Theory on Brady’s retirement

1 minute ago, Augie said:

He’s slowing down. Relying more on his brain, and less on his arm each season.  Late season last year they were a run first team. He’ll wear down as next year goes along, and teams will learn to stack the box. It’s happening, just not overnight. 

We've been talking about his slow and/or impending decline for way too long and yet every year the results that matter most are there. Nothing in his past suggests he'll pack it in after the draft. Wishful thinking.

27 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

To be honest I don’t want him to retire. I want us to take the mantle from him while he’s still playing.

It's going to be there for the taking. My strong opinion is that Brady's arm is nearly finished. I think he SHOULD have retired, but the same ego that drove him to GOAT status is telling him to hang on one year too long. Brady has never had a strong arm, but any drop in velocity will be fatal. He is approaching Peterman arm status.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

We've been talking about his slow and/or impending decline for way too long and yet every year the results that matter most are there. Nothing in his past suggests he'll pack it in after the draft. Wishful thinking.

After the draft is pure crazy talk! I never put any weight into that. I think it will be much more enjoyable to see him fall off the shelf like Marino and and Kelly and, well......everybody who ever played QB in the NFL.  ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

This is way more shoutbox material, but I’d love to get it in writing. Why would Brady immediately announce his retirement after the Suoer Bowl and make it harder for the Pats to trade down and go after a future QB. I’m saying we witnessed Brady’s last season, and he will announce his retirement after the draft. 

Honestly, it's not happening. Or at least bar a major change of mind.

If he'd announced it to the Pats, it would have leaked. Stuff like that leaks. Some secrets people can't keep.

More, he'd have eased up on his football regimen and people would notice, easily.

More, the benefit gained by the Pats if people don't know would be miniscule. The Pats are going to have to be the highest bidder for a spot. That won't change if people know Brady's not coming back.

I wish it would happen but there's no reason to think so.

My theory: as part of Kraft’s punishment for Frisky Gate, he will be forced to keep Brady for the next ten years as his starting QB, whether he likes it or not. 

Hey! It sounds good to me! 

4 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

my brain was like let’s think about the Patriots for a second. And he made a lot of good points and we put two and two together....

You make it sound like you and your brain are 2 different people. I'm not sure what to think of that,  I mean, what he'll think of that, and then what I think of that, but if I'm thinking,  and he's thinking then.... boom head explodes. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Some people don’t understand what theory means.

Indeed. A theory is an explanation of a phenomenon that's thoroughly supported by empirical evidence.

Some people use the term "theory" when they really mean "wild-ass guess."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Brady's like the ***** Duracell battery bunny, or that Whitney Houston song from The Bodyguard. He's just going to go on and on and on and on.

I was thinking the other day about the time we beat them 31-0, how full of hope I was for the season. Then it occurred to me how young I was then and how different my life was. And Brady is STILL playing. 

We've been to Afghanistan, Bin Laden is dead, Saddam is dead, a million episodes of Lost, about 1000 seasons of the Big Bang Theory, my pubes have started turning grey and BRADY IS STILL PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

My theory is that Brady truly believes his TB12 method or whatever it is. What better way to market it then by playing into his mid 40's. Unfortunately, unless his arm falls off suddenly overnight like Peyton's did, I think we have at least two more seasons of enduring Brady. Also, how much does he truly care about not only being the winning-est QB of all time but also owning all the passing records? I don't think he has even hinted about caring about the stats but I would bet he does care. Just doesn't tell anyone. To do so he will have to outlast Drew Brees by one season. Brees could play for at least two more years. So basically, I don't think Brady is close to retiring unless his game falls apart like Peyton's did.

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

I was thinking the other day about the time we beat them 31-0, how full of hope I was for the season. Then it occurred to me how young I was then and how different my life was. And Brady is STILL playing. 

Yep. And we've had the Brady is going to retire soon discussion since like the 2012 season. 

14 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

This is way more shoutbox material, but I’d love to get it in writing. Why would Brady immediately announce his retirement after the Suoer Bowl and make it harder for the Pats to trade down and go after a future QB. I’m saying we witnessed Brady’s last season, and he will announce his retirement after the draft. 

