Bills-Jets Pregame thread

YoloinOhio

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it will help your D a lot to get the LB back. 

You're in the same spot we're in with your starting center not having played a preseason game snap.  OL might be sound, but expect some time to gel.

Oh yeah, our starting oline has only practiced together for like a week I think.  Add in Bell's unique running style and having not played all preseason, and I'm expecting some serious growing pains the first couple weeks.

Your D may get a lot of tackles for a loss today.

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Pretty simple. If the Bills can pas s the ball effectively, they will win the game. If not, they will lose.

Bills 34, Jets 24

Agree. I think Allen has to take advantage of the Jets secondary somehow, some way. If he can pick em apart even just a little bit often and early, it will open up some lanes for thr RBs. If that can happen I feel pretty good about it.

Also think the defense will be ok and hopefully can get a turnover or 2.

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Jesus the WGR callers in rare form this morning. 

It’s so embarrassing for WNY! I’m listening via the app and nothing has changed. I read here that the djs diss the callers too much. 

The callers deserve it! They need a call monitor like SiriusXM NFL. If you speak like a moron to the monitor, you ain’t makin’ the airwaves!

They give us more of a bad name than the weather & Sabres combined.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Drunk already? Hey it’s almost 10am

Haha. That guy was hilarious. It was ScottLaw

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Dozens!?!?  Haha. That’s it??  What a loser fanbase!

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm excited too. I have this feeling that it may take this offense a while to meld, but if Allen can make a big step, it will be worth the wait. I also think people tend to underrate the Jets front 7. They will be very good under Greg Williams' tutelage. Don't expect Singletary to bust loose week one and man do I ever hope I'm wrong about that. I'm also concerned about Edmunds and Oliver. How big of a jump can Edmunds make? How long until Oliver hits stride?

I guess I've just learned to taper my expectations over the last 59 years to numb some of the pain, but I really do believe the Pegulas are committed and will spend what it takes to keep the right GM and HC in place once they find them. The facilities at OBD are as good as any in the NFL. I just hope they have the right people in the right places this time around. I'm not getting any younger and I well remember how disappointed my father was before he passed away that the Bills never won a SB and were usually in the tank.

Show me that I'm wrong, Bills. Show me that it's time to believe again and not just because you say so. I want to see it on the scoreboard, in the standings and in the playoffs. I'm tired of my team, being the laughing stock of the league. And despite my pessimism, I'm still on pins and needles. What will this rebuild produce? Will it be the one we've been waiting for or will we be disappointed again? Is Allen the real deal or will his inaccuracy be his downfall? Too many questions! Let's start answering them already!

24 minutes ago, JetFan79 said:

I do not.  Don't worry, I'm usually well behaved.  Only some light smack talk occassionally.

With three 2018 drafted QBs in the division now, and old man Brady approaching 50...  one of us better dethrone the Pats soon.

Hopefully we all can agree on that.

Amen .... 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

wife is getting eggs now, i am cooking the bacon...been informed no yard work, no Bills game!

Oh no, No that will not do at all.

No Bills games no yard work... Ask her how she like dem apples

Just now, ddaryl said:

Oh no, No that will not do at all.

No Bills games no yard work... Ask her how she like dem apples

I honestly really like save the yard work for after the game.  If it's a good game, I put on the headphones and listen to the post game.  If it's a bad game, I get to take my frustrations out on the lawn.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Kids are at the in-laws and the wife just called me hungover as ***** after staying out with my sister-in-law.  Just me and the dog ready to roll.  Probably need to get some food before the game though.

...and a 6 pack to wash it down and help you celebrate (I hope).

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Can I just remind everyone that not everything I say in the gameday threads is my usual rational self?

I like to get that disclaimer out there early every season.

LET'S GO BUFFAALLLOOOOOOOOO

What happens in the gameday thread stays in the gameday thread

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

What happens in the gameday thread stays in the gameday thread

starting this season I will avoid the GDT as well as the board after the game starts. I tend to like to attack (warning points not worth it) trolls and the GDT is full of them. that and the fact the GDT is absolute garbage anyway.

likely wait until mid week or later to come back if they lose. 

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I am beside myself. I am so jacked for this version of the Bills! I am sooooo thirsty for a compelling win today, and am hoping we win going away. And yet, I truly believe that if they lose I won't crater, because I think we are in for a good year either way.

Plus, I actually like/enjoy this Darnold-led Jets team, apart from their tool of a coach. So I'm hoping that both these young upstart teams set a tone for the season which will banish the *Pats to oblivion where they belong.

Bring it! Go Bills!

19 minutes ago, Gingerbread said:

Let's hope they slept well and had nice BMs. 

Fyi, folks. This piece of trash WAS Beane/Allen yesterday, until I kicked hizazz to the curb. We’re on him, and this reincarnation is dead too. Your help will be appreciated!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I honestly really like save the yard work for after the game.  If it's a good game, I put on the headphones and listen to the post game.  If it's a bad game, I get to take my frustrations out on the lawn.

Man, your grass doesn't deserve your wrath like this........

Image result for bad grass

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Eh. I'll take a one point win.

Gonna have to agree on this.