Keeping DiMarco or not?

GreggTX

Should DiMarco make the final 53?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want DiMarco on the final 53?

• Yes. Keep him.
    • No. Get another FB or use a TE in the backfield.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 07:57 AM

I see a lot of you want him gone and I get that. He's no probowler any more.

Still, what NFL team has anyone better. Sure, there are a handful, but there are also a lot more FB's that aren't as good. He's certainly not the worst by a fair margin.  I also think people might falsely assume that any TE can just step in and do what they are asking DiMarco to do. I don't know that there is anyone better available.

I don't think the fact that he isn't playing in the last preseason game really indicates anything, but I expect he'll make the final 53.

What do you think? Should he make it or not?

Great locker room guy...yeah yeah. Cut him and pay him to be the locker room cheerleader. They do just fine in the running game without him in there. I can't remember saying to myself, wow, thay block by DiMarco sprung Shady or whomever was behind him.

I think if Daboll’s offense requires a capable FB my answer is yes unless there is a better option that comes along if that is the case.

10 minutes ago, papazoid said:

would rather keep wade

To be honest I would too, there is a better chance than not that he could get snagged onto someone else’s 53 while he is on waivers waiting to be the 11th protected man on our practice squad (I may not have the designation rules right for him). At the same time though  I put my trust in this coaching staff and in preseason I think every fan has to eat their vegetables when it comes to the final cut down.

16 minutes ago, Devilmann said:

He played 168 offensive snaps last year so your paying him to be pretty much a healthy scratch for roughly 14 games. I’d wish they’d dump him. 

Or 16 snaps a game which is probably 25% of the snaps on offense

You need a guy to clear the way for runners and it's a physically grueling position