Denver Post: Shaq Lawson confronts Connor McGovern on the field after Bills’ blowout of Broncos

Broncos-Bills-Football-copy.jpg?w=525

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — After the Bills demolished the Broncos 20-3 on Sunday, Buffalo defensive end Shaq Lawson didn’t leave the field without reminding Denver center Connor McGovern about the outcome.

Lawson, who had two sacks and two tackles for loss, found McGovern during the postgame handshake and confronted the offensive lineman.

“You’ll remember my name,” Lawson aggressively told McGovern as Bills center Mitch Morse stepped between the two. “I got two sacks on (you).”

Lawson later told Buffalo reporters that the Broncos were “talking junk” earlier in the game at New Era Field.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/25/bills-shaq-lawson-confronts-broncos-connor-mcgovern/

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — After the Bills demolished the Broncos 20-3 on Sunday, Buffalo defensive end Shaq Lawson didn’t leave the field without reminding Denver center Connor McGovern about the outcome.

Lawson, who had two sacks and two tackles for loss, found McGovern during the postgame handshake and confronted the offensive lineman.

“You’ll remember my name,” Lawson aggressively told McGovern as Bills center Mitch Morse stepped between the two. “I got two sacks on (you).”

Lawson later told Buffalo reporters that the Broncos were “talking junk” earlier in the game at New Era Field.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/25/bills-shaq-lawson-confronts-broncos-connor-mcgovern/

I hope we can figure out a way to keep Shaq 

, we still need a stud DE but I really like the contribution we’re getting and the player he’s becoming!!!

GO BILLS 

1 minute ago, ALLEN1QB said:

This kind of behavior I really dislike and is uncalled for once the game is over let it go don't be a jerk.  How about go up to the guy shake his hand and say have a happy Thanksgiving or something. Geeeez

You don’t know what has been said , I’m pretty sure it was ugly if Shaq made a point to go and confront him after the game !!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This isn’t a ringing endorsement as a McD process kinda guy. It’ll be interesting to see how they approach re-signing him

I see this the exact opposite of you.  This is the perfect example of a process guy.  Gets insults/smack talk thrown at you all game, proceed to play lights out and tally up some sacks with no penalties, call the chump out after the game.  This to me is how you want your players to react to on field taunts/jawing.  Ball out with no reaction/penalties between the lines and let him know post game that he’s a loser.  

Edited by Dirtyd415
  • Like (+1) 20
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

This kind of behavior I really dislike and is uncalled for once the game is over let it go don't be a jerk.  How about go up to the guy shake his hand and say have a happy Thanksgiving or something. Geeeez

Screw them and their fans that were acting like they were undefeated and gonna blow us out all week. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

His attitude and energy really comes across in the game though. I think it must be hard to just turn off after the game. 

Cannot resign Shaq He is not trustworthy after he gets a big contract. He has shown his character over the last 4 years and this incident. Without the carrot of a big payday he would not be performing.

Edited by Niagara Bill
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This isn’t a ringing endorsement as a McD process kinda guy. It’ll be interesting to see how they approach re-signing him

really...2 sacks and 2 tackles for loss but you're concerned because he talked trash?

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Meh. Doesn’t really matter, but I prefer to let winning do the talking. This just demonstrates that whatever he said on the field actually got under Shaq’s Skin.

Buffalo should pay a player on the other team ever Sunday to say something to Lawson if thats how hes going to play

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I am shocked, just shocked. Who would have guessed, trash talk after a game...

‘Testosterone poisoning’?

Click and Clack used that excuse to explain away a lot of bad automotive decisions on ‘Car Talk’.  ?  Probably explains away the Daurius - Jerry drag race of a few years back.

• Haha (+1) 1