Reported: Mason Rudolph accused of using racial slur prior to brawl-Steelers deny

Mango

The best thing Myles Garrett could have done was to not appeal the suspension, publish a written apology to Rudolph in the Pittsburgh newspaper, promise he would never do it again, and then shut his damn mouth.

If the NFLPA "insisted" that he appeal he should have still done the same things.  Shame on Garrett and his "team of advisors" for thinking they could win an appeal by citing a dissimilar prior incident and making unsubstantiated claims of racism.

Screw him and screw Browns fans who defend him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Exactly what I'm thinking.  It took a week for this to come out.  I'm thinking BS all the way.

Garrett has proved he is a piece of garbage. The assault with the helmet and now the lie of a racial slur. I hope Mason Rudolph and his lawyers go after Garrett hard for this. Garrett is going. To pay up $$$$$ and maybe even assault charges? Why not? 

Does this sound like a guy who was called a racial slur and went so crazy he assaulted another person with a weapon? Not once did he say anything about Rudolph even saying one word to him. This guy is a piece of garbage. The think Rudolph is an easy target, I think they will soon find out he is not.

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

that said, the timing doesn’t really fit.  And if Garrett is lying, he should get sued and be held accountable. 

Unless was of them was mic’d Up, that is virtually impossible. Harder to prove you didn’t do something than it is to prove you did. Even if people were in earshot, Garrett could say he whispered it.

I feel bad for Rudolph, if he didn’t do it, because there will always be people out there who believe he did. 

IF it happened, it would have come out that night. 

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Unless was of them was mic’d Up, that is virtually impossible. Harder to prove you didn’t do something than it is to prove you did. Even if people were in earshot, Garrett could say he whispered it.

I feel bad for Rudolph, if he didn’t do it, because there will always be people out there who believe he did. 

IF it happened, it would have come out that night. 

Agreed. No way you were angry enough to beat someone with their own helmet but not angry enough to tell everyone what happened. Browns teammates are coming out saying this is the first they heard of it. 

If that happened to me and i'm that angry i'm telling anyone that will listen! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is about to get interesting!! It’s a smart play by Garrett’s people. That’s a strong defense from them. If Mason turns around and sues him for defamation of character that’s a strong play as well. Everyone puts their strongest hand on the table and see how it plays out.

It’s a really dumb play by Garrett.

54 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Garrett's attorney has nothing, and, barring a revelation from someone on the field last week, simply conjured something to use in defense of his client.  I'm sure he expects a sympathetic response given the seriousness of the allegation. 

That it took 6 full days for this to come out is questionable at best.

100% agree, this is a desperation play at best. He just happened to push the button that the NFL didn’t want pushed.

Of course not.  But it’s hard to explain the feeling of someone calling You certain words.  Like it’s hard for someone who isn’t that background to ever get what getting called the n word or the c word can do to you.   I grew up that If you take ?, you get hit.  I think the word would be better if people did that instead of fight on social media.

that said, the timing doesn’t really fit.  And if Garrett is lying, he should get sued and be held accountable. 

Yeah, I agree. The world would definitely be better if people tried to assault others for using naughty words and hurting their feelings, and then those people got shot in self defense. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Of course not.  But it’s hard to explain the feeling of someone calling You certain words.  Like it’s hard for someone who isn’t that background to ever get what getting called the n word or the c word can do to you.   I grew up that If you take ?, you get hit.  I think the word would be better if people did that instead of fight on social media.

Lets not forget Mulva. You can't go around calling a woman Mulva and not expect to get doinked with your own helmet.