Virtually whole new starting offense

Lurker

No. There is a similar thread that has been locked similar to this one that has been locked like others that question OBD. That is what I was referring to not the back and forth, but since you mentioned it; whenever you talk down to someone by calling them names or characterization of their words in a derogatory manner you are acting like you have some moral/intellectual high ground. AND I hate to break it to you but you don’t. 

And you totally missed the bird/bush thing. The guys they had last year are not in the hand. Didn’t you hear? They were cut, traded, released. They guys they have now are somewhere in between. They may have done XYZ elsewhere but not so much in OP. 

The jury is out and you ain’t the foreman. Sorry

49 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I love you Kay? ya know, because you're so insightful?

Thanks! I think it's the glasses. They lend me extra credibility.

So now we're down to 9, once Croom gets moved to IR:

QB Allen

QB Barkley

FB DiMarco

WR Jones

WR Foster

WR McKenzie

T Dawkins

T McDermott

G Boettger

That's 2 starters and 7 specialty/backup players out of 26 players on offense. The defense, meanwhile, returns 18 of 24 (once Coleman comes back tomorrow).

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, iinii said:

No. There is a similar thread that has been locked similar to this one that has been locked like others that question OBD. That is what I was referring to not the back and forth, but since you mentioned it; whenever you talk down to someone by calling them names or characterization of their words in a derogatory manner you are acting like you have some moral/intellectual high ground. AND I hate to break it to you but you don’t. 

And you totally missed the bird/bush thing. The guys they had last year are not in the hand. Didn’t you hear? They were cut, traded, released. They guys they have now are somewhere in between. They may have done XYZ elsewhere but not so much in OP. 

The jury is out and you ain’t the foreman. Sorry

Your claiming the site is undemocratic is simply wrong.  And the way you make a team better is to replace poorly performing players with better ones.  I don’t think any reasonable comparison of, say, a Ford or Long at RG to Ducasse would say they would have been better staying put.  Or Gore vs. Ivory as another example.

This is a message board.  We debate things.  You make a statement and others challenge it.  I’m sorry that apparently causes you pain.

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Your claiming the site is undemocratic is simply wrong.  And the way you make a team better is to replace poorly performing players with better ones.  I don’t think any reasonable comparison of, say, a Ford or Long at RG to Ducasse would say they would have been better staying put.  Or Gore vs. Ivory as another example.

This is a message board.  We debate things.  You make a statement and others challenge it.  I’m sorry that apparently causes you pain.

There is a debate here. OMG, really? Shocking. I am going to ask you one more time. What is their record

Edited by iinii
Techno challenged

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

0-0.  Like every other team in the league.  Why?

I have stated it at least twice. These guys haven’t proven anything, which is what the OP was pointing out. Yet you are ready to blast anyone who might realize that. Is that so hard for you to grasp? 

1 minute ago, iinii said:

I have stated it at least twice. These guys haven’t proven anything, which is what the OP was pointing out. Yet you are ready to blast anyone who might realize that. Is that so hard for you to grasp? 

I challenge people.  The team had a bad offensive line last year.  Bad.  Really really bad.  They have invested a ton to upgrade and based on preseason it is to me and many others unarguable that they have in fact significantly upgraded.  

No team has proven anything, so why should that be unique to the Bills?  And why is challenging someone undemocratic?  

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I challenge people.  The team had a bad offensive line last year.  Bad.  Really really bad.  They have invested a ton to upgrade and based on preseason it is to me and many others unarguable that they have in fact significantly upgraded.  

No team has proven anything, so why should that be unique to the Bills?  And why is challenging someone undemocratic?  

I have never said challenging someone is undemocratic. I said shutting down threads when they asked questions mods don’t like is. There are two examples of that today. You were taking the same route in one of them. The other one lasted even less time. Blasting the dissent.

And it isn’t unique to the Bills but more nebulous since they have an extremely small sample size to go on and that is who we are discussing. Says so at the top of every page. 

I have no problem with dissent.  The mods police things and they do a good job; they are good at spotting people that are here just to stir up trouble.

I had no problem with the OP raising the question about whether a team ever made it to the playoffs after such turnover.  To me they had to upgrade regardless .  What I do have a problem with is your taking the OPs question and going off on a rant about the board not being democratic and shutting people down and so on.  Because that is simply wrong.  As shown here; the mods are letting you have your say.

Edited by oldmanfan

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Don't be surprised if it doesn't all come together that quickly.

No.:lol: 

I'm sorry but that's simply old time thinking..........in reality it's like pre-free agency thinking even.   

Change is the order of the day for everyone in the NFL now...........there is as of an much advantage in starting a season with new players and/or a new scheme as there is in starting the year with a team with experience that everyone has tape and tendencies on.        

The one guy you want to know the offense inside-and-out is the QB..........and Allen seems to be prepared.........the offense might not be great because they lack matchup winners but it shouldn't be because they aren't on the same page yet.   

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Is this thread the beginning of the Josh Allen excuse campaign?

Too many changes?  Not enough chance to form "chemistry"?  

What will be the excuse if Allen rocks it? All supporting cast, none him?

46 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I have no problem with dissent.  The mods police things and they do a good job; they are good at spotting people that are here just to stir up trouble.

I had no problem with the OP raising the question about whether a team ever made it to the playoffs after such turnover.  To me they had to upgrade regardless .  What I do have a problem with is your taking the OPs question and going off on a rant about the board not being democratic and shutting people down and so on.  Because that is simply wrong.  As shown here; the mods are letting you have your say.

