Trump's Tulsa Rally: America Strikes Back

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You guys are nuts.

This forum suffers from unparalleled confirmation bias.

It's the reason you CONSTANTLY bring up 2016 as proof that polls showing Trump losing are crap.

I'm wrong a lot. I can admit that.

You guys over here are off the deep end. And your stubborn refusal to admit you might be wrong ALL THE TIME is proof.

The original conversation wasn't about you. It was about Trump and Biden.

C'mon man... catch up.

Dude we have already discussed the polling issues of 2016 going all the way back to 1998- they have a margin of error of 12 or more. They are meaningless for accuracy, basically if they say it is 50-50 to be at 95% certainty they must state 56-44 both ways. The polls have been bad for at least 20 years it took 2016 to show how bad they are.

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You guys are nuts.

This forum suffers from unparalleled confirmation bias.

It's the reason you CONSTANTLY bring up 2016 as proof that polls showing Trump losing are crap.

You guys over here are off the deep end. And your stubborn refusal to admit you might be wrong ALL THE TIME is proof.

The original conversation wasn't about you. It was about Trump and Biden.

C'mon man... catch up.

I agree, that why i called you out on it.  If it was about Trump and Biden, why did you make up $#@& about me?

Holy crap, I’m getting old, how did I miss this gem the first time:

You literally just did it, and refused to acknowledge it.  I’m changing your name to TransplantBidenFan for your lack of critical thinking skills here. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So trump supporters are actually smart because they stayed away during a pandemic. Cool thanks.  

The empty seats were left unoccupied for those that wanted to social distance.  Few took advantage of those sections.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, White Linen said:

The empty seats were left unoccupied for those that wanted to social distance.  Few took advantage of those sections.

The thought was that this place was going to be filled to capacity. They even built an overflow stage outside. You're joking, right. My sarcasm meter must be broken.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Dude we have already discussed the polling issues of 2016 going all the way back to 1998- they have a margin of error of 12 or more. They are meaningless for accuracy, basically if they say it is 50-50 to be at 95% certainty they must state 56-44 both ways. The polls have been bad for at least 20 years it took 2016 to show how bad they are.

Except they don't have a margin of error of 12 or more.

Where are you getting this?

On average they have been within less than 5% for over 2 decades.

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I agree, that why i called you out on it.  If it was about Trump and Biden, why did you make up $#@& about me?

Holy crap, I’m getting old, how did I miss this gem the first time:

You literally just did it, and refused to acknowledge it.  I’m changing your name to TransplantBidenFan for your lack of critical thinking skills here. 

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The part that this is not counting is all the people around the world watching to see what the Orange Idiot has to say next. It is entertainment value for the people outside the US. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

"You know testing is a double-edged sword," Trump said while complaining about press coverage of his handling of the virus. Claiming the US has now tested some 25 million people, he added: "Here's the bad part ... when you do testing to that extent, you're going to find more people; you're going to find more cases. So I said to my people, slow the testing down please."

• Thank you (+1) 1

Let's face it, whatever the optics are, the Trump campaign and Trump supporters got the wool pulled over their eyes on this one as the Trump hating crowd got their wish to seeing a Trump rally being half empty.

The online numbers were good, but the half empty arena is all the MSM and/or Trump hating folks are going to be talking about with GLEE.

if it turns out to be a bunch of people putting in fake ticket orders, that goes to show you the lack of integrity on the Trump hating side and the gullibility on the Trump supporting side.

What's the response?

Someone with objectivity should tell us if this strengthens Trump's campaigns bid or weakens it in the long run?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Let's face it, whatever the optics are, the Trump campaign and Trump supporters got the wool pulled over their eyes on this one as the Trump hating crowd got their wish to seeing a Trump rally being half empty.

The online numbers were good, but the half empty arena is all the MSM and/or Trump hating folks are going to be talking about with GLEE.

if it turns out to be a bunch of people putting in fake ticket orders, that goes to show you the lack of integrity on the Trump hating side and the gullibility on the Trump supporting side.

What's the response?

Someone with objectivity should tell us if this strengthens Trump's campaigns bid or weakens it in the long run?

At the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter.  100 things can happen in the next few months, from allegations, to rioters, to police action to Declass to Biden blowing another blood vessel in his eye on live tv.

I’m delighted to see the non-Trump crowd stop by to let us know they watched it, to offer their analysis of what it all means. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, njbuff said:

What's the response?

...what would you seriously expect?......half empty house means support is fading.....full house means he is ignoring social distancing and is a Covid-19 hypocrite...........pick your poison........

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

At the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter.  100 things can happen in the next few months, from allegations, to rioters, to police action to Declass to Biden blowing another blood vessel in his eye on live tv.

I’m delighted to see the non-Trump crowd stop by to let us know they watched it, to offer their analysis of what it all means. 

We out here in la la Kung flu land have to hear the MSM gloat over it though.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...what would you seriously expect?......half empty house means support is fading.....full house means he is ignoring social distancing and is a Covid-19 hypocrite...........pick your poison........

