Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Help out Matt Barkley - who knew these existed in Buffalo?

Recommended Posts

Nope.  Nope. Nope. 

 

Burn the house.  Burn the city. Change your name. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Burn the house down!

 

 

Is that blood in the photo to the left of the spider? The spider has already shed innocent blood!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It appears to be a black Carolina Wolf Spider. They can be brown, black, or gray.

An explainer: https://bugguide.net/node/view/797006/bgimage

 

It appears to be this type of spider to a tee.

 

PS - yet another Panthers import, it seems!

Looks about right. The biggest normal wolf spider ive ever seen was half that size and it ate really well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has the same eyes as the Predator. Where is Dutch & his crew when you need them??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

That's a hockey stick or a broom shot ;)

 

Not a foot stomp spider ;)

 

I bet that thing could jump more than a foot into the air.

That's why you wear hip waders before stomping on them .... they like hanging out by clothes dryers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MJS said:

Is that blood in the photo to the left of the spider? The spider has already shed innocent blood!

Well at least we don't have to keep looking for the dog.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

I'd let it bite me at the potential benefit of gaining superpowers.

 

You do realize you have to radioactively charge the spider 1st.  

 

That being said I think that spider has 8 biceps and is pretty ripped

Edited by ddaryl
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We found one of these nasty ****ers the other day as well. Glad to know we weren't the only ones dealing with these things. Cuz then i'd really be worried these spiders were singling us out haha.

Just a sign of spring. These creepy crawlers start coming alive, so make sure to lay the law down so they get the message!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some pretty hilarious responses on Twitter...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Burn the house down!

 

 

Seven Hells!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jamie Nails said:

It's a wolf spider. Not poisonous or harmful to humans, but you still don't want to get bit. The get pretty big and look ominous

 

Wolf spiders ARE venomous but not lethal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If he rented Dareus’ house it’s probably left over from one of Marcel’s hallucinations.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever. I’d punch that spider right in the face. 

  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

It's not a Brown Recluse, so there's nothing to worry about.

 

It doesn't look like a black widow either...there are black widows in WNY, but their reputation is far scarier than the effects of being bitten by one.  Sure, a little kid could get pretty sick/inflamed from a bite, but you almost certainly aren't going to die from it.

 

Ummmm, wrong about the Black Widows...at least the black widows we have in CA.  They bite and are quite venomous and my uncle was hospitalized 2 weeks and almost died off a bite on his hand.  Some people they bite can be less threatening and other it can be quite serious and even life threatening.

 

And that’s definitely not a black widow, which look nothing like that and are much smaller.  They are smooth with a sheen to them

Edited by Alphadawg7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

 

Ummmm, wrong about the Black Widows...at least the black widows we have in CA.  They bite and are quite venomous and my uncle was hospitalized 2 weeks and almost died off a bite on his hand.  Some people the bite can be less threatening and other it can be quite serious and even life threatening.

 

And that’s definitely not a black widow, which look nothing like that and are much smaller.  They are smooth with a sheen to them

 

Right...like I said, it didn't look like one.

 

I find the info about your uncle interesting...I know that, according to the CDC, less than 10% of black widow bites require hospitalization.  Was your uncle in bad health prior to being bitten?  Either way, hope he's doing well now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

Right...like I said, it didn't look like one.

 

I find the info about your uncle interesting...I know that, according to the CDC, less than 10% of black widow bites require hospitalization.  Was your uncle in bad health prior to being bitten?  Either way, hope he's doing well now.

 

I think it depends on the person.  Even healthy adults have had bad reactions because they may be more sensitive to the venom.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gobillsinytown said:

 

I think it depends on the person.  Even healthy adults have had bad reactions because they may be more sensitive to the venom.  

Yes, the vitriol and venom around here can be off putting...😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

We found one of these nasty ****ers the other day as well. Glad to know we weren't the only ones dealing with these things. Cuz then i'd really be worried these spiders were singling us out haha.

Just a sign of spring. These creepy crawlers start coming alive, so make sure to lay the law down so they get the message!

You live in Buffalo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You live in Buffalo?

Yep, North Buffalo/Kenmore atm. You wouldn't really expect these things around the city until you remember spiders are everywhere.

The big ones don't really bother me, they're actually pretty cool. Its the one's you can't see that get under my skin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...