The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

25 minutes ago, Justice said:

All that above was a waste of your time. This isn’t the same thing. What about the poor bastard that watches his health only to die because some dude passed his virus to him? 

None of us have the answers here. Please don’t pretend to know, because that’s all you’re doing is playing pretend. 

defenseless? That’s what our nukes are for. Attack us get dropped! 

There are literally hundreds of thousands of people that die every year because of something that isn't their fault. You act like that is a novel concept.

And, yes, I do know that shutting down the military is a stupid idea.

We can agree to disagree

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because some enemies aren't state based actors (meaning, no country to bomb). 

They’re not much of a worry to me. 

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Let me see if I'm understanding you correctly: You want to lock down the entire nation indefinitely.

And you don't think this is a bad thing because "saves lives."

It’s the lesser of two evils. No option is good here. 

Why did we lock it all down in the first place? I see you’re all ignoring this question. 

5 minutes ago, Justice said:

They’re not much of a worry to me. 

It’s the lesser of two evils. No option is good here. 

Why did we lock it all down in the first place? I see you’re all ignoring this question. 

Cool. Enjoy the breadlines.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

If NYS waits until summer to reopen,  there will be no NYS to reopen.

another reason to separate western New York from Downstate. They are literally totally different and to apply mitigation standard for nyc to Rochester and buffalo is absurd. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Did you read it?

It sounds rational and sane to me -- and works with the governors, per our system.

I stopped reading it during phase one. I seen enough. 

45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

... Does that apply to our enemies too? Of which there are many, plenty of whom are watching how we respond to see if we're vulnerable to an attack? 

You can't do that without living in a utopia. We don't live in a utopia. We live in a world with enemies who want to see us burn. Those people just don't go away in times of crisis and say, "gee, you got your hands full, we'll just go over here for a bit". Those people take advantage of weakness. 

He clearly doesn't have a clue what the "military" does, how it operates, or how many people it employs...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Trump now chatting about the new guidelines.
Strategy is based on data.
Thanking Dr Brix in crafting these guidelines.

Going into the three phases, "one careful stage at a time."

Focus is on sheltering highest risk individuals. (He mentioned seniors)

Governors will be allowed to tailor their approach based on their state's needs. If they need to stay closed, they can. Harmonize regional efforts. Some states will be working very closely together.

The goal is to rapidly put out any hot spots. If the guidelines return in the fall, these guidelines will help put out hot spots quickly.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Trump now chatting about the new guidelines.
Strategy is based on data.
Thanking Dr Brix in crafting these guidelines.

Going into the three phases, "one careful stage at a time."

Focus is on sheltering highest risk individuals. (He mentioned seniors)

Governors will be allowed to tailor their approach based on their state's needs. If they need to stay closed, they can. Harmonize regional efforts. Some states will be working very closely together.

The goal is to rapidly put out any hout spots. If the guidelines return in the fall, these guidelines will help put out hot spots quickly.

Just happy President Trump prepared for this. If it was a democrat or some not good other person. 

My biggest worry but President Trump prepared for everything. I'm happy.

• Like (+1) 1