The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, Penfield45 said:

Lol do you know the definition of the word racist ? 

Don't even start that bull#### with me. You're a frigging racist. You judge people solely on the basis of their immutable traits. You're a racist. Period.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

Don't even start that bull#### with me. You're a frigging racist. You judge people solely on the basis of their immutable traits. You're a racist. Period.

someone’s angry they already lost the argument lmaoo

People of color can’t be racist toward white people. it’s literally against the definition of the word racism. We can be prejudice, but not racist

and there was nothing racist that I said, you got angry because you saw me exposing another dumb conservatives who thinks wearing masks is a political statement. Pipe down  

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

People of color can’t be racist toward white people. it’s literally against the definition of the word racism. We can be prejudice, but not racist

and there was nothing racist that I said, you got angry because you saw me exposing another dumb conservatives who thinks wearing masks is a political statement. Pipe down  

I've had you on ignore just like all the rest of the trolls, but somehow the feature fails from time to time on mobile. 

So if I have to keep seeing your crap I'm going to call it out. You're a racist.

16 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Disgusting behavior 

another white women in a store acting like a spoiled brat because she has to wear a mask 

And her color has exactly what to do with this?  Damn you guys are obsessed with skin color. 

10 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

She’s conservative?  You know her?  Is she this much of a jerk all the time?  

15 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Man. When you fell out of the dumb as ***** tree you managed to hit every branch on the way down, huh?

Racism:

Oxford:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another.

merriam-Webster:

a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

dictionary.com:

a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

we all know what stupid ***** argument you’re going to spew, but let’s cut to the chase:

You’re objectively wrong. You’re an idiot. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:
Disgusting behavior 

another white women in a store acting like a spoiled brat because she has to wear a mask 

Skin color. Again. It's all you see and specifically how you judge people.

What a POS racist you are. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Skin color. Again. It's all you see and specifically how you judge people.

What a POS racist you are. 

WHITE POWER bro! White Power!!! Where’s your outrage w Trumpy!??? 

hypocrites!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

So, if I as a Caucasian moved to Kenya I couldn't be a racist?

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

People of color can’t be racist toward white people. it’s literally against the definition of the word racism. 

Penfield demonstrating his own ignorance again.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, if I as a Caucasian moved to Kenya I couldn't be a racist?

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.  

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

At least he didn’t out himself as a fake Christian. 

1 hour ago, Magox said:

We will have a much better idea over the next couple weeks.   But if the reporting is correct the average age of the people getting infected are much younger than before, there are a lot of asymptotic positives, surveillance testing and contact tracing is way up, hospitals and doctors are better equipped to treat patients and it’s possible that the virus is mutating and getting weaker (that was said today by DeSantis and by many others).

If deaths go up some and not a big spike then the trade off Is worth it.  Overall public health and the economy are in the other side of the ledger and that is a huge consideration.

Possible as an Italian doctor said the same recently.  Another possibility is with social distancing/mask wearing people are getting infected with a lower amount of the virus but still test positive.  

• Like (+1) 3

GEORGE KORDA: Protests amid the pandemic: What about distancing and masking?

People need clarity and consistency from leaders, particularly in times of emergency.

If public safety isn’t truly at risk, then say so. However, if it is, then it’s worth risking someone’s ire by mentioning safety precautions when congratulating gatherings of large groups. Don’t leave unanswered an obvious question: in the face of the pandemic, were such gatherings allowed, or not?

People know when leaders are avoiding an obvious question.

Related: All that bar-hopping and spring-breaking: Press ignores protests as source of new wave of COVID-19.

Think of the press as a psychological warfare effort aimed at normal Americans and you won’t go far wrong.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warren Zevon said:

did oyu actually read the article? His distance smelling is a bit off...man, lets keep everyone in lockdown and schools closed cause one dude cant smell bacon from 50 metres.

What an asshat headline, and people wonder why the media cant be trusted

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, B-Man said:

GEORGE KORDA: Protests amid the pandemic: What about distancing and masking?

People need clarity and consistency from leaders, particularly in times of emergency.

If public safety isn’t truly at risk, then say so. However, if it is, then it’s worth risking someone’s ire by mentioning safety precautions when congratulating gatherings of large groups. Don’t leave unanswered an obvious question: in the face of the pandemic, were such gatherings allowed, or not?

