TV Shows You Want Rebooted

13 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Babylon 5

Stargate

Deadwood

Rome

I agree with Deadwood and Rome.   They both ended way too soon.   It was rumored that they would have a Deadwood movie but I guess it never materialized.   That first year of Rome was as good as anything.  I thought they rushed through too much history the second year but since they had decided to end it I guess that is the way it had to be.

More Seinfeld's would be good.   

Edited by Greybeard

17 hours ago, dpberr said:

Not a reboot, but a new chapter in "The Shield" since many of the great characters lived to see another day.  

A rare science fiction or geopolitical miniseries.  Something like the Day After, By Dawn's Early Light, V, Battlestar Galactica, The Stand.  

V, Battlestar and The Stand would be great.

I'd add Stargate to that as well.

17 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Not really a reboot, but bring back Revolution, even for just a limited run, since it ended on a cliff hanger. 

The major networks have a difficult time with the serialized high concept shows like Revolution, the Event, Jericho.  NBC especially.  Revolution and the Event started out strong and then faded.  

I was really into Revolution.  Thought Billy Burke was outstanding in it and I could watch Elizabeth Mitchell every day.  

12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Firefly.  

Obviously... good call.

13 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Babylon 5

Stargate

Deadwood

Rome

Another good Sci Fi series.  Make it the next gen... follow the sons of Vir and Delenn/Sheridan and the re-emergence of the Old Races and introduce new races.

41 minutes ago, bdutton said:

V, Battlestar and The Stand would be great.

I'd add Stargate to that as well.

For me it would have to be a remake of the 1970's Battlestar Galactica which most likely has no chance of being remade.  I liked the idea of the Cylons being their own entity and having a beef with humanity for interfering with their business.  None of this already been done 100 times of machines rising up against their human creators.  Also, Baltar worked best as a somewhat over the top villain and even the Shakespearean John Colicos realized that and gave the audience what they wanted.  Also, relative to Baltar I don't think that his motives were done right as to why he betrayed the humans.  I would like to see a new approach based on a 1970's episode where when he talks about meeting the Cylons' Imperious Leader he is offered immortality.  

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

I agree with Deadwood and Rome.   They both ended way too soon.   It was rumored that they would have a Deadwood movie but I guess it never materialized.   That first year of Rome was as good as anything.  I thought they rushed through too much history the second year but since they had decided to end it I guess that is the way it had to be.

More Seinfeld's would be good.   

‘Deadwood’ Movie Starts Shooting With 12 Returning Cast Members & One New

HBO Films’ long-in-the-works Deadwood movie has begun production 12 years after the end of the premium network’s Emmy-winning Western series from David Milch. Most of that original cast is returning for the film, which takes place 10 years after the events of the series that ran three seasons from 2004-2006.

https://deadline.com/2018/11/deadwood-movie-begins-production-hbo-david-milch-1202496154/

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zaso Art Designs said:

Home Improvement, Quantum Leap, King of the Queens

Tim Allen and Richard Karn (Al) were up for it and talking about it a few years ago. With ABC dropping Allen's current show 'last man standing' I dont see it happening, but it was discussed And they were in favour of it. Patricia Richardson and Jonathan Taylor Thomas have had parts on his 'Last man standing' so I'm sure they would also be up for it. The youngest kid probably needs the money too.

Mentioning Quantum Leap just makes me think about the episode of Its Always Sunny 'The Gang Turns Black' where he is working in the retirement home and sings a song to Ziggy about taking him back to the 80s......could be a good premise for a reboot of the show?

Edited by apuszczalowski

Mr Show with Bob and David

Oz

Futurama

Beavis and Butthead

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Did they ever get out from ‘Under The Dome’?

That was the worst, and most poorly done adaptation of any Stephen King book. 

Edited by May Day 10

18 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Billie Jo, Bobbi Jo, or Betty Jo?  

Yes

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Did they ever get out from ‘Under The Dome’?

Yes

19 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Going off of @dpberr's thread about movie sequels/reboots, there have been a lot of TV shows that have been brought back recently. What shows would you like to see be revived, or completely rebooted?

Coach

22 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Tim Allen and Richard Karn (Al) were up for it and talking about it a few years ago. With ABC dropping Allen's current show 'last man standing' I dont see it happening, but it was discussed And they were in favour of it. Patricia Richardson and Jonathan Taylor Thomas have had parts on his 'Last man standing' so I'm sure they would also be up for it. The youngest kid probably needs the money too.

