I EXPECT a BIG GAME from Josh vs. the Dolphins

PUNT750

We'll be playing in 80 degree weather allowing Josh and McCoy to heat up and get rolling.  NO conservative game plan - please!   

The BOTTOM FIVE in NFL Offense (total yards) as of this Sunday are:

1. Cards

2. Bills

3. Titans

4. Jets

5. DOLPHINS

The TOP FIVE in NFL Defense (total yards) as of this Sunday are:

1. Ravens

2. Bills

3. Vikings

4. Chargers

5. Cowboys

*** DOLPHINS ARE AT # 29

This is a gimme game for Buffalo.  Let Josh turn it loose!

56 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

We'll be playing in 80 degree weather allowing Josh and McCoy to heat up and get rolling.  NO conservative game plan - please!   

1. Cards

2. Bills

3. Titans

4. Jets

5. DOLPHINS

1. Ravens

2. Bills

3. Vikings

4. Chargers

5. Cowboys

*** DOLPHINS ARE AT # 29

Dolphins aren't in tank mode like they were in the two games against the Bills at the end of last season.

I'm interested to see if Allen will play with his back to the defense as much as last week now that the Dolphins have seen it.

Worked well last week against a team that's very comfortable with their CB play and thus more likely to not get creative with regard to blitzes.

I know I'd expect a few backside blitzes in the gameplan to try to flatten Allen from behind with some clean shots and force turnovers.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I was joking.  Poorly executed?  You see...we don’t seem to throw the ball all that much ?

I see what you did there! I'm a little slow tonight. We haven't thrown much this decade. ?

11 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I was joking.  Poorly executed?  You see...we don’t seem to throw the ball all that much ?

You don't win in the NFL with a RUNNING QB!  Throw the ball - let's see what Josh has!

2 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I like that evidence #1 for your expectation of a big game is our awful offensive production. Game changer. 

The evidence was that Miami is just as BAD!.  And - -we have 28 sacks and the Dolphins have just 17!  Josh will have a field day!

1 minute ago, PUNT750 said:

The evidence was that Miami is just as BAD!.  And - -we have 28 sacks and the Dolphins have just 17!  Josh will have a field day!

Hell I'll be over the moon if so. I was very happy with Allen last week and can't wait to see him start stacking performances. But "just as bad" is fantastically amusing as justification for a predicted offensive field day. 

9 hours ago, Needle said:

Dolphins have a strong secondary this year. Its not going to be easy in their house.

Needle, respectfully the Miami Dolphins are ranked 21st against the pass. The Bills are #1.

Bills overall defense, #2, Dolphins overall defense,  Dolphins 29.  We have the opportunity to run today, but also scare their secondary with a couple of deep passes.  They will keep on working the play action, and short to immediate passes.

Bills win in their house, 28-17.  Besides they won’t have home field as I’ve gone to a lot of games there living in FL, and there will be just as many Bills fans as Fish.  It’s nothing like the New Era experience.

13 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

1. Cards

2. Bills

3. Titans

4. Jets

5. DOLPHINS

1. Ravens

2. Bills

3. Vikings

4. Chargers

5. Cowboys

*** DOLPHINS ARE AT # 29

...great...kiss of death..........

14 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

1. Cards

2. Bills

3. Titans

4. Jets

5. DOLPHINS

1. Ravens

2. Bills

3. Vikings

4. Chargers

5. Cowboys

*** DOLPHINS ARE AT # 29

You make a strong argument.  Do you think the Dolphins will put a "spy" on Allen throughout the game?

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Allen has thrown plenty. Allen's problem is he always goes for the big play, he's never content with checking it down. Elite NFL QBs check down to their RBs 8x a game. Allen never does it. 

8 times a game? And you came up with that on your own? What a magical number. Just teasing ya. Every qb is different, same goes with offenses. Most elite qb's can't run like Allen. And again, he is a rookie. He will get it soon enough.  The game is slowing down for him, but not quite slow enough yet. He played exactly like this his last season at Wyoming because he didn't have receivers that could get seperation or catch the ball. He can sling it with the best of them, but he is trying to protect the ball and give his team a chance to win. When he really feels it is his team and the coaches give him the green light, he will make amazing throws.

But expect the interception ratio to go up with the TD ratio. With his arm strength, he will get big numbers. He is still putting it all together. Have a little patience, I think Allen and the team will grow together. It is going to be fun to watch. He doesn't at this point have even one receiver he can truly trust yet. That will change.  Every good QB has that go to guy. Remember, he is a rookie that keeps progressing every game for the most part. Next year they may start out slow because they are still meshing, but it will happen. They will be in the playoffs next year if Allen is healthy . And I am not saying he will finish this year without any bad games, but he will keep improving. I look for them to use the down and out more and expoit his arm strength to set up bigger plays.

I expected something like a 34 - 14 Bills victory today.  

Josh Allen has an pass accuracy issue.  People can say how much heart Josh Allen has.  People can also say how strong Josh Allen's passes are.

But you can't deny that Josh Allen has an pass accuracy issue.

And over the course of a full NFL season, QBs who have pass accuracy issues don't go far.

Sorry!

:thumbdown: