The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

56 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

While I agree with most of this, I do think we need this to play out a few more weeks in terms of the death rate. I am really hoping it stays where we are today.  Cause then it truly is back to 90% normal. 

the death rate will continue to be low - as the low hanging fruit of deathly nursing home patients are not skewing the numbers in all current "hotspots"

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

So Joe might not die of COVID but it’s okay for him to get it - got it. SMFH

So if Joe gets it, and doesn't die from it then it is like any of the other countless viral infections people get every year.

Then again Joe is free to vote for a 'caring' Democrat like Andrew Cuomo who intentionally put COVID positive patients in Senior Living centers in NYS. I'm sure that helped.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

So if Joe gets it, and doesn't die from it then it is like any of the other countless viral infections people get every year.

Thank you..................Billstime cannot think like a normal person.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Then again Joe is free to vote for a 'caring' Democrat like Andrew Cuomo who intentionally put COVID positive patients in Senior Living centers in NYS. I'm sure that helped.

Why did Cuomo make this decision? What was his logic? And why did other states follow it?

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

Ages of COVID infected people in Arizona

Young, just like in Florida and Texas.  My guess is that this is a countrywide development.

Love the stacked bar chart. One of my favorites.  

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BillStime said:

To me this shows that the USA is leading in testing. Somewhere earlier in this thread someone showed how the COVID-19 cases were increasing dramatically in a number of states. This is to be expected as more people are tested. Most of these states were severely lagging in testing, and positive results in April and May. Hospitals now have the kits to at least 'quick test' anyone seeking admission/ treatment into a hospital.

Heart Attack - gets COVID tested

Car Crash - gets COVID tested

Jason Pierre-Paul your hand on illegal fireworks - gets COVID tested

Cheddar Bob/ Plaxico Burress yourself in the leg - gets COVID tested

Some will test positive with no symptoms. Some will test negative.

It is wise medicine. Keep those asymptomatic positives away from the negatives. Let the medical staff know who is infected and who is not. Don't intermingle the two, and take precautions. Many hospitals still pair up beds in rooms. Imagine the lawsuits that would happen if all new patients admitted weren't tested? 'XYZ Hospital' admitted my dad into a room with a COVID positive patient and he died'.

By that perspective, just because someone is COVID positive and in the hospital now, does not mean the hospitalization was for COVID. If someone who has smoked, has high blood pressure, ate terribly and never exercised goes to the hospital with chest pain but tests positive for COVID was it COVID that put him there? No, probably not.

Lefty logic would say yes, it was COVID and only COVID that put him there. Never mind a lifetime of poor choices and self abuse.

I'll go on the record now and guesstimate 20%-40% of all Americans are COVID+.

What does an increase in positive results mean when the mortality rate is flat or dropping?

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why did Cuomo make this decision? What was his logic? And why did other states follow it?

Since I have a family member in one of these centers, and see no logic to it, I would like you to tell me. I, and many others here, are waiting for you to tell us.

Why did Cuomo put the most at risk population at risk?

My mom's center has no ventilators, it has no RNs, It had nothing to help any COVID patient requiring real medical help.

How did that help any COVID patient or the seniors most at risk, in these locked down communities?

I'm really interested to hear your logic at putting the most vulnerable population deliberately in harms way, and casting off COVID positive patients in otherwise 'closed' senior centers that could help neither.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Since I have a family member in one of these centers, and see no logic to it, I would like you to tell me. I, and many others here, are waiting for you to tell us.

Why did Cuomo put the most at risk population at risk?

My mom's center has no ventilators, it has no RNs, It had nothing to help any COVID patient requiring real medical help.

How did that help any COVID patient or the seniors most at risk, in these locked down communities?

I'm really interested to hear your logic at putting the most vulnerable population deliberately in harms way, and casting off COVID positive patients in otherwise 'closed' senior centers that could help neither.

So instead of just listening to Hannity’s talking points - you, @GG -  never thought to figure out why Cuomo made these decisions? I get it - you criticize them because your news sources can only share sugar coated Trump news.

I do know why Cuomo made this decision - and it’s really sad that you claim ignorance and bash the guy at the same time - freakn hack

Edited by BillStime

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So instead just listening to Hannitys talking points - you, @GG -  never thought to figure out why Cuomo made these decisions? You can criticize them because your news sources can only share sugar coated Trump news.

I do know why Cuomo made this decision - and it’s really sad that you claim ignorance and bash the guy at the same time - freakn hack

So you dont have an answer?

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So instead of just listening to Hannity’s talking points - you, @GG -  never thought to figure out why Cuomo made these decisions? I get ur - you criticize them because your news sources can only share sugar coated Trump news.

My parent was put at risk. I want to know why. Don't call me names.

Tell me why COVID positive patients and Senior Citizens were mixed together by the Governors orders.

How was putting positive COVID patients in centers not equipped for medical care of that level considered a good option?

If it is so obvious, and simple, stop name calling and tell me why.

I think many people here would like to know why. This is your big stage to educate and blue pill a lot of people.

Nonsensical ad-hominem attacks don't help you state your facts or your view point.