Mentioning Quantum Leap just makes me think about the episode of Its Always Sunny 'The Gang Turns Black' where he is working in the retirement home and sings a song to Ziggy about taking him back to the 80s......could be a good premise for a reboot of the show?

Yeah that would be awesome for those shows to reboot but they probably won't. Maybe a Quantum Leap Movie? 

40 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

There was talk of it a few years ago, but never happened sadly. 

Was psyched when I heard about it, bummed when it got cancelled before it ever aired. Jerry's dead now, wouldn't be the same without him.

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I don’t know.  The actors that made that soar are too ingrained in my memory to consider anyone else in the roles.  Fillion has been quoted as saying if he ever hit a gold mine, he would like to revive the series.  This to me is definitely a ‘revisit’ as opposed to a reboot.

A very enjoyable series.  I always liked JMS envisioned the five year story arc, and kept to it.  Sadly, it would have to be a reboot, too damn many actors from the original are now gone.

I think they could do Firefly as more of an anthology show so allowing all surviving members remain but not necessarily in every episode making it more affordable and give even more variety to episodes.

I really liked Babylon 5 and like the idea of it continuing and of course the new series would be called Babylon 6 on a new station.

32 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I think they could do Firefly as more of an anthology show so allowing all surviving members remain but not necessarily in every episode making it more affordable and give even more variety to episodes.

I really liked Babylon 5 and like the idea of it continuing and of course the new series would be called Babylon 6 on a new station.

More plausible scenario would be Babylon 9 and they need to find out what happened to 5,6,7,8.

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Mr Show with Bob and David

Oz

Futurama

Beavis and Butthead

That was the worst, and most poorly done adaptation of any Stephen King book. 

Mr Show was rebooted for one season on Netflix, the had to drop the 'Mr Show' form the title and just called it ' With Bob and Dave'....

Dunder Mifflin opens a new branch, in Pawnee, Indiana. 

From what I've read, about half the cast of each show would be willing to come back. Parks and Rec was originally supposed to be a spinoff of The Office. We'd just have to figure out if Rashida Jones is Ann Perkins or Karen Filippelli. 

28 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Mr Show was rebooted for one season on Netflix, the had to drop the 'Mr Show' form the title and just called it ' With Bob and Dave'....

Yeah, I saw those.  They were planning on more, but they have so much going on.  Those guys are brilliant.  I always want more.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud said:

Rockford Files

Although J Garner set a pretty high bar for that show.

I have an enormous music collection which I shuffle constantly- and the Rockford files theme played.  I was at work and grabbed 3 if my favorite coworkers who are in their 40s and 50s and played name that tune- playing Rockford theme- they got it together and we discussed memories brought back.  I said there ain’t no snowflake that would of guessed that answer

Edited by Pete

23 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

Just stumbled on something I didn't know.. the actress who played Tony's mom Livia (Nancy Marchand) was born and raised in Buffalo

She also played the newspaper owner where Lou Grant went to work after the MTM show ended.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Zaso Art Designs said:

Home Improvement, Quantum Leap, King of the Queens

Quantum Leap used to be my favorite for a while. 

It introduced me to Scott Bakula and from there is Man of la Mancha which is my favorite play

Partly it is because I worked production of it in high school.

When travelling for work I found a Man of la Mancha tape in service station and played that tape every time I travelled.

On 1/8/2019 at 5:24 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

A re-make of Northern Exposure might be cool if done right.

I was going to suggest the same; it would have to be done on the same high level, but wouldn't necessarily need all the same actors/characters.  They could probably get a few of them though.

It's one of my favorite TV shows ever, and I'd genuinely like to visit that world again.

Check this out!

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1010941-northern-exposure-revival

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, bdutton said:

More plausible scenario would be Babylon 9 and they need to find out what happened to 5,6,7,8.

They already explained what ultimately happens to Babylon 5 in the final (and not so good) season

Doubt there would be a Babylon 6-9 station because the only reason there were 5 Babylon stations were the first 4 were destroyed or just plain vanished before completion

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I like westerns. I'd like to see Gunsmoke and Have Gun, Will Travel updated.

I never cared for the television westerns when I was young, but listening to the radio versions of ‘Gunsmoke’ and ‘Have Gun...’ has been enjoyable in my old age.  ‘Have Gun...’ is unique in that the television version actually came first.  Its popularity gave rise to the radio program, where John Dehner portrayed Paladin.  Many old radio programs are masterful in how tight the stories are, due to the fact there’s no pictures to occupy the listener’s attention.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1