Keeping DiMarco or not?

GreggTX

Should DiMarco make the final 53?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want DiMarco on the final 53?

• Yes. Keep him.
    • No. Get another FB or use a TE in the backfield.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 07:57 AM

...so far...."vet presence....locker room guy....fits Daboll's cloning of Pats' offense.....good blocker....etc...."......if memory serves me, Tolbert was a "vet presence....locker room guy"  who was eventually released.....how precisely does he fit Daboll's "cloned Pats offense"?......isn't the "blocking back" issue somewhat resolved with "Frank The Tank"?.....guy is a beast STILL......so how exactly is DiMarco a critical fit?.....hasn't his play been essentially limited to say the least?.....what is the gainful return on committing a roster spot to him?...just curious....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Not considering special teams, that is already more than the last two RBs and last WRs in the roster. 

And, come on, you going to ignore the Pats and Chiefs, the two offenses with the most sustained success in the NFL? Do they also drive horse and buggies?

And they do it without a FB,  as does nearly every team in the NFL

17 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There is no question they are keeping him, and probably should. 

Serious question, why? From everything I read and see he isn't a good blocker (not bad but not great) and he isn't a dynamic reviving option or high end short yardage runner either. He makes good money for his position and I don't see anything he does that can't be replaced for much cheaper. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Are you paying his salary? He is a special teams captain and over half the league still keeps a FB

You can't justify his hit on the cap by how he plays on offense. He must be a dominant special teams cog in order to justify his salary. 85% of the time he isn't on the field for offense and in that 15% of the time he is, he hardly executes any role particularly well. So if he is a dynamic special teams player who does a lot of the dirty work I understand him being on the roster. But the value he brings to the offense is uber limited. 

20 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Serious question, why? From everything I read and see he isn't a good blocker (not bad but not great) and he isn't a dynamic reviving option or high end short yardage runner either. He makes good money for his position and I don't see anything he does that can't be replaced for much cheaper. 

You can't justify his hit on the cap by how he plays on offense. He must be a dominant special teams cog in order to justify his salary. 85% of the time he isn't on the field for offense and in that 15% of the time he is, he hardly executes any role particularly well. So if he is a dynamic special teams player who does a lot of the dirty work I understand him being on the roster. But the value he brings to the offense is uber limited. 

He's a fullback. Every FB besides Kyle Jusczyk offers Uber limited ability

But most of the league Carry's one because they are needed

Their aren't 10 FBs in the league Better