'Hawks deep in talks with Texans to acquire Clowney (the Trade is complete)

HOUSE

Jadeveon Clowney has a preferred destination: Seattle.

The pass rusher has told people he wants to be in Seattle, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero and Mike Garafolo reported, per sources informed of the situation, and the Seahawks and Texans are deep in talks about a trade for the former No. 1 overall pick.

If a trade were worked out with the Seahawks, Clowney would report and sign his franchise tag tender.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045863/article/hawks-deep-in-talks-with-texans-to-acquire-clowney

Edited by HOUSE

2 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Why didn’t the Seachickens just pay Frank Clarke? 

"The Chiefs let key pass rushers and/or offside penalty enthusiasts Dee Ford and Justin Houston walk. To make up the difference, they traded for the Seahawks Frank Clark and gave him $44 million in guarantees. Did I mention that Clark was once charged with choke-slamming his own girlfriend, and that he routinely punches other players, including his own teammates?"

Drew Magary.

Chiefs got rid of their 2 best D players for this.  That D is about to go from awful to legendarily bad...

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"The Chiefs let key pass rushers and/or offside penalty enthusiasts Dee Ford and Justin Houston walk. To make up the difference, they traded for the Seahawks Frank Clark and gave him $44 million in guarantees. Did I mention that Clark was once charged with choke-slamming his own girlfriend, and that he routinely punches other players, including his own teammates?"

Drew Magary.

Chiefs got rid of their 2 best D players for this.  That D is about to go from awful to legendarily bad...

Yup, a bit of a thug for sure....I just always heard it was about money, but maybe that was wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I can't help but look at the optics of this and think that BOB got taken to the wood shed... He needed linemen, he needed a runningback, he wanted a WR... He got linebackers and a 3rd round pick... 

I'm sure there's more to it, but strange to see.

EDIT: Maybe not.. Maybe he just got Hosed. 

Edited by whatdrought

Just now, whatdrought said:

I can't help but look at the optics of this and think that BOB got taken to the wood shed... He needed linemen, he needed a runningback, he wanted a WR... He got linebackers and a 3rd round pick... 

I'm sure there's more to it, but strange to see.

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

rs_1024x759-170419135252-1024.Aaron-Hern

Hes going to be an monster for them. 

One is dead, the other retired.  And Gronk didn't hit women, or the defenseless (except Tre White).

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Haha.... is Houston for real here? 

Need a RB. 

Need OL. 

Want a WR. 

Get 2 meh defensive players and a 3rd. 

It's ok if you don't understand the genius of Bill O'Brien..

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Honestly, still not sure what the bills were thinking, but I'd have sent them some scrubs and a 3rd.

Clowney still has to sign off on it and rumor was Seattle and Philly were the only teams on Clowney's very short short list.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Because of those Gatorade uniforms?!

Because Miami is a dump.

1 minute ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Gaine probably laughing his ass off. 

They would have gotten a compensatory third anyway probably. 

From his home office?

• Haha (+1) 1