Will the Bills move up for Quinnen Williams?

7 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

I dont know. Neither do they. Ill never understand why people ask unanswerable questions to prompt discussion rather than simply saying 'i think' or 'id like or hope'. 

Point #2 - if you need to brainstorm a click baity title for your post, your post prob sucks as the whole point of click bait is to get a click that wouldn't happen otherwise bc whats insdie is lame.

what's lame is your response. Come on man, lighten up...or better yet, ignore and move on. Geez!

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

what's lame is your response. Come on man, lighten up...or better yet, ignore and move on. Geez!

Lol, oh dopey...

You took time out of your day for this?

At the very least, i hope you feel better now:)

Next time we can discover how sarcasim works!

We'll also be discussing the wonderful world of novel responses!!

We wont however, cover hypocrisy as youve obviously got that down pat...

Edited by gobills1212

10 hours ago, R Y G A R said:

QW is the best player in this years draft imo. Price would be quite steep in moving up to #2. Not a fan of paying hefty prices. IF he slips to 5, I would pull the trigger. 

I can see this , really hate to give up capital to move up but we did for both last year and they are studs. Looks like Beane goes after his guys and doesnt let the draft come to him, which is great if you have real conviction but better not miss.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Pete said:

trading up for Tremaine Edmunds over Darius Leonard, costing us pick 65

Zay over JuJu costing us picks 44 and 91

do not trade up!

Did anyone have Leonard as a first round pick last year?

Lot of mocks had Edmunds going Top 10..

Captain Hindsight has 20/20 Vision

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

Looking at the talent in the top 50 I would much rather trade down than up. Trading down you could get 3 picks in the top 50, that could get you one of the top def lineman, OT, and wide receivers. Trading up you only get Williams.

The Bills have too many needs still to give away 2nd and 3rd round picks. 

Wouldn't mind them trading up later in the draft to snag somebody still available that they are targeting.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Lol, oh dopey...

You took time out of your day for this?

At the very least, i hope you feel better now:)

Next time we can discover how sarcasim works!

We'll also be discussing the wonderful world of novel responses!!

We wont however, cover hypocrisy as youve obviously got that down pat...

Sounds like you want to say your comment was meant to be sarcastic. Ok, sure. Hypocrisy? Don't know how you came up with that one. Nice try.

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

You missed the point...

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I can see this , really hate to give up capital to move up but we did for both last year and they are studs. Looks like Beane goes after his guys and doesnt let the draft come to him, which is great if you have real conviction but better not miss.

I couldn't agree more, especially if moving up would involve picks from 2020.

I already know of 3 wide receivers that are simply splendid and would tear up the field with Allen throwing to them. They will most likely enter the 2020 draft and I'm sure there will be other high quality wrs as well..

Quinnen Williams is a very good player and seems to be a wonderful kid but Josh needs blockers and receivers more than a DT.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Me and Kirby.  And I was all in on Vander Esch.

We also traded picks 75, 149 and 156 to move up 12 spots for Dawkins.

Are Zay, Dawkins, and Tremaine worth  picks 44, 61, 75, 149, and 156?  Let's trade them all back for those picks.  Do you think there are any takers?  Why not?

The point is, you don't trade up and waste high draft picks

Edited by Pete

9 hours ago, Dopey said:

Sounds like you want to say your comment was meant to be sarcastic. Ok, sure. Hypocrisy? Don't know how you came up with that one. Nice try.

I wasn't wrong my man.

When there is more substance and thought in your title than your actual post - your post is pretty weak. Do i need to explain click bait to you? Disguising a topic like there is something within pertaining to the topic you tease (like a quote from a pundit or something to back up said title) only to ask a question bc you want discussion (that litterally has its own thread already where the Bills are being mocked QW) is silly. OP question is answered to his hearts content there. 

As far as hypocrisy is concerned, you litterally told me to be nice and if i didnt like it to move on. 

