Brady’s fate in the hands of Belichick and Kraft

1 minute ago, Success said:

BB's ego is MASSIVE.  I have little doubt that he's ready to cut ties and try to show the world that he can do it w/ Stidham, or anyone.

I'm loving it.  That team looked terrible yesterday - they're old, and losing a bunch of good players & coaches this offseason.  At long last, it seems like they are headed for a lengthy (and hopefully frustrating) rebuild.

You can turnover a roster pretty quick in todays nfl. Just look at Baltimore. 

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Honestly they are great baseball fans and historically not much else.  I've seen cycles where either the Bruins or Celtics were bad and their arena was a morgue.  With the Sox they are thick and thin.

I lived there for three years, including the first super bowl. I'd argue it's a hockey town too, they play a great college hockey tournament every year that people get fired up over. But yeah, that playoff win vs the Raiders and subsequent run took everyone by surprise. Nobody gave a crap about the Patriots before that, except for a very few. Today, everyone claims to have been a diehard Pats fan since 1776, yet they can't name any players prior to 2000 not named Bledsoe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

The Celtics are only considered great because they ran up the 'ship tally at a time when the league was half of what it is today.  They've only won 1 title in the past 30 years.

Sox fans were basically Bills fans for 100 years.  I can't rue them their success over the past 2 decades.  But that's probably over now.

Well, there is no denying Bill Russell.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

He wanted to with Garrapolo. Kraft wouldn’t stand for that. Not with his Tommy. 

People keep saying that, but it isnt true. They tried signing jimmy g to a bridge deal but he turned it down. They couldnt get rid of brady because it would have been a 17 million cap hit. Trading garrapolo was really the only option.

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Yeah, but the Pats probably won't.  It's been a nice long run, but last night felt like they closed the book.

Why wouldnt they. They have a pretty good amount of picks. 40 mill in cap space. BB has retooled the roster with less.

3 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

People keep saying that, but it isnt true. They tried signing jimmy g to a bridge deal but he turned it down. They couldnt get rid of brady because it would have been a 17 million cap hit. Trading garrapolo was really the only option.

Why wouldnt they. They have a pretty good amount of picks. 40 mill in cap space. BB has retooled the roster with less.

BB has been fortunate to have Brady on the roster. Brady bails out quite a few average rosters.

BB the drafter does not scare me, one bit.

The rest of the AFCE is catching up fast.  I don't see the Patriots winning that division in the years ahead.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

40 million with no qb and players to sign they have problems to improve the offense...

Just now, Success said:

BB has been fortunate to have Brady on the roster. Brady bails out quite a few average rosters.

BB the drafter does not scare me, one bit.

The rest of the AFCE is catching up fast.  I don't see the Patriots winning that division in the years ahead.

Not sure about that.BB could win the afce on coaching alone. Not worried about Gase or McDermott. Flores on the other hand might be one to watch out for. 

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

Not sure about that.BB could win the afce on coaching alone. Not worried about Gase or McDermott. Flores on the other hand might be one to watch out for. 

They used to say the same thing about Shula.  But he got old & the game passed him by.

BB hasn't looked all that genius-like lately.  Some very poor-gameplanning overall, and some of the in-game decisions are headscratchers.

Nah....it's over.  Good run, though. Enjoy the DVD's.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Not sure about that.BB could win the afce on coaching CHEATING alone. Not worried about Gase or McDermott. Flores on the other hand might be one to watch out for. 

FIFY!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

90% yuppies in that fan base, if the Patriots suck for even two years they will be forgotten by the Yups.

It's actually about 40% yuppie. 40% squidbilly from maine, etc. And 20% old working class Lowell types. 

Ya know, lost in all of the giddy celebration about the Pats demise is the fact that the most obnoxious opposing player in my lifetime had the choke play of the year by dropping that 3rd down pass from Brady - which was right on the #'s.

Nice goin', Edelman.  Made the evening that much more glorious.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1