Around the NFL Week 12

Ā 

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

Roll up for the Magical Mystery Flags whenever the Patriots get a big play against them.

Ā 

Was a hold though

Just now, Big C said:

Guys Tannehill is lighting it up. Where did this Tanny come from?

Ā 

It won't last. But I hope it lasts until the end of this season because almost all our WC rivals still have to play them.

47 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Browns are suddenly 5 - 6. Not ready to write them offĀ 

Are you ready to write the Jets off?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sam-darnold-believes-2-7-jets-can-make-the-playoffs-weve-still-got-a-chance/

Since this comment, they've won 2 in a row (3 in a row total).Ā And their next 2 are against Cincy and the Dolphins.

Keep this in mind the next time someone says a team has "given up" on a coach. NFL teams don't give up anymore.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

3 minutes ago, RoboTronic said:

Cowboys just not up to the task.

We've seen this w/ other great teams in history, when they're declining.Ā  They pull out some wins just based on aura.

Ā 

The Pats are on their last legs.Ā  But they'll still win because they're in other team's heads.

Ā 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Are you ready to write the Jets off?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sam-darnold-believes-2-7-jets-can-make-the-playoffs-weve-still-got-a-chance/

Since this comment, they've won 2 in a row. And their next 2 are against Cincy and the Dolphins.

Keep this in mind the next time someone says a team has "given up" on a coach. NFL teams don't give up anymore.

Write them off from what? They have one conference win and itā€™s week 12.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Ā 

Nope, welcome aboard.

Ā 

I don't get the abject fear of Pittsburgh, either.

Ā 

What a joke.

Ā 

Agree. Ā Everyone keeps playing up the Steelers defense. Ā A defense that gave up 3 TD passes to Brian Hoyer a few weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Write them off from what? They have one conference win and itā€™s week 12.Ā 

at Bengals

Dolphins

at Ravens

SteelersĀ 

at Bills

I'm not saying it's going to happen (running the table)... it's an extreme longshot, but how many posters here left the Jets for dead just a month ago? Remember how Gase was a horrible hire, how the team had given up on him, etc., etc.? Remember when the Bills had given up on McDermott after he started the season with Nathan Peterman Debacle Part II?

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

at Bengals

Dolphins

at Ravens

SteelersĀ 

at Bills

I'm not saying it's going to happen (running the table)... it's an extreme longshot, but how many posters here left the Jets for dead just a month ago?Ā 

As long as the Jets are coached by Adam Gase, they can safely be written off.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

at Bengals

Dolphins

at Ravens

SteelersĀ 

at Bills

I'm not saying it's going to happen (running the table)... it's an extreme longshot, but how many posters here left the Jets for dead just a month ago? Remember how Gase was a horrible hire, how the team had given up on him, etc., etc.? Remember when the Bills had given up on McDermott after he started the season with Nathan Peterman Debacle Part II?

are you saying Gase isn't terrible?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

at Bengals

Dolphins

at Ravens

SteelersĀ 

at Bills

Heā€™s still a horrible hire. But I am so glad heā€™s there. Only thing heā€™s accomplishing this year with any wins down the stretch is a worse draft pick. They could win all those games and still wonā€™t make the playoffs because itā€™s only 6 total conference wins two of which theyā€™ve already split head to head. They are toast.Ā 

What does a FG do for Dallas with 6 minutes left down 7 when they are at the NE 10 yard line? How many more chances do they think they are going to get that close to the end zone?

Ā 

Seems like a pointless FG. I might even rather not make it and hope the D forces a punt from deep in their own end.

10 minutes ago, Success said:

We've seen this w/ other great teams in history, when they're declining.Ā  They pull out some wins just based on aura.

Ā 

The Pats are on their last legs.Ā  But they'll still win because they're in other team's heads.

Ā 

Well they have the best D in the game, one of the best in NFL history. Can still winĀ  a SB with that.

1 minute ago, mannc said:
1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

are you saying Gase isn't terrible?

As long as the Jets are coached by Adam Gase, they can safely be written off.

Well ... we shall see. I would expect them to be 6-7 in a couple weeks, with all those 6 coming in a row. Then Baltimore should destroy the fantasy the following week. I'm just saying the very same comments about the coach having lost the team were made about McDermott (as well as about Brian Flores, as well as about Freddie Kitchens) and they were all apparently wrong. Fans think they know a lot more than they do with all the hot takes about what goes on in the locker room ....

Just now, matter2003 said:

What does a FG do for Dallas with 6 minutes left down 7 when they are at the NE 10 yard line? How many more chances do they think they are going to get that close to the end zone?

Ā 

Seems like a pointless FG. I might even rather not make it and hope the D forces a punt from deep in their own end.

Thats why you go for it. You miss, you get a 3 and out and you're at mid field again

• Like (+1) 1