I guess you will just have to live with it then.....

8 hours ago, Lurker said:

In ONE season though.   That's where I'm coming up dry...

I dismiss any notion that the Bills roster turnover is limiting offensively but the most obvious and recent answer is the 2017 Rams.

And that team not only turned over most of the OL and receiving corps but also had a new HC installing a new offense and a second year QB who was not coming into year 2 with anywhere near the momentum of a Josh Allen and Todd Gurley was coming off a nightmarish performance the previous year. 

The Rams basically went from abysmal to great offensively and it happened instantly.......they scored 46 in their opener and averaged 35+ points per game in their first 4 games that season on their way to being the most explosive offense in the NFL.

They went from complete trash to a SB favorite over night because of their brand new offense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Upon seeing this and thinking about the Shady move, the release makes sense. 

My GUESS is they realize this is still a “ rebuilding” year in terms of the O needing a year to really Gel. Shady is not the future and by next year, with the addition of some more O skill position players, we should be formidable on both sides of the ball.

Offensive rebuilding in year 3 of the overall rebuild?  Not quite.  

The reality is, contracts end, players age, and injuries happen.  You don't wait to pass the line of departure, i.e. go for the SB, because you're a little weak at WR or LB.  You make the moves to win now (at year 3 of a rebuild) and try to win it all.

Look at what Houston did today. They're going for it, and while they might fail, O'Brien's gotta win now.  

• Like (+1) 2

While it's a completely new look for the team, I'm HIGHLY skeptical that they'll be very much improved over last year's group. I still think this is likely a bottom 5-10 unit unless someone like Foster breaks out. IMO, we've already seen the best of guys like Brown, Beasley, Gore, Kroft, and Yeldon and none of that is good enough to propel us into being a potent offense. We really need Robert Foster to shock the league and turn into a superstar and one of the two rookie TE's to prove the should have been drafted in the 2nd.

I like Singletary, but I think he's a complimentary back, based on being so slow and small. It's hard to have a great offense when you don't have a RB capable of taking it to the house or a WR who's open even when he's covered. Only team I can think of that's built like that is the Pats, and Brady/Belichick nullify all standard rules.

11 hours ago, matter2003 said:

At the start of the season it was but it finished pretty strong.

how so.  

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

While it's a completely new look for the team, I'm HIGHLY skeptical that they'll be very much improved over last year's group. I still think this is likely a bottom 5-10 unit unless someone like Foster breaks out. IMO, we've already seen the best of guys like Brown, Beasley, Gore, Kroft, and Yeldon and none of that is good enough to propel us into being a potent offense. We really need Robert Foster to shock the league and turn into a superstar and one of the two rookie TE's to prove the should have been drafted in the 2nd.

I like Singletary, but I think he's a complimentary back, based on being so slow and small. It's hard to have a great offense when you don't have a RB capable of taking it to the house or a WR who's open even when he's covered. Only team I can think of that's built like that is the Pats, and Brady/Belichick nullify all standard rules.

I can't believe that you think only the Patriots are built like that.  I think the Rams,  Saints,  Falcons all will disagree.  I also think Cleveland's offense is potent if they can get their OL settled. 

22 minutes ago, ganesh said:

how so.  

I can't believe that you think only the Patriots are built like that.  I think the Rams,  Saints,  Falcons all will disagree.  I also think Cleveland's offense is potent if they can get their OL settled. 

Umm...check the Points For per Game before and after Allen's injury.

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Offensive rebuilding in year 3 of the overall rebuild?  Not quite.  

The reality is, contracts end, players age, and injuries happen.  You don't wait to pass the line of departure, i.e. go for the SB, because you're a little weak at WR or LB.  You make the moves to win now (at year 3 of a rebuild) and try to win it all.

Look at what Houston did today. They're going for it, and while they might fail, O'Brien's gotta win now.  

Bill O’ Brien is starting his SIXTH year as the Houston’s head coach and is very much on the coaching hot seat. So, yeah, he has to win now. 

When your whole offensive unit has been turned over in a single season I think it is appropriate to call it a rebuild.

I’m calling for an 11-5 record for the Bills so I don’t think I’m underselling the team. 

Having your second year QB ( first year starter at the beginning of the season) build chemistry with his new rookie running back as a mean to an end: years of deep runs in the playoffs , isn’t “ An attempt to not “ try to win it all” . It is laying the foundation for a bright future instead of holding onto the past with a clearly over the hill star. 

Future vs past. 

Reddogblitz shame on you?

Edited by Buffalo Boy

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

how so.  

What are you talking about? Those other teams are all polar opposites of the patriots. The Rams have 3 great WRs and a top 3 RB (pre-knee issues), the saints have the best young WR in football and a top 5 RB, and the falcons have Julio Jones, a plethora of other weapons and Devonta Freeman. They aren't anything like NE's traditional blend of jobbers outside Julian Edelman and a committee of 9 RBs.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

You liked the quote that I was arguing against. We had just come back from a night of a decent amount of drinking and I was a little “ saucy” . ?

I hope you were having fun.

I still agree with BillsVet on this:

You can only kick the can down the road so far. It's year 3 of the "rebuild". No more excuses. Just win.

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I hope you were having fun.

I still agree with BillsVet on this:

You can only kick the can down the road so far. It's year 3 of the "rebuild". No more excuses. Just win.

McBeane have done a masterful job at buying time for themselves to date.

This is the year that all has to end and the results need to materialize.  

I just hope Pegula understands that.

• Like (+1) 1