I woke up this morning

and it’s one day closer to

Brady retiring

hope the Bills get better in case he plays four more years.

a crappy Bills playing a crappy Pats won’t make me happy 

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Indeed. A theory is an explanation of a phenomenon that's thoroughly supported by empirical evidence.

Some people use the term "theory" when they really mean "wild-ass guess."

People don’t understand all of your quirks and nuances on the internet?

I think Brady will play this upcoming season...if his production deteriorates significantly due to Gronkowski not being there, the Pats will try to lure Gronkowski out of retirement...if Gronk says “no”, then there is a chance we might see Brady retire after the season...but I definitely believe he will play in 2019.

Edited by JaCrispy

15 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Incorrect for two reasons:

Most don't want their immediate replacement to be that good.  They want to be missed. 

Second because you'd get the entire off season to be celebrated.  

Only reason you could be correct:

Brady immediately becomes an equity partner.  Therefore helping to secure his successor has a monetary value to him. 

15 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Why invent bull#### when you can just listen to Brady openly, honestly, and consistently talk about this.  He is playing several more seasons.

Remember back during deflate-gate and his confiscated cell phone?  Wasn't there a text on there that came out to Peyton Manning, in which he said (in what was thought to be total privacy at the time) he wanted to play like 7 more years (as of that date)????

That is consistent with what he has been saying.

Eventually, he will reach a point where he retires.  He will announce it and we'll all know about it.

Until then, you should assume he is playing.

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I think Brady will play this upcoming season...if his production deteriorates significantly due to Gronkowski not being there, the Pats will try to lure Gronkowski out of retirement...if Gronk says “no”, then there is a chance we might see Brady retire after the season...but I definitely believe he will play in 2019.

I have seen nothing to suggest that he is not serious about trying to play until he is 45.

His body may not stick to that plan, but so far, it has.

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Brady's like the ***** Duracell battery bunny, or that Whitney Houston song from The Bodyguard. He's just going to go on and on and on and on.

We've been to Afghanistan, Bin Laden is dead, Saddam is dead, a million episodes of Lost, about 1000 seasons of the Big Bang Theory, my pubes have started turning grey and BRADY IS STILL PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Energizer bunny*

I have a tendency to disagree just a bit the reason being is because Brady wants to win 1 more championship so that there will be absolutely no doubt as far as championships go that he is the GOAT ! 

Also with another yr & another championship under his belt he will basically own all the records for QB's right ? That will also go to what he is trying to prove that he is the best of the best & given his path into the NFL until he proves (at least what he thinks proves) to all those that could question where he sits in history in regard to QB's he will play so there would be very little to argue against !! 

Until that happens he will keep playing & if i'm wrong then i'll be the first to admit it !! 

16 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Is this a carry over from the day drinking thread from earlier this week ?

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Augie said:

After the draft is pure crazy talk! I never put any weight into that. I think it will be much more enjoyable to see him fall off the shelf like Marino and and Kelly and, well......everybody who ever played QB in the NFL.  ?

Interesting point. Not many greats finished strong.

maybe Elway? 

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

daBillsFan - :*Tokin' on a number and diggin' on the radio* - I remember the line from a song, but can't remember what song it was.  What is that line from?

18 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Not really if he cared about that he wouldn't of had them get rid of Jimmy Garoppolo.

Garoppolo WAS drafted to replace Brady. That is true. However, there was no way in the world the Patriots were going to pay the amount of money it would have taken to keep Jimmy once his rookie deal was up. JG wanted to play and certainly wouldn't accept backup $ to carry the clipboard for 4 or 5 more years. All those silly stories about BB being forced to trade Garoppolo have long been debunked and those that wrote those stories have been made (yet again) to look like fools. Most of the Boston media can't wait for the dynasty to end and continue to chirp and scoff at every move the Pats make.  

14 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Brady tweeted it early the day after March 31st, aka April Fools.

Which was apparently his first ever tweet, and possibly the lamest thing ever done on twitter. He’s outdone the universe once again! (Hey, it’s not always a good thing.) 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Which was apparently his first ever tweet, and possibly the lamest thing ever done on twitter. He’s outdone the universe once again! (Hey, it’s not always a good thing.) 

maybe that will cut down on his 30,000 monthly text messages. And prolong his marriage.