Reported: Mason Rudolph accused of using racial slur prior to brawl-Steelers deny

Mango

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

As reported by ESPN. You heard it THERE first.

They're just reporting news.  It wasn't a op/ed piece.  Can't fault ESPN for reporting what they heard from their sources.

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Of course not.  But it’s hard to explain the feeling of someone calling You certain words.  Like it’s hard for someone who isn’t that background to ever get what getting called the n word or the c word can do to you.   I grew up that If you take ?, you get hit.  I think the word would be better if people did that instead of fight on social media.

that said, the timing doesn’t really fit.  And if Garrett is lying, he should get sued and be held accountable. 

Cornelius?

• Haha (+1) 1

I call BS. Garrett is just trying to find a way to reduce his sentence or flip the narrative. The reason Garrett did what he did was because Rudolph tried to pull his helmet off first. I think Rudolph is to shoulder some of the blame here and should have gotten at least a one game suspension. But trying to invoke the race card here is rather cowardly imo.  

I hope to God that one of them or anyone in the general vicinity was mic'd up. That could clear the whole thing up real quick. And if Garrett is lying he should get a 2 season ban for even suggesting such a thing as well as beating the man over the head with his own helmet. If Mason Rudolph is guilty then he should get a season ban. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

I hate you enough that I will hit you over the head with your own helmet but I don’t hate you enough that I’d tell the world you’re a racist... until a week later when I’m really desperate to play and get paid again. 

hammer and nail.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They're just reporting news.  It wasn't a op/ed piece.  Can't fault ESPN for reporting what they heard from their sources.

And it's important information to come out because if the claim winds up being convincingly shot down, Garrett just added even more time to his sentence.  It won't come in the form of a suspension, but it may as well be career suicide.  If he made it up, he doesn't get the public shame he deserves unless the story was put out there in the first place.

You've got two possibilities here.  You have a guy who made a racist comment or you have a guy who blatantly played the race card to cover his own ass.  I'll leave it up to everyone to decide which the think is more despicable.

• Like (+1) 1