IE voicing displeasure over content that you dont deem appropriate.  If that isnt the pot calling the kettle black im not sure what is. Rather than throw it in your face I simply alluded to it in my 1st response. Now, i will actually tell you to heed your own advice and move on.

Edited by gobills1212

19 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

I would love to see the Bills get Williams whether he drops to them or they move up. I really don’t think Ed Oliver is going to great. He is a great athlete but that only gets you great stats in college. Once he gets to the NFL I think he will be an average rotational player. Quinnen Williams is a beast bills need to find a way

Yes and no. If QW somehow is still available at say the #5 pick then if Mcbeane think his attitude fits buffalo then yeah. Go get him, he is too talented not to spend some draft capital on. Especially a big man that dominates!!

Would be happily shocked if he was there at 5. I’m thinking the Jets at 3.☹️

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Me and Kirby.  And I was all in on Vander Esch.

We also traded picks 75, 149 and 156 to move up 12 spots for Dawkins.

Are Zay, Dawkins, and Tremaine worth  picks 44, 61, 75, 149, and 156?  Let's trade them all back for those picks.  Do you think there are any takers?  Why not?

The point is, you don't trade up and waste high draft picks

How can you be all in on Van Der Esch but still have wanted to pick Leonard in the first?

Besides, most everyone thought that Beane would need to spend his second first round pick to move up for Allen..

17 hours ago, R Y G A R said:

QW is the best player in this years draft imo. Price would be quite steep in moving up to #2. Not a fan of paying hefty prices. IF he slips to 5, I would pull the trigger. 

I totally agree with you that he’s the best player in this draft. Yeah, if he slips I’d move up for him. I doubt that happens though, as I see him going top 3. That would take a lot of resources to get there. 

I am pretty much always on the "do not trade up" bandwagon. Quinnen is the only guy this year that makes me remotely consider it. Best prospect in the draft and best DT prospect to come around since at least Suh if not Sapp IMO.

On 4/2/2019 at 1:47 PM, Chemical said:

How did that work out?

We got a WR (a position everyone here keeps pointing out doesn’t usually translate to immediate NFL success) who put up 2,000 yards and 15tds in his first two seasons with Kyle Orton, EJ Manuel and Tyrod Taylor throwing to him. 

I'd say it turned out lousy as hell.

• Sammy Watkins Round 1 Pick 4 Buffalo Bills.
  • Mike Evans Round 1 Pick 7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
  • Odell Beckham Jr. ...
  • Brandin Cooks Round 1 Pick 20 New Orleans Saints
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, foreboding said:

I'd say it turned out lousy as hell.

• Sammy Watkins Round 1 Pick 4 Buffalo Bills.
  • Mike Evans Round 1 Pick 7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
  • Odell Beckham Jr. ...
  • Brandin Cooks Round 1 Pick 20 New Orleans Saints

Over 2,000 yards in first 2 seasons with Orton, EJ, and Tyrod throwing to him. 

Still better than any receiver we’ve had since

On 4/2/2019 at 1:40 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

For me Kalil Mack was a cant miss no brainer pick and then Whaley takes Sammy. Probably why he was never hired as a GM after the Bills released him.

Insanely stupid move. 

I was excited about Sammy but trading away next year’s first (trading up in the first PERIOD) should only be reserved for QBs. 

We wouldn’t have gotten Mack if we waited, fwiw. 

• Like (+1) 1

If Williams falls to 5 expect beano to make the call. He checks all the boxes arm length and strength.  If Williams goes before 5 bills should try and trade back but the problem with that is Detroit is also shopping their pick.  

3 hours ago, Chemical said:

Not a bust, but a poor selection given the other players available at that slot and at our original spot.

If that is who Beane wants then nothing is out of the conversation for him he will do his best to get him if he is where he can get him for a decent amount of draft  capital but i don't believe he will mortgage the farm for him if he is out of reach . 

He has extra 3 & 4th rounders so anything is possible !! 

