'Hawks deep in talks with Texans to acquire Clowney (the Trade is complete)

HOUSE

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Honestly, still not sure what the bills were thinking, but I'd have sent them some scrubs and a 3rd.

Remember, Clowney had leverage here and took advantage of it. He refused to sign the franchise tender until they had an offer from a team he wanted to go to. I am positive that Houston could have gotten more for him if he did not have final say on the team he went to.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Maynard said:

Why didn’t the Seachickens just pay Frank Clark? After this year they will have to pay Clowney even more money!

Clowney was really good at OLB.  He will be a beast at DE.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

They honestly might not even plan on re-signing him... 

Lol they will franchise him andvtrade him for a boat load after he goes off at DE lol.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Kind of glad we didn't get Clowney as Carroll is kind of a snake players coach, reminds me somewhat of Rex except he actually has won.  So did Clowney want to go to Seattle because he knows it's Club Med out there?

I also do think while Carroll did win, he's on a downward fall last couple of years and will be very happy to see it continue.

Im pretty sure that some of the sketchy stuff he was doing got found out by the NFL and they quietly made him stop.  He’a done some bad stuff everywhere he’s been. 

35 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Remember, Clowney had leverage here and took advantage of it. He refused to sign the franchise tender until they had an offer from a team he wanted to go to. I am positive that Houston could have gotten more for him if he did not have final say on the team he went to.

Hey, hey, no one here wants to hear the facts!  Shoulda traded McCoy, Tyree and a 5th for him... :D

Edited by Heitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Remember that BoB screwed the pooch with Clowney from jump.  He ruined the relationship, then didn’t trade him when his value was much higher because he could’ve still signed a long term deal and then he got worked over by Clowney and Seattle on the trade.  This atrocity is 100% on BoB.  

38 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I dunno... better tax laws, weather that doesn’t make you want to kill yourself, beaches...

Beaches? Covered with rust belt vacationers and Eurotrash.  Move away from the beach and it’s either high rise enclaves or dumpy urban wasteland

There is an infinite list of better beaches to live near in this country.  

Seems all those tweets were premature. “Sources” are a dime a dozen. Twitter, Buzzfeed, clickbait destroyed actual journalism. 

59 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Can we now publicly mock all the posters who claimed to have inside knowledge that the trade to Buffalo was imminent?

One Hundred Percent.....

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, iinii said:

Seems all those tweets were premature. “Sources” are a dime a dozen. Twitter, Buzzfeed, clickbait destroyed actual journalism. 

One Hundred Percent.....

Should we mention this to Stevie / his podcast at the opener? ?

Edited by Heitz

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

That 3rd will be far better than Seattle's would have been, too.

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

You are probably correct

Don’t 3rd round compensatory picks start after the 3rd round is over (and before the 4th round starts)? 

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I was actually agreeing with your post. 

Not sure if Clowney would approve a trade to the Bills but was hoping they'd be all over this. A 3rd and some scrubs for Clowney is nothing. McBeane going with th slowwwww play. They must really like Murphy.

I got you ?

yeah. I figure it was a mixture of Clowney interest, and not wanting  I deal with gaine. (Maybe) 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Seriously wtf? 

I have to assume, given his aversion to Miami, that he had a list of teams he would and wouldn't want to play for. Just a guess, but I'm thinking we were not on the would list. Not a good idea give up big assets for a one year rental despite the fact that he would have been a monster addition. I'm thinking that drove his price tag down significantly, which is why the Texans got junk. I still probably would have rolled the dice if I were Beane considering the comp, but it is what it is.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

A 3rd round pick for a rental of Clowney with loads of cap space? 

Im all for that. This is a big year for GM/HC combo.... at least it should be. Need to have a big year. Clowney transforms the defense.... but they are invested in Murphy, who stinks.

You are one of those guys who isnt happy unless they're miserable.

• Like (+1) 1