People know when leaders are avoiding an obvious question.

Related: All that bar-hopping and spring-breaking: Press ignores protests as source of new wave of COVID-19.

Think of the press as a psychological warfare effort aimed at normal Americans and you won’t go far wrong.

I was thinking the same thing!  The lame stream media is so wrong on this one.  Trump should stand idly by as Russians pay foreigners to hunt American soldiers!  And people should do as trump says — wear a mask, snowflakes — and not as he does.   Make American again keep great again 2020! 

Edited by SectionC3

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

I was thinking the same thing!  The lame stream media is so wrong on this one.  Trump should stand idly but as Russians pay foreigners to hunt American soldiers!  And people should do as trump says — wear a mask, snowflakes — and not as he does.   Make American again keep great again 2020! 

No, it's Keep America Great!

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

No, it's Keep America Great!

My bad!  I’ve heard so many conflicting things that I can’t keep it all straight on the 2020 slogan.  Keep America great! 

Edited by SectionC3

2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Truly sad that this is foundational in your value system.  

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

I remember telling a couple people here that contact tracing would be nearly impossible for the US to effectively do to root out or essentially stop the spread.

The same person I told that young kids are most likely very low emitters of the virus and the same person I said that many Americans won’t wear a mask no matter who tells them after they tried asserting that since Koreans do so we could to.  Theoretically yes but in practice that’s a pipe dream.

In any case this is a very interesting tidbit:

This says two things, that there are a lot of people who have the virus in that particular area and that a statistically significant portion of the COVID hospitalizations are not for COVID related reasons.

These people are asymptomatic

5 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Observation:  Ron DeSantis is doing a great job.   Floridians are glad that he took Trump’s view that the virus would magically disappear by April.  

You’re an idiot 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

And look at this:

Very few of the Emergency room visits are COVID symptom related issues relative to in previous months.  The only age group really showing an increase are younger people.  

Florida so far is handling the issue the way it was realistically intended to have done which was protect the most vulnerable while normalizing society.  They just have to hope that the spread doesn’t reach seniors in a significant manner.

• Like (+1) 2

Two points about protests not causing COVID.

1. They had huge protests in places like Dallas and Houston too.  Oregon, protest central, is one of the hard hit states as is CA.  Seattle's daily new cases was flat at approximately 180 from April 20 to June    1.   Since then it has climbed to 549.  When I see protest pictures I sometimes count mask vs no mask it's usually 60% masks. Of course this is contributing.  

2. I believe the protests have contributed in another way.  After watching these large protests with people packed in yelling and being praised for it, many people are saying fug it.  Must not be as bad as they say, so let's party.

Also TX and FL opened before May 1.

Even a pandemic has to be political these days.  It IS an election year after all.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Magox said:

I remember telling a couple people here that contact tracing would be nearly impossible for the US to effectively do to root out or essentially stop the spread.

The same person I told that young kids are most likely very low emitters of the virus and the same person I said that many Americans won’t wear a mask no matter who tells them after they tried asserting that since Koreans do so we could to.  Theoretically yes but in practice that’s a pipe dream.

In any case this is a very interesting tidbit:

This says two things, that there are a lot of people who have the virus in that particular area and that a statistically significant portion of the COVID hospitalizations are not for COVID related reasons.

These people are asymptomatic

You’re an idiot 

Hoax.  But it is fair to say that Ron DeSantis is an idiot.  

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Yesterday, Sunday, we saw another low point in Covid fatalities. Only california topped 30 deaths. A whopping 40 states were in single digits with twenty reporting zero deaths. I know, I know, it was Sunday but so was every other Sunday in the almost three months I’ve been posting this daily tally. Cases are up and deaths are down...I’ll take it!

Edited by SoCal Deek

14 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Finally got my antibody test done, should have the results this week. Guy who drew the blood was from Glens Falls. He's going to come to the Bills Backers bar this fall lol

My results were available within 6 hrs, btw.  Negative, alas.

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  But it is fair to say that Ron DeSantis is an idiot.  

Imagine that, a lawyer who misinterprets data.  No wonder you're a Democrat supporter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1