Second half: Week 14 Jets at Bills, 1pm CBS

Had the ball on the turn over deep and three poor plays and settle for a FG.  Try a long FG with a hurt kicker giving NY a short field.  Kicking to Roberts (5 for 176) when he burned you once.  The litany of bone head coaching decisions today by McD is frustrating. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MPT said:

Darnold had a clean pocket all game. Our defense did not show up today. Allen might have had 3 snaps with a clean pocket and a ton of drops. Our offensive line and receivers did not show up all year.

I'm not blaming Allen at all. Darnold was just better when it counted today. Of course when you have time to smoke a cigar in the pocket of course it's gonna be easier. I blame this loss entirely on the coaching staff.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, CaliBills said:

lol some of you are so soft and get bent out of shape for stuff you can't control.

Go cry on your wife's shoulder or mom's which ever makes your hurt feelings feel better..

Just a game. 

Wtf? Get out of here with your what, 5 posts? It’s a Bills message board and I’m pissed they lost. Welcome to Twobillsdrive bud...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

No, but he made the plays when he had to and didnt throw an easy pick.........

He has thrown about a dozen easy picks this season- and he probably would have today in Allen’s position.  Allen had to force plays at the end

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

We were already 4-8.  Play the youth.  See what you have and try to spark chemistry.  Foster and Allen look like they are getting some chemistry, why ruin that?

oh i agree with you allen should play. but barkley probbly wins that game.

Oh well, hope the better players get healthy. OK that came out wrong - hope all our injured players get better.

I thought the Jets were hungrier after they got spanked. Darnold is a more polished passer than Josh, but that was not unexpected with the coaching he had in college. I still like our kid's ceiling, but he needs to be able to feel like he can stand in the pocket without getting crushed.

Special Teams was abysmal, and our defense seems to fold more often than not when the pressure is on.

The Bills were playing with their 3rd and 4th string players and made a game of it without a single power runner left on the roster. Changes are a'coming this offseason. Expect an infusion of talent - some jettisoning of coaching staff. 

This should be a fun rivalry to watch develop over the years.

Did Bowles save his job today?

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Another Fan said:

Worst loss of the year.  I mean we were actually favorites for a reason 

I hate it, but I can live with it. ST let them back in it. Hard to beat a team you already embarrassed once. I just want to see continued growth. Edmunds needs to live and learn. Josh needs guys who can block and catch. 

This team is learning how to lose. This coaching staff can’t Finnish games off. We had the lead two weeks in a row late and can’t make stops. Our defense is supposed to be a strength. You just let a team with 6 straight losses come back from 2 scores down in Buffalo. I don’t care what we are calling this year. These last 2 losses are ***** and they don’t help anything in a rebuild. The team sucks and the defense crumbles in big spots. Zero pressure and just waiting lose

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Need a line that can block to minimise the chaos.

yep.  But that pass to Jones was AWFUL.   He needs to learn how to play in the chaos, because teams will bring the rush until he can.  throw it away if you have to, not into the field like he did in the 1st half for an INT.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This team is learning how to lose. This coaching staff can’t Finnish games off. We had the lead two weeks in a row late and can’t make stops. Our defense is supposed to be a strength. You just let a team with 6 straight losses come back from 2 scores down in Buffalo. I don’t care what we are calling this year. These last 2 losses are ***** and they don’t help anything in a rebuild. The team sucks and the defense crumbles in big spots. Zero pressure and just waiting lose

I'm souring on Frazier.   It's clear this front 4 can't bring pressure.  They are showing their age.  At least we can get a good pass rusher in the draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Well, getting beat and folks will say McDermott is stillthw greatest thing.  Process working getting beat at home.  Go ahead defend losing to the Jets at home a team we blew out.  You can do it guys without grunting in simple caveman language.  You guys run your mouths about Saint Sean run it again I dare you.  

Wow!  I'm not even that self righteous.

What do you expect from this team?  Given the talent on the field, this team still over-performs.  This squad has serious problems.  This roster was atrociously constructed years ago as was our cap situation.  There are some positives, but there are still major needs.  I'm not going to say McD is blameless, but rolling coaches every two years is stupid.  This roster was not going to be totally overhauled in two years.  With cap space and a 3rd draft, I'm looking at next year as a more realistic gauge of what we'll expect.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not as bad as last week but this loss still hurts.

we should have put them away in the first half but lightened up and allowed them back in to the game .

They were up by a field goal at the half, no?

Hardly put away. The ST lost this game. period.

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Oh well, hope the better players get healthy. OK that came out wrong - hope all our injured players get better.

I thought the Jets were hungrier after they got spanked. Darnold is a more polished passer than Josh, but that was not unexpected with the coaching he had in college. I still like our kid's ceiling, but he needs to be able to feel like he can stand in the pocket without getting crushed.

Special Teams was abysmal, and our defense seems to fold more often than not when the pressure is on.

The Bills were playing with their 3rd and 4th string players and made a game of it. Changes are a'coming this offseason. Expect an infusion of talent - some jettisoning of coaching staff. 

This should be a fun rivalry to watch develop over the years.

Did Bowles save his job today?

i like your attitude.... But odds are the jets and bills will stink for years to come---unless they prove otherwise.Its always next yr for these dumb franchises