Reported: Mason Rudolph accused of using racial slur prior to brawl-Steelers deny

Mango

Just got the update via ESPN. That could change things a bit in a bunch of ways. While not condoning, it would make some more sense to the sudden outburst. 

Feel free to merge with the other Garret v. Rudolph thread if need be 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28130757/during-appeal-myles-garrett-accused-mason-rudolph-using-racial-slur

• Thank you (+1) 2

I hate you enough that I will hit you over the head with your own helmet but I don’t hate you enough that I’d tell the world you’re a racist... until a week later when I’m really desperate to play and get paid again. 

Edited by CommonCents
  • Like (+1) 27
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Just glad we took Allen not him like alot of posters here wanted.

I remember that. I definitely wanted the Cowboy receiver Washington.

Sadly, I think I wanted Rudolph if we dropped down. Oops.

Edited by r00tabaga
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Didn't want Rudolph in the draft because I didn't like him as a prospect, and I'm even happier not to have him as he behaves likes a d-bag on the field. 

That's entirely separate from this report, where I simply have no idea what was or wasn't said. I'm guessing this is somewhat fabricated due to the conspicuous timing. 

Edited by NickelCity

17 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I hate you enough that I will hit you over the head with your own helmet but I don’t hate you enough that I’d tell the world you’re a racist... until a week later when I’m really desperate to play and get paid again. 

Yeah, that is kinda how I feel about it too. This seems like a desperate attempt to get public opinion on his side. 

Garrett didn’t mention any racial slurs to his coaches, teammates, opposing players or the media the night the incedent happened. He and his lawyers bring it up today in the meeting with the NFL to save his a$$. 

Sheldon Richardson is as asked today if Garrett mentioned anything to him and he said it was the first time he heard anything like that. 

Pure bullsh$& and the reporter is such trash. Josina Anderson is nothing but a gossip reporter. Go work for TMZ and leave sports alone. Trash.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1