Why did he do it?

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh I do - but you Trumpholes should do research instead of listen to Hannity all day.

Figure it out 

You do this all the time. Call names. Say you know. Then you say something about Hannity, who I have not watched in years. Then figure it out. Im convinced you are clueless.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Tell me why COVID positive patients and Senior Citizens were mixed together by the Governors orders.

How was putting positive COVID patients in centers not equipped for medical care of that level considered a good option?

I think many people here would like to know why. This is your big stage to educate and blue pill a lot of people.

Nonsensical ad-hominem attacks don't help you state your facts or your view point.

Why did he do it?

Because he wanted them dead. Babies and elderly. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

You do this all the time. Call names. Say you know. Then you say something about Hannity, who I have not watched in years. Then figure it out. Im convinced you are clueless.

Who are you?

11 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Why did he do it?

Figure it out man - least you can do for your parents. 

Try Google.

There were obvious reasons why Cuomo made these decisions - he has daily briefings - the info is out there. 

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Who are you?

Try Google.

There were obvious reasons why Cuomo made these decisions - he has daily briefings - the info is out there. 

You should join us on the Communist Chinese support thread and share your feelings.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Who are you?

Try Google.

This is chilling. https://www.businessinsider.com/nursing-home-given-body-bags-when-they-accepted-coronavirus-patients-2020-4

And to think all I did was Google it like you said.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

I hope that one day this will be a post you are ashamed of. I know a lot of 'limousine liberals' like yourself. They tend to be the most racist people imaginable.

This is offensive to so many people here for a multitude of reasons I don't know where to start.

You obviously posted this to get an emotional response from people, or a 'quick take' to catch them off guard.

As much as I would like to report this. I'll just let it simmer here. I am not a part of the 'Cancel' culture or social media censorship.

I want you to be affiliated with this imagery for as long as you are on this board.

I want it to stand as a reminder of your ability to participate in an adult, if heated, debate.

Left or Right. Conservative, Liberal or even Communist. Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist or even Aethist. Strait or Gay.

This is offensive. And it will be forever tied to your ability to debate big boy and big girl topics.

Congratulations.

You have sunk to a new low. Many of us didn't think it was possible.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

I hope that one day this will be a post you are ashamed of. I know a lot of 'limousine liberals' like yourself. They tend to be the most racist people imaginable.

This is offensive to so many people here for a multitude of reasons I don't know where to start.

You obviously posted this to get an emotional response from people, or a 'quick take' to catch them off guard.

As much as I would like to report this. I'll just let it simmer here. I am not a part of the 'Cancel' culture or social media censorship.

I want you to be affiliated with this imagery for as long as you are on this board.

I want it to stand as a reminder of your ability to participate in an adult, if heated, debate.

Left or Right. Conservative, Liberal or even Communist. Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist or even Aethist. Strait or Gay.

This is offensive. And it will be forever tied to your ability to debate big boy and big girl topics.

Congratulations.

He is a proud communist it seems.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200629-china-forces-birth-control-on-uighurs-to-curb-muslim-population-growth

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Congratulations.

the United states of Amerkkka would like to have a word. 

13 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Congratulations.

What was your reaction to White Power?

Anyhow - shouldn’t you be doing research on Cuomo and why he made this decision?

29 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Are there no moderators on this board anymore? This is nothing but racist hate speech! Enough already!!!

why are you so offended when the KKK is mentioned? 

and how exactly is that "racist hate speech" please enlighten us. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Who are you?

Try Google.

I was sent a letter from my mom's center saying that under the Governor's orders, COVID positive patients may have to be admitted to 'unused apartments'. They could not give me any reason why, and that they were fighting against it. This was the same letter that explained no one was to enter or leave the community for 6 weeks.

I work in IT for a local University/Hospital system experiencing furloughs, so I have been a bit busy recently.

I'm as likely to listen to Jimmy Dore as I am Hannity.

Just come out and tell everyone: Democrat, Republican or Independent why this was done.

Why did Cuomo put COVID+ patients into poorly equipped senior centers filled with people most at risk?

It's a simple question.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I was sent a letter from my mom's center saying that under the Governor's orders, COVID positive patients may have to be admitted to 'unused apartments'. They could not give me any reason why, and that they were fighting against it. This was the same letter that explained no one was to enter or leave the community for 6 weeks.

I work in IT for a local University/Hospital system experiencing furloughs, so I have been a bit busy recently.

Just come out and tell everyone: Democrat, Republican or Independent why this was done.

Why did Cuomo put COVID+ patients into poorly equipped senior centers filled with people most at risk?

It's a simple question.

Don't expect a simple answer from the grave dancers here. 

Apparently, a random November memo is the reason NYC hospitals were transferring sick patients all over the system and into nursing homes.  It's clearly ALL Trump's fault.  Because NY's most eligible bachelor said so, it must be true.

These people are truly sick.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

It's a simple question.

I just sold a motorcycle I had to a guy that is the President of his school board and both of his children are nurses at homes. They were told by Cuomo that they could either take the patient's or close up shop. Lost 7 people to covid in that home.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1