Brady’s fate in the hands of Belichick and Kraft

Belicheater wanted to move on from Brady back before they traded away Grappalo.  

Belicheater wanted to keep Grappolo and Brady went to Kraft and complained, and forced the Cheaters hand. 

Soni really doubt the Belicheater wants Brady around next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MattM said:

They’ve also only got about $40/50m in cap space without TB, and a bunch of other guys to re-sign.  Extra comp picks, but no 2nd rounder (and I’ve seen some say no 4 or 5 either), and that also means not likely to get too much immediate help from the draft.

i could honestly see them going 8-8 or worse next year, whether he stays or goes.

If brady comes back 12+ wins

Diffrent qb 9-11 wins

1 hour ago, Success said:

Ya know, lost in all of the giddy celebration about the Pats demise is the fact that the most obnoxious opposing player in my lifetime had the choke play of the year by dropping that 3rd down pass from Brady - which was right on the #'s.

Nice goin', Edelman.  Made the evening that much more glorious.

Not to nitpick, but wasn't that second down? Either way it was glorious.

Not sure what I enjoyed the most: the Edelman drop, Bradys pick 6 or Belichick losing his sh!t when Vrabel clowned him on the rules loophole that Belichick initially exposed against the Jets. 

12 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Belicheater wanted to keep Grappolo and Brady went to Kraft and complained, and forced the Cheaters hand. 

Please provide factual proof to this

1 hour ago, Success said:

Ya know, lost in all of the giddy celebration about the Pats demise is the fact that the most obnoxious opposing player in my lifetime had the choke play of the year by dropping that 3rd down pass from Brady - which was right on the #'s.

Nice goin', Edelman.  Made the evening that much more glorious.

The patriots win game if illegal man downfield penalty dosent occur. It is what it is, wish our defense was as good as theirs. We would be playing in KC next weekend. But our defense collapsed

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Not the time to talk about it now they've got to focus on next we-....?

I wish the reporter pushed back--saying something to the effect of "well, you normally say, 'we gotta get ready for next week, but there is no next week, so can you please answer the question?'"

5 hours ago, MattM said:

They’ve also only got about $40/50m in cap space without TB, and a bunch of other guys to re-sign.  Extra comp picks, but no 2nd rounder (and I’ve seen some say no 4 or 5 either), and that also means not likely to get too much immediate help from the draft.

i could honestly see them going 8-8 or worse next year, whether he stays or goes.

The Bills have their 6th for Russell Bodine.

Driving back from Rhode Island today, while on the Mass Pike, it struck me.  The day after a Bills game in Buffalo, no matter the outcome, you'll see Bills fans, wearing Bills clothing, decals on vehicles, etc.  Today on the Mass Pike, nothing. It's like all the Pats fans disappeared overnight. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, peterpan said:

They went to 2 SBs in a row and won one as soon as they traded JG.

Strange take....

2 hours ago, Bigmanbills88 said:

If brady comes back 12+ wins

Diffrent qb 9-11 wins

Serious question—did you watch him play not just last night, but the 2d half of this year?  He was middling at best.  I think he was something like the 20th or 21st ranked QB this year.  Absent some kind of “miracle rejuvenation” from his buddy Alex Guerrero’s  TB12 program (just like Julian [PED]elman went through), he’s only going to get worse 9 months from now.  

Father Time is undefeated—just ask Brett Favre.

Personally, I hope he comes back and plays for the Pats*.....

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

He’s a free agent and able to go anywhere he gets an offer...

I know but think Kraft do almost anything to keep Tommy even fire BB if came down to it. Yet think Tommy rather move on maybe with McDaniels.

Edited by The Jokeman

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

I know but think Kraft do almost anything to keep Tommy even fire BB if came down to it.

Ooh, that’s a hard one, not sure which way that would go to be honest. Belacheat potentially could be around a lot longer then Tommy Boy can keep playing...

6 hours ago, Chris66 said:

It used to be that way. Remember the Pats are the baby brother to the other 3 major sports teams. Now the Pats are the number 1 team and it isnt even close.

