Denver Post: Shaq Lawson confronts Connor McGovern on the field after Bills’ blowout of Broncos

HOUSE

I think Shaq is a very solid but unspectacular player.  But he seems to act like he’s Bruce Smith anytime he makes a play.   

he’s is going to get overlaid next year and while I think he is solid, I hope we don’t overpay him. 

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not sure what I loved more...Shaqs performance, Shaqs post game trash talk, or the funny but overly stiff reactions from the no fun police in this thread.  

Thought his post game trash talk was great and warranted.  

Go Shaq, Go Bills

Think about if some DE on Miami who gets 5 sacks a year did this.  It would be pretty annoying.  Shaq acts like he’s Bruce when he’s really Kelsey.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think Shaq is a very solid but unspectacular player.  But he seems to act like he’s Bruce Smith anytime he makes a play.   

he’s is going to get overlaid next year and while I think he is solid, I hope we don’t overpay him. 

A majority of the players in NFL act like they’re the greatest after making a big play. They’re excited. Adrenaline is pumping. Good for them. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Think about if some DE on Miami who gets 5 sacks a year did this.  It would be pretty annoying.  Shaq acts like he’s Bruce when he’s really Kelsey.

Always happens after a big payday ?

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Nah, if someone did this to us, I would say good that’s what we get for our OL and other team members giving them poster board material and firing the other team up with dumb talk before and during the game.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

This kind of behavior I really dislike and is uncalled for once the game is over let it go don't be a jerk.  How about go up to the guy shake his hand and say have a happy Thanksgiving or something. Some advice for youngsters coming from an old guy who has been around. Instead of trying to escalate a situation try descalating it.  Next time somebody cuts you off while driving instead of flipping them the bird just wave to them you have that split second in time you can make the situation go either way.  Most people are good and being angry all the time is no way to live life is too short

Absolutely! Ignore the foolish reactions

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

This kind of behavior I really dislike and is uncalled for once the game is over let it go don't be a jerk.  How about go up to the guy shake his hand and say have a happy Thanksgiving or something. Some advice for youngsters coming from an old guy who has been around. Instead of trying to escalate a situation try descalating it.  Next time somebody cuts you off while driving instead of flipping them the bird just wave to them you have that split second in time you can make the situation go either way.  Most people are good and being angry all the time is no way to live life is too short

I think what this assessment misses is that to play well, the guys in the trenches get incredibly amped up.  They are taking hits, they are giving hits, their endocrine systems are working over time.  They are just flooded with endorphins and adrenaline.

All that amping up doesn't just dissipate out of their bloodstream with the final whistle.   That's why you get stuff like Hughes going down the tunnel jawing about the refs and so forth.

If you look at the film clips and all, it was really NBD.  Morse was there talking to the guy and physically stepped between them and waved Shaq off.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think what this assessment misses is that to play well, the guys in the trenches get incredibly amped up.  They are taking hits, they are giving hits, their endocrine systems are working over time.  They are just flooded with endorphins and adrenaline.

All that amping up doesn't just dissipate out of their bloodstream with the final whistle.   That's why you get stuff like Hughes going down the tunnel jawing about the refs and so forth.

If you look at the film clips and all, it was really NBD.  Morse was there talking to the guy and physically stepped between them and waved Shaq off.

I agree with you 100% and maybe I am missing the point but I do see with the younger generation they are so fast to get in somebody's face because they feel like they were disrespected. There are a lot of dead young people and a lot of people serving life sentences for this type of thinking.  How many people have to get hurt or killed because they felt disrespected before this type of thinking is changed.  Sorry I will get off of my soap box now. Go Bills!!

7 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Wow, you are so far off base. Clearly you never participated in any competitive sport. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Cannot resign Shaq He is not trustworthy after he gets a big contract. He has shown his character over the last 4 years and this incident. Without the carrot of a big payday he would not be performing.

The funny thing is.....Beane and McDermott have got rid of those exact players you believe Lawson is. Which 100% makes me feel Lawson is the exact opposite of who you believe he is.

3 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

He had a hit on Allen yesterday (and Allen did complete it for like 15 yds) that set the tone for the D. It was a perfect midsection spear that took the wind out of Allen.

Totally legal, but he hit him as hard as I've seen Shaq hit someone. He played lights out yesterday.  

Awesome hit.  I couldn't believe the ref didn't flag him for driving Allen into the turf.  I'm so effing confused what is/isn't a roughing the passer penalty anymore.  I just expect the worse.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RoboTronic said:

He had a nice game but I thought the culture here didn't allow for thuggery?

You, and seemingly many others in this thread, dont understand what that "culture" is actually about or defined as.

Too many people think "high football character" means "choir boy". It does not.

You arent going to win games in the NFL without some badasses. Shaq took his fight to the field and won it there, nothing wrong with lightly pointing it out to the guy who started it.

13 minutes ago, stony said:

Awesome hit.  I couldn't believe the ref didn't flag him for driving Allen into the turf.  I'm so effing confused what is/isn't a roughing the passer penalty anymore.  I just expect the worse.   

Awesome hit, and we all expected it to be flagged, and it probably should have been flagged according to the modern rules. Definitely got away with one there.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, the skycap said:

What's wrong with telling a person to respect my game and my name?? A lot of the greats talk/talked smack during/after game. His smack talk didn't influence the game at all, I doubt he'll get disciplined/counciled for it

i think he has been improving since mcdermott has been here

7 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Dunno. As I get older & older, I seem to ‘get off my lawn’ resent this shite more & more. 

I was watching all the early games at the bar and some clown from the Raiders, got up to do a sack dance! You know, as his clown team was being beatch slapped 3-33, by the J*E*T*S?????

On the day that the record was surpassed,

ACT like the dude who went to the End Zone 90+ times, with breathtaking, personal efforts and simply handed the ball to the Ref!

Act like Barry Sanders!

Act like you’ve already won the SB MANY times!

Act like you’ve been there, before!

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I guess he's always been a trash talker.  So is McGovern.  They have a bit of a history, and McGovern allegedly started it before the game.  Trash talking certainly is not my style, but I don't think it's a big deal.  I don't expect it will affect Lawson's future status with the team or his relationship with McDermott unless it escalates a lot more than it has.

As long as the trash talking he does not inspire an opposing player to play harder or take cheap shots it is fine.  

Thurman mentioned once that usually trash talkers to him usually did not trash talk next game players played against him.

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think he deserves to be paid like Bruce was.  Of course the dollars Bruce was paid in 1990s are not worth as much anymore. 

4 hours ago, stony said:

It depends (yes an age joke) if you wear panties like Br*dy.

1 hour ago, tcampbell104 said:

i think he has been improving since mcdermott has been here

agreed.

No one has stood out really, as a dominating player. Every dog gets a his day. hell even Star got a solid sack with Oliver shutting down any escape lane !
as mentioned. the teams is schemed for sacks.

McD has lifted the whole boat.

45 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I think he deserves to be paid like Bruce was.  Of course the dollars Bruce was paid in 1990s are not worth as much anymore. 

It depends (yes an age joke) if you wear panties like Br*dy.

Since 2009, the undisputed King of RTP flags (beneficiary)...is Fitzy---and it's not even close.  45.

Rounding out the top 5: Ryan, Rodgers, Newton (surprise!) and Jay Cutler.

Brady barely cracks the top 10 with 28 over the past 10+ seasons.