13 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

I wasn't wrong my man.

When there is more substance and thought in your title than your actual post - your post is pretty weak. Do i need to explain click bait to you? Disguising a topic like there is something within pertaining to the topic you tease (like a quote from a pundit or something to back up said title) only to ask a question bc you want discussion (that litterally has its own thread already where the Bills are being mocked QW) is silly. OP question is answered to his hearts content there. 

As far as hypocrisy is concerned, you litterally told me to be nice and if i didnt like it to move on. 

IE voicing displeasure over content that you dont deem appropriate.  If that isnt the pot calling the kettle black im not sure what is. Rather than throw it in your face I simply alluded to it in my 1st response. Now, i will actually tell you to heed your own advice and move on.

Nope, don't need click bait explained to me. Oh, too late. My bad. Still don't agree on the hypocrisy bit, but we'll agree to disagree and move on. Cheers.

13 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Nope, don't need click bait explained to me. Oh, too late. My bad. Still don't agree on the hypocrisy bit, but we'll agree to disagree and move on. Cheers.

Ya?

If thats what youd like...

I just hope next time you decide to 'police' someone 'policing' you see its simply criticizing someone for criticizing.  Its redundant and rather than being noble it just gets lost in the wash and you end up here wondering why you bothered in the 1st place

Edited by gobills1212

41 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Ya?

If thats what youd like...

I just hope next time you decide to 'police' someone 'policing' you see its simply criticizing someone for criticizing.  Its redundant and rather than being noble it just gets lost in the wash and you end up here wondering why you bothered in the 1st place

must suck to be you.

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

must suck to be you.

Not, really. Im actually pretty awesome!

Thats said, respectfully,  you arent very good at this BUT with a handle like Dopey the fruit must naturally be hanging pretty low. 

For future reference, stringing random words along to form a sentence that makes no sense doesnt actually count as a comeback. 

Did someone tell you that and you found it funny?

Make sense or dont bother.

You have an audience for Pete's sake!

Edited by gobills1212

1 hour ago, Troll Toll said:

I just don’t get how drafting either guy helps us beat New England. They will just get held every play and neutralized and the refs won’t call it. We’ve seen this for 20 years. Draft offense.

Exactly. The Jests have drafted some premier defensive talent the past 3-4 years and it hasn’t increased their win total one bit.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Not, really. Im actually pretty awesome!

Thats said, respectfully,  you arent very good at this BUT with a handle like Dopey the fruit must naturally be hanging pretty low. 

For future reference, stringing random words along to form a sentence that makes no sense doesnt actually count as a comeback. 

Did someone tell you that and you found it funny?

Make sense or dont bother.

You have an audience for Pete's sake!

I agreed with your comment to move on, but you wouldn't. If you have to tell someone you are actually aswome... yes, it sucks to be you. 

i'm hoping ed oliver falls in our lap(s).  a lot is made about size but, he's maybe an inch shorter while being a few lbs. heavier than williams.

another thing is that mcbeane's tendency seems to lean towards experience and body of work. ie. seniors.....however, neither are that but williams was a soph. and oliver a jr.

oliver gets the nod with the body of work and even though it's a different conference, there's much more to go on.

i'm sure williams will be good, but i don't think he'll have the pass rush ability any where near oliver. ...and that is what we need, pressure up the middle especially against marcia.

edit: i know i keep flip flopping on this or trade down, i just can't make up my mind. i'm sure they'll do something i never saw coming.

Edited by billsredneck1

On 4/3/2019 at 2:25 AM, Chris from Rochester said:

I would usually agree with this mindset  but based on what they did in free agency if they have someone in mind they feel can be a sure fire thing I'm ok with moving up this year

This is where I'm at too. We brought so many players in already that 10 rookies don't stand a chance of making the team. I'd rather see them make a well reasoned up, obviously if the trade value is good, and get the top guy on their board, than see them go back and stockpile picks that won't see the field. Quinnen is probably the best player in this draft class, and would fill a need for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

I agreed with your comment to move on, but you wouldn't. If you have to tell someone you are actually aswome... yes, it sucks to be you. 