It will turn back. Pats are done. Stop the you can’t win every year. Brady is done. Belichick isn’t a great drafter. 
McDaniels is leaving. 
Belichick will last a year and then be gone. 

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Ooh, that’s a hard one, not sure which way that would go to be honest. Belacheat potentially could be around a lot longer then Tommy Boy can keep playing...

I'd keep BB yet when Kraft over ruled BB to trade Tommy and instead Jimmy G he showed his hand that whatever Tommy wants Kraft will go with. I just think Brady save face more if he left then force Kraft to decide.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'd keep BB yet when Kraft over ruled BB to trade Tommy and instead Jimmy G he showed his hand that whatever Tommy wants Kraft will go with. I just think Brady save face more if he left then force Kraft to decide.

This is not the case (Kraft overruled BB to Trade Jim G) per our Pats fan visitors.  The Pats just extended Brady at the time of the trade, so Brady wasn't going anywhere.

At this point, Kraft would be smart to keep BB and do what he wants.  Brady is no where near the player he used to be.

7 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

Much different from some in Bills land? 10-6 season, playoff loss, and plenty seem to view this season as a dismal failure.

True but some "Bills fans" praise Bilicheat and the Cheats all the time and never praise the Bills so this is no surprise.

7 hours ago, Chris66 said:

You cant win it every year. There were a lot of bad teams on the schedule this year. They beat up on the sisters of the poor and lost to almost every good team they faced. 10-1 to 2-4 down the stretch.

You can if you learn to cheat better, bribe better and put pressure on league better - the P*ts didn't so they failed.

8 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I know but think Kraft do almost anything to keep Tommy even fire BB if came down to it. Yet think Tommy rather move on maybe with McDaniels.

Kraft already stated that resigning Brady is Bills decision.

Its his decision as long as he re-signs him

In case of emergency, break glass, its Kraft's decision to re-sign him to top 5 QB money for multiple seasons, give him right of refusal on every employee of the month, choose his own offensive coordinator, and select his own receivers and tight end

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

Kraft already stated that resigning Brady is Bills decision.

From a Jail Cell??  (Federal charges)  ;)  ;)  :D

this may just be more of the same

Bill Belichick: Tom Brady 'iconic' but Patriots QB's future not up to coach alone

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bill-belichick-tom-brady-iconic-164218264.html

FOXBORO - Bill Belichick reiterated it multiple times. He didn't want to discuss the future. Still, the questions came. 

During his end-of-the-season press conference on Sunday morning at Gillette Stadium, he was lobbed queries about Tom Brady's future. He deflected questions about his own future.

Almost 10 minutes into his back-and-forth, though, he provided some insight on the mechanics involved in a decision on Brady's whereabouts for 2020. 

I know everyone is thinking about Brady leaving New England, but what about Bill B.? 

He’s been there a long time, but when Garoppolo was there, Belichick was prepared to make the hard decision. Trade/move on from Brady, let the team belong to Jimmy G., and spend another 10+ years as a contender in the AFC. 

If Brady leaves/retires, they have to bring in and develop a new guy into the system. McDaniel’s would likely also take a head job somewhere else as well. 

Also, the Giants gig is open. Bill spent a lot of time there, and was part of two super bowl victories there. He would have a young QB to build with, and would be one guy that could come in and have final say over Gettleman or more likely take over his job altogether. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Actually kind of funny that it wouldnt burn. Basically just showing how stupid it is.

I hate Brady, but he is incredible for 20 years. How his own fans cant appreciate that is shocking

I wish I could find the Facebook post on my wife's feed. It totally captures Patriots fans sense of entitlement. Her friend was whining because the Pats were losing, as if winning is a switch they can throw. They are so used to winning everything that when they are losing they act like the team is not trying.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

50 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I know everyone is thinking about Brady leaving New England, but what about Bill B.? 

He’s been there a long time, but when Garoppolo was there, Belichick was prepared to make the hard decision. Trade/move on from Brady, let the team belong to Jimmy G., and spend another 10+ years as a contender in the AFC. 

If Brady leaves/retires, they have to bring in and develop a new guy into the system. McDaniel’s would likely also take a head job somewhere else as well. 

