Randy Moss takes wrong flight, ends up in Bristol TN not Bristol CT

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah, since I’m not aware of any scheduled commercial flights into Bristol, CT. 

Actually wanted Bradley, which puts out a lot of commercial flights.  About a 40 mile drive to Bristol, Connecticut.  Flight Aware shows a fair amount of the westbound traffic over my place is Bradley originated.

There actually was an incident a few years back (10+) in which a passenger thought they were going to "Oakland", when the flight was heading to "Auckland".  The poor SOB took a 13+ hour transpacific flight.  Guess the airline put him in up in a hotel, and schlepped him back within 24 hours.  That hurts just thinking about it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Sounds more like a private flight that the pilot screwed up more than Moss getting on wrong plane. 

You really think ESPN has a budget to fly in all the talking heads on private flights?  Anything is possible, but I really doubt it.

One of the things I'll not forget in my career was a similar story.

Flew the last leg of the day from Chicago to Providence, a 727.

I'm at the door saying goodbye, and at the very end of the passengers is this really tiny Mexican guy, about 5'2".

He has a little carry on bag in his hand and hes says:

"Mexico Ceety?"

We got him a hotel and got him out the next day.

One gate over.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

You really think ESPN has a budget to fly in all the talking heads on private flights?  Anything is possible, but I really doubt it.

If it wasn't a private flight, it sounds like security may need to be checked at the airport's again. You would think with all the supposed security for flights that it would be impossible to just end up on the wrong flight without someone noticing and stopping it. Atleast he wasn't carrying any large bottles of shampoo or water with him....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

When I was out in California, we drove through Albany California and I was looking for a portal that could save me a full day of flying, but unfortunately I never found it.  

I loved traveling the Mediterranean  Visiting Rome, then Ithaca ... then I woke up on the Thruway just outside of Victor 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I think randy moss has enough money to pay for his own flight.

So you believe that even though ESPN in the talking heads contract, includes commercial flights in and out of CT, Moss chooses to be flown in privately?  I don't know, so I am asking...any idea how much a private flight would cost?

Edited by LabattBlue

13 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

So you believe that even though ESPN in the talking heads contract, includes commercial flights in and out of CT, Moss chooses to be flown in privately?  I don't know, so I am asking...any idea how much a private flight would cost?

it’s possible he paid for it himself because he went to see his son. I don’t believe anything and don’t really care either way. 

IMO by the way the story was told it sounds more like a private flight because of the conversations with the pilot. But he’s Randy Moss he could have been in first class right near them and got special treatment. 

Private flights are around $4k an hour. 

Good thing he’s rich.....those airport bars are EXPENSIVE!

After a rugby tournament in Savannah, GA all the guy were flying out to various locations. One guy got so drunk in the airport bar we put him in a wheelchair and told the flight attendants he’s been hit in the head in the tournament (HUGE event, they knew about it). Put him on his flight to Chicago and all was well.......except he didn’t wake up until Milwaukee. Oops!