Hahaha

I never said anything about agreeing.

Dude YOU provided some lame back handed insult, then suggested WE agreed WE would move on like you had a mouse in your pocket. 

Now you back peddle to try and make your previous insult make sense and double down on it? Sounds like you bit off a little more than you can chew and are just out of ideas to me...

But sure, just keep trying. Maybe eventually youll land that coveted zinger... afterall, your finger spasm that brought you to this point must have been worth it bc from where im sitting it still seems like you are someone who likes to dish advice but it too proud to follow it. Maybe its simply easier said than done? ;)

Edited by gobills1212
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/2/2019 at 12:16 PM, Rebel101 said:

I would love to see the Bills get Williams whether he drops to them or they move up. I really don’t think Ed Oliver is going to great. He is a great athlete but that only gets you great stats in college. Once he gets to the NFL I think he will be an average rotational player. Quinnen Williams is a beast bills need to find a way

There may not be a more dominant and unstoppable player in the NFL right now than Aaron Donald. He’s the reigning two-time Defensive Player of the Year, has made the Pro Bowl five times and been selected as a first-team All-Pro in each of the last four years.

The Rams’ stud defensive tackle is a rare talent and his laundry list of accolades makes you wonder how in the world he fell to No. 13 in the 2014 NFL draft. His size, or lack thereof, was a concern for many teams picking in the top 10, causing him to fall in the Rams’ lap.

Surely, the NFL won’t make the same mistake with Houston defensive lineman Ed Oliver this year, right? After seeing him put together an incredible pro day performance on Thursday, it’s hard to imagine Oliver falling out of the top 10.

Oliver had Twitter buzzing about his on-field workout at Houston, seemingly cementing his spot as a future top-10 pick, potentially going as early as the first five selections. For a man his size, at 6-foot-2 and 281 pounds, it’s mind-blowing to see him move as quickly and effortlessly as he does.

Almost no one gets compared to Donald from a physical standpoint, but Oliver is as close as it gets. He’s a similar size to Donald, who weighed in at 6-foot-1, 285 pounds at the 2014 combine. So how did their on-field workouts compare? He’s a side-by-side look at Donald’s combine compared to Oliver’s pro day.

40-yard dash 3-cone Short shuttle Vertical Broad Bench
Donald 4.68s 7.11s 4.39s 32″ 116″ 35 reps
Oliver 4.73s 7.15s 4.22s 36″ 120″ 32 reps

Ed Oliver played nose tackle in a 3-4 with almost no help from the other linemen. He was triple teamed on many plays. In McD's 4-3, his speed will be a huge asset as a 3-tech.

That said, I dont disagree that we should consider moving up if we get a chance at Q. Williams. He is a beast and will also fit us beautifully. Just wanted to say that if Q. Williams is Plan 1, Oliver is not a bad Plan 1A :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

There is certainly a viable scenario where QW makes it to the 4th spot. Given that Arizona takes Murray, if SF and the Jest take Bosa and Allen then Oakland is next. I can't see them passing on QW given Gruden's gaffe with the whole Mack situation but the Raiduhs gonna Raiduh so maybe they can be coaxed into trading out of 4. Are you then willing to pay the price to get to that spot? That is the question that the Bills front office has to ask themselves. Draft day can't get here fast enough. ?:beer:

20 hours ago, Chemical said:

For sure. But not a good move by Whaley, I think that is pretty clear. He cannot stay on a team now either, somethings missing and TBH I am surprised.

8 minutes ago, foreboding said:

For sure. But not a good move by Whaley, I think that is pretty clear. He cannot stay on a team now either, somethings missing and TBH I am surprised.

Hes on the chiefs. He had the catch that would have sent them to the super bowl if Dee Ford doesn’t go Offside