put in the work, dedication, and effort to make it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warren Zevon said:

Thanks - was trying to figure out how to block Reality Check. He posts the same videos of chimps slinging ***** in every thread.

That one vid provides way more value than you do, chimp.

40 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Clearly a trait of an open mind is a massive ignore list.

massive list of alts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dubs said:

2) Click on "Account"

5) Select user

You take the high road, I'll take the low road ...

Hover over the users "name" 

Wait for the Pop Up

Click Ignore User 

I have like people on Ignore.   4 of which have left the board 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I am old and crotchety.

I don't need the computer to tell me who to ignore.

I check out their posts, decide if I want to laugh at it, or post the actual truth in response to their spin, and move on.

No asking, can you explain ?, where did I say that ?, what do you mean ?.................Most of them are incapable of a straight answer or admitting a mistake.

It is a waste of time to engage in that manner, stick to laughing at them.

This is what I do too except for the old (I'm a young 61) and crotchety part. Sometimes it's fun to read the crap from the left so I don't put anyone on ignore, I'm quite able to do that on my own if I wish... Admittedly though, I have come pretty close lately due to the increase in stupidity on here.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

posting an ignore list is a LAMP Im soooo much  better than those people . Actually Joe doesn't have to read who he doesn't want to of course. I feel honored knowing I made his ignorables cut. Made my Day. TCK. atta boy Joe you keep being you and I'll do the same.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I have only one I think but sometimes when people on here are clearly either lying or just being entirely disengenous it is best to ignore them. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dubs said:

2) Click on "Account"

5) Select user

You can also bring it up by hovering over the username (above their avatar) and choose ignore user, it then puts you at line 6.

Also, don't forget to save!

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2020 at 10:41 AM, Foxx said:

lol, at least 4 of those handles are Warren, prolly more.

Hoaxx.

15 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Wow, what a bunch of pussies! 

These are the people who tremble in fear of Antifa!  I bet they run from monsters under their bed at night, too!

On 6/25/2020 at 12:37 PM, Cinga said:

This is what I do too except for the old (I'm a young 61) and crotchety part. Sometimes it's fun to read the crap from the left so I don't put anyone on ignore, I'm quite able to do that on my own if I wish... Admittedly though, I have come pretty close lately due to the increase in stupidity on here.

Hoax.  From what I can tell, there has always been a profound amount of stupidity here.  Non-trumper posters have just injected a little bit of intelligence here and there lately.  So actually there's probably the same amount of stupid, and now just a little more smart.