The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Pence:
New cases are low and steady on the west coast.
Cases are declining in NYC, NO, and Detroit.
Steady progress is being made.
Trump approved American Samoa natural disaster order, now all 50 states and all US territories are under nature disaster order, first time ever.

Sent a letter to all the Governors outlining what was sent to them from the feds.

Pence: We believe the states can double the amount of testing by using all the labs available to them. Dr Birx will be going over that.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Pence: States today have enough tests to implement phase 1 (states that meet phase 1 criteria) if state governors should choose to do that.

Someone should ask Mike how the states are coming on tracing, which is a prerequisite for phase 1. And which state exactly has seen 14 straight days of case declines. I like the Open America plan but I doubt any state qualifies for phase 1 based on its own wording. Some states may be moving towards it but very few. 

Edited by shoshin

Ok, so Dr Fauci was up, the guy with the beard was up, and now Dr Birx is up, and I am feeling super stupid while my eyes are glazing over. They are talking about the testing, the tests themselves, the need for testing who, what,  and where.  She just mentioned the American Society of Microbiologists annnnnd it sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher to me.

I hope someone else has better Cliff notes.

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Someone should ask Mike how the states are coming on tracing, which is a prerequisite for phase 1. And which state exactly has seen 14 straight days of case declines. 

See what I wrote above. Turn it on, or watch today's presser when it is available in full. It is very detailed.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

See what I wrote above. Turn it on, or watch today's presser. It is very detailed.

I saw it. But all Pence said is there are enough tests available. I’d like someone to explain how any state is ready for phase one based on the requirements. Including the tracing piece, for which I’ve never heard a single state’s plan. I’m genuinely curious how Trump can say any state is ready for phase one. I’ve read the document. No one of the ones I’ve clicked on the data for is ready. 

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I saw it. But all Pence said is there are enough tests available. I’d like someone to explain how any state is ready for phase one based on the requirements. Including the tracing piece, for which I’ve never heard a single state’s plan. I’m genuinely curious how Trump can say any state is ready for phase one. I’ve read the document. No one of the ones I’ve clicked on the data for is ready. 

Er, that is what those three yapped about for 30 minutes. The Admiral up now is giving more details.

Trump back: what governors have done in the lock down (pointing out VA second amendment shenanigans )

Press: people who are protesting will they spread COVID-19
Trump: they have a right to protest, they have been treated roughly

Talking about the Smithfield plant without mentioning China as the owner.

Grant of $3.7 million to Wuhan facility during the Obama administration (2015). We are looking into it.

Press: will the next relief package be enough (the $250B he's asking for)
Trump: praising the banks, not really answering the question. Just mentioning that the Ds will not allow the money to keep these small businesses whole. The money is really needed. He's mentioning that the Democrats are holding up the money.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Trump back: what governors have done in the lock down (pointing out VA second amendment shenanigans )

Press: people who are protesting will they spread COVID-19
Trump: they have a right to protest, they have been treated roughly

Talking about the Smithfield plant without mentioning China as the owner.

Grant of $3.7 million to Wuhan facility during the Obama administration (2015). We are looking into it.

Feel bad they were treated rough :( That's awful. 

Ya there is lots of rumors Wuhan 2015. Just wasn't sure true without any deeper info. If it is I have a new level of dislike for Obama administration.

• Thank you (+1) 1

He said, Nancy Pelosi is on vacation, and she should come back, she isn't doing her job. She should come back and do her job. (talking about the $250B money)

He is lobbying for a payroll tax cut now. (quoting someone) He's not sure we are gonna get it, but he is going to see if happens.

Press: asking about China doubling their death numbers
Trump: sounding skeptical

Press: asking about the virus escaping from the Wuhan lab
Trump: pointing out the bat isn't in that area, lots of investigation going on. Whatever form it came from from China, 184 countries are suffering due to China.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Press: When will you travel again?
Trump: I don't know.  And then he pointed out he's been in the WH for months, and only went to launch that ship. Monologued about the ship.
Pence will be going to Colorado for the air force commencement. Trump will be doing west point. They will be having social distancing at both places.

1 minute ago, Hardhatharry said:

Crazy how his whole head is only thinking about votes and nothing else.

Yup, he put the press up to asking the question. :rolleyes:

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Crazy how his whole head is only thinking about votes and nothing else.

he was asked a question about political rallies, dummy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Someone is painting rocks to celebrate her move out of the ICU. I will be leaving her in a little bit as  will be taking over for me.

My niece is doing way better. Glad she is. That's my sister husband said on facebook. Tag my sister name but deleted here for privacy. Happy thing's going really well :). 

Ya going to take a break rest today and tomorrow. Covid19 seems like taking over my life studying everything to do. Gotta stop lol. Going too ahead of time after learning so much about it. Go for positive thing's and just enjoy the day tomorrow. Be safe everyone!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

‘Making complete sense’: Dr. Tony Fauci pushes back on Dem criticism over testing 

Dr. Tony Fauci just briefed the press on testing and it went very well.

He was responding to criticism from earlier today where Democrats said there weren’t enough tests and that President Trump needed to do more

He made it clear that what happened in the past is not what’s happening now

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

What part of the criteria are all states lacking?  I must be missing what you are looking at?

CDC director went over how they would do the contact tracing.  He says they have a sophisticated system that sort of works like a weather radar and from that system they’d attack it.   I don’t know exactly how that would work but that’s what was said.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

‘Making complete sense’: Dr. Tony Fauci pushes back on Dem criticism over testing 

Dr. Tony Fauci just briefed the press on testing and it went very well.

He was responding to criticism from earlier today where Democrats said there weren’t enough tests and that President Trump needed to do more

He made it clear that what happened in the past is not what’s happening now

And this is what the lede or takeaway should be out of this presser.   But it won’t be, the media’s lede will be how Trump is supporting a government insurrection in the state of VA. And Michigan

14 minutes ago, Magox said:

And this is what the lede or takeaway should be out of this presser.   But it won’t be, the media’s lede will be how Trump is supporting a government insurrection in the state of VA. And Michigan

The media are those kids you knew in school who loved to spread gossip and discord. Those kids grew up to be journalists. All drama,  and certainly not paying attention in class! .

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Magox said:

I think they would love too, but I am not too certain how much attention they want to draw to what the VA Governor is doing. I was actually yelling at the TV for Trump to lay it out for those watching instead of dancing around it. If the Michigan Governor really is up for the Democratic VP slot, the less said about her shenanigans during this crisis, the better for the Democrats. And the “msm” is all about protecting the Ds. 

• Like (+1) 1