Also, the Giants gig is open. Bill spent a lot of time there, and was part of two super bowl victories there. He would have a young QB to build with, and would be one guy that could come in and have final say over Gettleman or more likely take over his job altogether. 

this is probably THE key factor for Bill. And who knows what they promised McDaniels to back out of the handshake agreement to be the Colts Head Coach.

Pats owner Robert Kraft's 'hope and prayer' is that Tom Brady re-signs

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28432493/pats-owner-robert-kraft-hope-prayer-tom-brady-re-signs

"My hope and prayer is No. 1, he [Brady] play for the Patriots. Or No. 2, he retires," Kraft told NBC Sports' Peter King before the Patriots' wild-card loss on Saturday. "He has the freedom to decide what he wants to do and what's in his own best personal interest."

The owner doesn't' want Tom gone.  He can't see that Tom is a husk of what he was.  

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28435154/weighing-tom-brady-contract-options-stay-new-england-go

Weighing Tom Brady's contract options: Will he stay in New England or go?

Does Brady want to stay?

Brady hasn't decisively answered that question publicly, although he was open to signing a true multiyear extension as of last offseason. How the dynamics have changed for him since -- after the sides couldn't reach a deal, the Pats went through a 12-4 season in which they were disappointingly light on offensive firepower around their quarterback and the team ended its campaign with a wild-card loss Saturday -- is an unknown. Family considerations will be a notable part of his decision-making process.

Does Belichick want him back?

Only one person has the answer -- he often wears a hoodie and his initials are B.B. -- and he isn't tipping his hand. Here's what Belichick said during his season-ending news conference Sunday regarding Brady:

"I want to give the proper attention and communication and detail and thought into my input into those decisions," he said. "But any decision made is not an individual decision. There are other people involved.

Is there a timetable for a decision?

Brady becomes a free agent on March 18. The sides can always strike an extension before that date, although sources say there have been no talks since August. If Brady does not sign a new deal by March 18, the team would take on $13.5 million in dead cap space. If a deal is struck after that date, it would still stay on the cap. So, if the Patriots move to retain him, there would be some urgency to do so before March 18.

What role does team owner Robert Kraft play?

A significant one. Just as Kraft brought NFL players and ownership together to help end the 2011 lockout, which has earned him a reputation as a bridge builder worthy of Pro Football Hall of Fame consideration, he has a similar challenge in keeping the Brady-Belichick partnership alive for a 21st season. Kraft wouldn't want to alienate Belichick by forcing a decision on him. But with "hope and prayer" that Brady stays, Kraft is ultimately the one who has the power to ensure it happens. It's a delicate balance.

Yes to does TB want to stay.

NO to does BB want him to stay. already tipped his hand with garappolo offer. BB has always been better a year early than a year late.

it's brady's time table. he will become a free agent and wait it out to see improvements on offense. they really missed gronk blocking and receiving

Kraft has final say....he's kept them all together so far and will keep trying.

i say it's more likely that BB leaves before TB does.  BB resents not having final say.

On 1/6/2020 at 8:48 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

I wish I could find the Facebook post on my wife's feed. It totally captures Patriots fans sense of entitlement. Her friend was whining because the Pats were losing, as if winning is a switch they can throw. They are so used to winning everything that when they are losing they act like the team is not trying.

I was reading the Patriots board on sunday.

Someone posted a thread.  A real one.  About how to console his 9 year old son because he was so distraught for the loss and wouldnt stop crying.  The "poor" kid knows nothing but Superbowls.  

I have a lot of friends in New England.  One on my facebook feed posted a link to some column talking about that 'alleged' statement by Kraft the other day when he told 50 cent that they can/should win them all.

Here is one of his friend's comments that made me laugh.  Its like they think its automatic and easy.  Let's just grab another Randy Moss 

this reminds me of the time right after Spygate and before 2007. They are going scorched earth. They can truly use the world is against them motivation now, and I think they will get a big time WR and another quality one similar to when they grabbed Welker and Moss. I also think a high-upside TE like OJ Howard could be in play. Kraft might just open the bank for once.