Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Help out Matt Barkley - who knew these existed in Buffalo?

Nope.  Nope. Nope. 

Burn the house.  Burn the city. Change your name. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Burn the house down!

Is that blood in the photo to the left of the spider? The spider has already shed innocent blood!

17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It appears to be a black Carolina Wolf Spider. They can be brown, black, or gray.

An explainer: https://bugguide.net/node/view/797006/bgimage

It appears to be this type of spider to a tee.

PS - yet another Panthers import, it seems!

Looks about right. The biggest normal wolf spider ive ever seen was half that size and it ate really well. 

It has the same eyes as the Predator. Where is Dutch & his crew when you need them??

18 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

That's a hockey stick or a broom shot ;)

Not a foot stomp spider ;)

I bet that thing could jump more than a foot into the air.

That's why you wear hip waders before stomping on them .... they like hanging out by clothes dryers.

19 minutes ago, MJS said:

Is that blood in the photo to the left of the spider? The spider has already shed innocent blood!

Well at least we don't have to keep looking for the dog.

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

I'd let it bite me at the potential benefit of gaining superpowers.

You do realize you have to radioactively charge the spider 1st.  

That being said I think that spider has 8 biceps and is pretty ripped

Edited by ddaryl
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

We found one of these nasty ****ers the other day as well. Glad to know we weren't the only ones dealing with these things. Cuz then i'd really be worried these spiders were singling us out haha.

Just a sign of spring. These creepy crawlers start coming alive, so make sure to lay the law down so they get the message!

There are some pretty hilarious responses on Twitter...

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Burn the house down!

Seven Hells!!!

1 hour ago, Jamie Nails said:

It's a wolf spider. Not poisonous or harmful to humans, but you still don't want to get bit. The get pretty big and look ominous

Wolf spiders ARE venomous but not lethal

Posted (edited)

If he rented Dareus’ house it’s probably left over from one of Marcel’s hallucinations.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Whatever. I’d punch that spider right in the face. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

It's not a Brown Recluse, so there's nothing to worry about.

It doesn't look like a black widow either...there are black widows in WNY, but their reputation is far scarier than the effects of being bitten by one.  Sure, a little kid could get pretty sick/inflamed from a bite, but you almost certainly aren't going to die from it.

Ummmm, wrong about the Black Widows...at least the black widows we have in CA.  They bite and are quite venomous and my uncle was hospitalized 2 weeks and almost died off a bite on his hand.  Some people they bite can be less threatening and other it can be quite serious and even life threatening.

And that’s definitely not a black widow, which look nothing like that and are much smaller.  They are smooth with a sheen to them

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Ummmm, wrong about the Black Widows...at least the black widows we have in CA.  They bite and are quite venomous and my uncle was hospitalized 2 weeks and almost died off a bite on his hand.  Some people the bite can be less threatening and other it can be quite serious and even life threatening.

And that’s definitely not a black widow, which look nothing like that and are much smaller.  They are smooth with a sheen to them

Right...like I said, it didn't look like one.

I find the info about your uncle interesting...I know that, according to the CDC, less than 10% of black widow bites require hospitalization.  Was your uncle in bad health prior to being bitten?  Either way, hope he's doing well now.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Right...like I said, it didn't look like one.

I find the info about your uncle interesting...I know that, according to the CDC, less than 10% of black widow bites require hospitalization.  Was your uncle in bad health prior to being bitten?  Either way, hope he's doing well now.

I think it depends on the person.  Even healthy adults have had bad reactions because they may be more sensitive to the venom.  

1 minute ago, gobillsinytown said:

I think it depends on the person.  Even healthy adults have had bad reactions because they may be more sensitive to the venom.  

Yes, the vitriol and venom around here can be off putting...😁

54 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

We found one of these nasty ****ers the other day as well. Glad to know we weren't the only ones dealing with these things. Cuz then i'd really be worried these spiders were singling us out haha.

Just a sign of spring. These creepy crawlers start coming alive, so make sure to lay the law down so they get the message!

You live in Buffalo?

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You live in Buffalo?

Yep, North Buffalo/Kenmore atm. You wouldn't really expect these things around the city until you remember spiders are everywhere.

The big ones don't really bother me, they're actually pretty cool. Its the one's you can't see that get under my skin.

Sign in to follow this