Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

He definitely had trade value at the deadline last year.  

Releasing McCoy is a mistake.  Yeldon sucks as a runner.  Who is our home run threat now.  We have a bunch of power backs and a shifty but not explosive back.  I think they may not want to release Wade.

Wade is explosive but not ready to play in the regular season.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Ta111 said:

If Shady and Murphy are gone, this only leaves Gore, Singletary and Yeldon as running backs. Would they go with just 3? Or will they look on waiver wire for a pick up?

Wade has not been released yet

24 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Duke and Ray Ray were cut so phillips and sills are still on the team? interesting

They (Beane and McDermott) can only talk to one player at a time.  I assume these guys will be next.

Just now, GG said:

Surprise for me, obviously.

There’s still no one on the roster who can make the catches that Duke made this summer.  Suddenly catch radius isn’t important for a team with a QB who still has issues with exact ball placement.  The next time Zay catches the 2 TDs that Duke hauled in, will be his first ever in the NFL.

I think the decision was they aren’t keeping a guy that would be at best a red zone only wr 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

It isn't something Daboll prioritises in his offense. 

I think this means top 4 plus Roberts and McKenzie. 

Gore, Yeldon, Singletary and Di Marco

Kroft on the 53 (as one of 4 TEs) 

9 OL 

Good point. Daboll has a couple TEs he can flex, too. TEs with more athleticism, too. 

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Releasing McCoy is a mistake.  Yeldon sucks as a runner.  Who is our home run threat now.  We have a bunch of power backs and a shifty but not explosive back.  I think they may not want to release Wade.

I agree with all of this  

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Singletary is explosive.  He just doesn't have blazing straight line speed.

• Like (+1) 1

About Shady. During training camp i spoke with an acquaintence that is high up with bills. He told me gore was there specifically to get shady to fully by into the team direction, which had yet to happen. He made it sound like shady was gone if that didnt happen. I didnt want to break trust while there was just speculation, however, now seeing he was let go, it looks like having gore there did not influence shady's attitude and buy in. 

• Thank you (+1) 4

Dimarco is a Lee smith type of player. How many of those do we need? 

• Like (+1) 1

9 OL 

I hope he doesn’t regret it. Pats* always had a guy who would win contested battles.  Daboll  better hope that one of the TEs fills that role like in NE.  I haven’t seen that yet.  

So they have 3 WRs that are interchangeable and a head case with unreliable hands.  I’d rather have the head case with reliable hands.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

If Shady and Murphy are gone, this only leaves Gore, Singletary and Yeldon as running backs. Would they go with just 3? Or will they look on waiver wire for a pick up?

DiMarco, Perry or Wade, perhaps?

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

You’re thinking with your heart. 2019 Shady isn’t a “home run threat.” He’s a serviceable NFL RB at this point.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, snydert317 said:

About Shady. During training camp i spoke with an acquaintence that is high up with bills. He told me gore was there specifically to get shady to fully by into the team direction, which had yet to happen. He made it sound like shady was gone if that didnt happen. I didnt want to break trust while there was just speculation, however, now seeing he was let go, it looks like having gore there did not influence shady's attitude and buy in. 

Shady hadn't bought-in?  That makes no sense.  The team went to the playoffs in 2017, added a ton of talent this off-season and he loves Josh.

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I feel disappointed about this also, but singletary does have shady shake and bake, and I’m just not sure whatever happened late last season plus cap hit didn’t stack the odds against him. 

Good news is is there is some cash freed up now I assume. 

My list so far - (I may have missed someone...)

1 released  OL Demetrius Rhaney.  

2 released WR Nick Easley 
3 released TE Keith Towbridge
4 released OL Jarron Jones
 5 released CB Denzel Rice
6 released DT LT Walton  

7 released  WR Victor Bolden, Jr.
8 traded OL Russell Bodine
9 released S Abraham Wallace
10 released DT Roderick Young
11 traded  Wyatt Teller

12 waiving rookie QB Tyree Jackson
13 released DT Kyle Peko
14 releasing WR Ray-Ray McCloud
15 releasing veteran CB Captain Munnerlyn
16 released RB Marcus Murphy
17 released DE Sam Acho
18 released LB Deon Lacey
19 released WR Duke Williams
20 released OL Eric Magnuson
21 released CB Ryan Lewis
22 releasing RB LeSean McCoy
Edited by cd1
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No he isn't. One is an in-line blocker the other is s blocker in the backfield. Di Marco is also a special teams captain. 

That locker room leader crap is so overrated. The next time he drops another easy catch you'll understand. The Fb position is not needed in today's NFL. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, westside2 said:

That locker room leader crap is so overrated. The next time he drops another easy catch you'll understand. The Fb position is not needed in today's NFL. 

Except it is in Daboll's offense. New England keep a full back who plays 25% of the snaps and STs. They are pretty successful. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Probably not with the last year high price tag..

^ This.  No one is paying 6 mil for a 31 year old RB that averaged 3 yard per touch last year.  He'll get a job at a reduced salary and the Bills save approximately 3 mil against the cap.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, snydert317 said:

I always suspected that the Gore signing was intended to be a motivator for Shady, given their close relationship.     Ironic that it ended up costing McCoy his job.

This is certainly another "big balls" Beane move.  Not sure Gore has more than 10 carries a game left in him.  And he's never played for a cold weather team, so it will be interesting to see his effectiveness in December and January.    Given who he is, I suspect he'll be fine.   But until we see it...

• Like (+1) 2