I wonder if we can get an objective opinion as to why it happened.

You are telling me that I am asking WAY TOO MUCH huh? ?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Same ones reveling in glee mocking Trump about the half empty arena, because of corona restrictions, gushed about Hillary rallies in half empty high school gyms.

Edited by I am the egg man

5 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Same ones reveling in glee mocking Trump about the half empty arena, because of corona restrictions, gushed about Hillary rallies in half empty high school gyms.

...or how about the Bill & Hillary book tour, the one that got CANCELLED?.....dropped ticket prices to ten bucks and still.....crickets...........they invented social distancing...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Foxx said:

lol. why did you just PM me?

you're too much....

just for clarification purposes and to prove i'm an idiot. after looking to see what was said in the PM, it wasn't from muppy, it was entitled, "muppy". my apologies for any confusion created on my behalf.

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

"You know testing is a double-edged sword," Trump said while complaining about press coverage of his handling of the virus. Claiming the US has now tested some 25 million people, he added: "Here's the bad part ... when you do testing to that extent, you're going to find more people; you're going to find more cases. So I said to my people, slow the testing down please."

I’m glad he didn’t tell his audience to start hugging and kissing each other, because they would have. 

Its hard to believe this is our president.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

We out here in la la Kung flu land have to hear the MSM gloat over it though.

I wonder if we can get an objective opinion as to why it happened.

You are telling me that I am asking WAY TOO MUCH huh? ?

Shut off the MSM. What passes as news is often the subjective and inflammatory revisitation of an event.  It’s why when President Trump’s words from a speech would certainly tell the story, you get descriptors like “inflammatory”, “combative”, “defiant”.    It’s all about the marketing of what passes as news, nothing more, nothing less.  That’s not to say there aren’t important stories being told by quality journalists, but those seem to be few and far between.

Attendance can be impacted by a variety of things, and the narrative seems to be that voters are fleeing the Trump camp.  That’s illogical, speculative and silly.   

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Shut off the MSM. What passes as news is often the subjective and inflammatory revisitation of an event.  It’s why when President Trump’s words from a speech would certainly tell the story, you get descriptors like “inflammatory”, “combative”, “defiant”.    It’s all about the marketing of what passes as news, nothing more, nothing less.  That’s not to say there aren’t important stories being told by quality journalists, but those seem to be few and far between.

Attendance can be impacted by a variety of things, and the narrative seems to be that voters are fleeing the Trump camp.  That’s illogical, speculative and silly.   

You believe a majority of Americans support Trump? 

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don't watch much MSM, but it's pretty difficult to avoid their content if it is slapped in your face in a constant 24/7 cycle.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

just for clarification purposes and to prove i'm an idiot. after looking to see what was said in the PM, it wasn't from muppy, it was entitled, "muppy". my apologies for any confusion created on my behalf.

Anything with Muppy, Mup, Muppato, and HR Muppenstuff in the subject line is by definition confusing.  Forgive yourself Foxxy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You believe a majority of Americans support Trump? 

Please Tibsy, don’t dumb this down.  I’m not interested in who will be prom queen, polling data 5 months out pro/con. 

I believe a hundred things could impact the election in November.  Joe Biden might even string together 5 sentences that don’t include references to Thomas Dewey. 

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Anything with Muppy, Mup, Muppato, and HR Muppenstuff in the subject line is by definition confusing.  Forgive yourself Foxxy. 

thanks. i just didn't want to have the appearance of being disingenuous. it was an honest mistake. besides, even though i probably disagree with 95% of her thoughts/beliefs, i owed the clarification to muppy most of all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

thanks. i just didn't want to have the appearance of being disingenuous. it was an honest mistake. besides, even though i probably disagree with 95% of her thoughts/beliefs, i owed the clarification to muppy most of all.

Awesome. 

@transplantbillsfan... check out Foxxy’s post on how we square up when we realize we’re off track. It happens to us all. 

Singer Pink, a longtime critic of President Donald Trump, mocked him for the smaller-than-expected crowd at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma Saturday night. The singer joked that she "sold that same place out in five minutes" and called the event a "donkey show." The crowd was so unexpectedly small that Trump's campaign canceled a speech to the "overflow" crowd outside the center because the crowd was not big enough.

https://popculture.com/celebrity/news/pink-shreds-donald-trump-tulsa-rally-attendance-one-tweet/

Just now, Tiberius said:

Singer Pink, a longtime critic of President Donald Trump, mocked him for the smaller-than-expected crowd at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma Saturday night. The singer joked that she "sold that same place out in five minutes" and called the event a "donkey show." The crowd was so unexpectedly small that Trump's campaign canceled a speech to the "overflow" crowd outside the center because the crowd was not big enough.

The singer Pink, really! Hahahaha.......

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, njbuff said:

What's the response?

Trump got punked by teenage girls and KPOP fans...too freaking funny

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/06/k-pop-fans-may-have-sabotaged-trumps-under-attended-tulsa-rally/

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 3