2019 NFL Combine updates

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Cute.

How many did he have the previous year?

Without looking...

And you still missed the point: he averaged 3 receptions per game. Why?

I get that some of you are crushing HARD, but honestly, it's okay to ask why he didn't produce.

I am right there with you being wary of his low production.  He was the WR2 on his team behind AJ Brown who out-produced him considerably.  For that matter so did Demarcus Lodge on his own team.

AJ Brown averaged 7 receptions per game in comparison to Metcalf’s 3 and Lodge averaged 4 per game.

Metcalf is clearly a tremendous athlete with incredible size and strength, but why was he not more productive?

I don't see Metcalf lasting until 9.  Even if he does, I'm not sure Bills take him.  As of right now, the Bills have at least 4 glaring holes all of them starting spots - Center, Right Guard, Right Tackle, and DT to replace Kyle.  I'm guessing Long is starting Left Guard.  I'm expecting Bills to be active in free agency but they also need some immediate starters via the draft.  Probably three starters.

1 hour ago, Troll Toll said:

There’s a good number of receivers I like for the Bills:

1. AJ Brown

2. DK Metcalf 

3. Hakeem Butler

4. Parris Campbell

5. Andy Isabella

I like all these guys too, but I would also add N'keal Harry in there near top.  I am also tempted to move down still to get extra picks given the depth at WR, but loving the idea of Metcalf at #9 still.

1. D.K. Metcalf

2. N'Keal Harry 

3. AJ Brown

4. Hakeem Butler

5. Parris Campbell

6. Andy Isabella

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Me2 the prb is he won't be there the latest he goes is in the 3rd somewhere.

I think his size and position (slot) will push him past the 3rd, but who really knows anything about what teams are thinking?

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Isabella ran a 4.31?

He’s only 186 lbs... that’s a good time but he’s small. Campbell ran the same and he’s 200+. Just some context, they are both good prospects . Then there is the freak who ran nearly the same and he’s almost 40 lbs heavier. Craziness 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s only 186 lbs... that’s a good time but he’s small. Campbell ran the same and he’s 200+. Just some context, they are both good prospects . Then there is the freak who ran nearly the same and he’s almost 40 lbs heavier. Craziness 

Yeah hes small. My confusion came from the laser issue. I think he was listed as a 4.56 live. Now its down to a 4.27

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Metcalf is the one who compares to Megatron and is drawing those comparisons.

Butler is more lumbering with his long stride and drops too many passes.  I’m worried a bit about Butler, more i read on him the more he sounds like James Hardy did coming out of college.  

Ill still I’ll be stoked if we got him in 2nd, but just some deja vu when I read about it him.

Hardy wishes he was that good.

I wouldn't say lumbering, hes along strider but is fast. Kind of like Allen who doesnt look like hes running fast but the next thing you know he sails right by.

I think the Bills have a spot now at #9 to trade with Oakland for #24 & #27.

Metcalf great, got it.... dude has a neck injury. Never really show cased his full potential cause he wasn’t on the field. A career 67 catches or something like that and he’s worth the#9 pick? I’m not buying it. He hasn’t proved to be equal Julio Jones.

Trade back, grab 24 Fant, 27 Risner and 40 Deebo Samuels.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hardy wishes he was that good.

I wouldn't say lumbering, hes along strider but is fast. Kind of like Allen who doesnt look like hes running fast but the next thing you know he sails right by.

I wasn't making a comparison, I have said many times I like Butler.  Just said the notes on him sound similar, so I wanted to see how he did at the combine to make sure some of those issues weren't as prevalent.  He is intriguing, have nothing against him.  One comment got taken a bit out of context here in this thread, but I am on the record of being a fan of Butler in the 2nd

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You just have to insert Parris into every post, dont you!?

• Haha (+1) 1

I am still in trade down territory

There are going to be a number of later round guys that could really help us and I want more at bats.......

Reisner

Bradbury

Samuel

Fant

Maybe trade 9 for the Raider's first 2 first round picks.....and maybe even trade one of those pics to go down a few spots and pick up an additional 2nd?

We will still need to identify players we are willing to take at 9 in case nobody wants to play ball on trades though

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

FWIW

most on that route are serious route tacticians. Short area quickness is very important for creating seperation (crisp routes as well.).

not to say this is specifically an indictment on Metcalf, but speed (40 time) is not as valuable as quickness (shuttles)

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, NFLBighits said:

He will be gone before are pick! 

The draft is a weird event.  Maybe maybe not, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went before the Bills pick.

He's the most talented player in this draft. 

Edited by Chicken Boo

8 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

The draft is a weird event.  Maybe maybe not, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went before the Bills pick.

That don't mean he's the best football player in this draft. Hell, it don't even mean he's the best at his position in this draft

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Don't forget Noah Fant either as he ran a faster time then Devonte Adams Packers wideout. Would love a elite defensive or offensive tackle..or trade down and grab best player available and get more picks to use to manuver in draft.

3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Him and Wrong Josh sound like they'll be best buds! 2 peas in a pod

Nooo Nick is full blown MAGA. Not to be political ...because i don’t follow it much . But this is a big part of nick’s personality. And Wrong Josh is big time anti-Trump

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nooo Nick is full blown MAGA. Not to be political ...because i don’t follow it much . But this is a big part of nick’s personality. And Wrong Josh is big time anti-Trump

Oh...so two arrogant brats on the opposite side of the aisle?? Maybe they should be playing for the Redskins then? Lol

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I think the Bills have a spot now at #9 to trade with Oakland for #24 & #27.

Metcalf great, got it.... dude has a neck injury. Never really show cased his full potential cause he wasn’t on the field. A career 67 catches or something like that and he’s worth the#9 pick? I’m not buying it. He hasn’t proved to be equal Julio Jones.

Trade back, grab 24 Fant, 27 Risner and 40 Deebo Samuels.

Why are the raiders trading up to 9 again? They have more holes to fill then the Bills do..

Edit- you gone off Hock now?

Edited by Aussie Joe

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Why are the raiders trading up to 9 again? They have more holes to fill then the Bills do..

Got Metcalf.... they take Haskins at #4 and grab Metcalf at #9. Trade Carr to Miami for #12 pick a select Jawaan Taylor 

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

That don't mean he's the best football player in this draft. Hell, it don't even mean he's the best at his position in this draft

He wasn’t even in the top 2 of his college team this year in terms of production.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

My respect for Rosen went up 100x.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

I'm late to the party, but really disappointed in the bench reps from Cody Ford(19) and Juwuan Taylor(24). Williams put up 23 and Dillard put up 24.

A G Ford's size should be throwing up 28 and a tackle Taylor's size should be throwing up 27.

Dillard and Williams did well for themselves, but I don't think any of the offensive lineman are particularly appealing in the first. We'll get better value in the second.

Edited by BillsSB2020
  • Like (+1) 1