Reported: Mason Rudolph accused of using racial slur prior to brawl-Steelers deny

Mango

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

When in doubt, just use the race card and see where it takes you.

Color me shocked.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

America, 2019.

Look where it got Tyrod.  he he he

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve heard that he’s not well liked or respected even in his own locker room. 

That would NOT surprise me. Just take your medicine and stop digging the hole even deeper. It’s hard to start at despicable......and then go downhill

I just re watched it and #71 (Matt Feilir) was within a couple of yards the entire time as well as an official.  I would imagine those would be the 2 who were asked if they heard anything.  Feiler could maybe protect a teammate but the official would have no reason to lie. 

Even thinking further into it, I would imagine if the official heard it, he would have immediately reported it to the league office.  I have to imagine these guys are required to fill out an after game report especially when an ejection happens.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

What’s a better play? He’s suspended indefinitely and vilified by everyone. If he plays this card he will get some people on his side. If it turns out he’s lying he was already the bad guy. He just becomes a little worse. No one will be able to prove one way or another what really happened. It will always be finger pointing. Garrett tried to drag some people back to his side and he will get some. 

Additionally, he can accuse the NFL of racism if this suspension drags on too long. He can talk about how they supported racism, yada, yada, yada. He backs them into a corner somewhat. 

The NFL has had the ongoing Kaepernick saga, the Antonio Brown thing...I'm pretty sure they aren't concerned about being accused of racism by Myles Garrett. If anything they're delighted to have something other than CTE to talk about.

53 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

According to NFLN, the NFL investigated the claim and found zero evidence that this happened.  They supposedly reviewed all field audio available and asked anyone who may have been in earshot.  Unfortunately, Rudolph is now guilty by accusation.

Is he? That's certainly not the case on here or most places I've seen this story unfold. Few people believe it due to the conspicuous timing. 

3 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Yeah, I'm sure he did and Pouncey then came running to his rescue. Makes sense.

Why didn't Garrett tell the media this right after if it was true?

So much this... If he did Pouncey probably would've joined in the Browns players and instead of curbstomping Garrett it would've been Rudolph... Also he definitely would've died on the field after that much TBI

11 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

If Garrett's accusation is not credible, he should be disciplined by the league for lying about the slur. You can't let players make a mockery of the grievance process by committing perjury.  

Can you perjure yourself at an NFL appeals hearing?