Bills in White on White Throwbacks Again in Miami

26CornerBlitz

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

2018_BUF_E.PNG 2018_MIA_G.png

Sunday, December 2, 2018 - 1:00PM

at Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL

To me standing buffalo isn’t very tough, daunting or aggressive...  guess he was in the pool? 

White on white generally has practical advantages too in Florida, even later in the year. I was at a game in Jax where they had to sub in OLine so nobody passed out. Even Marcus Stroud, fresh from Jax said it was unbearable.  

It's not the uniform but the standing Buffalo that gets me stoked. That's just personal to me because that's what they had when I lived in Buffalo and went to games. I'm also more of a traditionalist and prefer the classic looks. The standing Buffalo, the lightning bolt for the Chargers, the old Oilers' oil rig, the Raider's insignia and the old Pats helmets are simply the best. It pisses me off that the Titans didn't allow Houston to keep the Oilers name like the NFL did for the Browns. But that's just me.

2 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

What happened to throw backs once a year? Not a fan of throwbacks in general. Hate the standing Buffalo. Liked the all red rush uni's but again, just once a year.

Yep.........the grazer was thrown "AWAY" for a reason.

Keep catering to that 60 and over crowd though, Bills.:doh:   

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

am I the only one that misses a game or 2 with the throwback blue on whites?

I really like the current white on white and the throwback whites..... but they've really played it out lately IMO.

I think the whites are just easier to match color wise. Much less blue makes the color pop less. A blue throwback would look odd in this itteration. It would however make for a nice 90s version fwiw

17 hours ago, row_33 said:

best helmet at the very least

I've always thought the standing bison was so ugly and dull...

There's something to be said for simplicity, but a freaking bison just standing there, derping around like the easy targets they were, always bugged me. 

It just makes me think of a big, dumb target that just meandered around while getting driven to near extinction due to how easy they were to massacre in droves. And with the way our team tends to play, it feels way too fitting.

Could just as easily be a hanging sloth, tipped cow, a roasted pig, a beached whale, a meandering camel, a falling goat... I mean, any other exposed, soon-to-be-toast mammal lol

Edited by BigDingus

17 hours ago, The Red King said:

Didn't the Bills lose @ NE during a Week 1 MNF game the season after Brady got hurt?  If I recall, both teams were in throwbacks, Pats in red, Bills in white?  I think?

Correct but that was also the AFL tribute year and I was going off since they introduced it as an official alternate in 2012. Otherwise we could also include the Bills throwback blues they wore from 2005-2010 which they also had pretty good success in.

AND that was the freakin McKelvin fumble game which I have actively tried to burn out of my mind lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

Smart move ! Lived in Fla. for 20 + yrs given the heat & if the sun is shining through the top of the stadium that could be a plus for the Bills in keeping them a little cooler , i heard Tasker say that the heat wouldn't bother them at all but that's bull if your not use to it !!

Sure it's great during warms ups & practice but when they are in the 4th quarter the Fins are more use to being in that just like it will be when the Fins play at the Ralph for the last game of the regular season .

For any game the Bills play at home late in the season after the Snowvertime game last year they should where the red uni's just incase snow over takes western NY they are the perfect uni's for a blizzard as proved last year when the Bills could at least see their players in that game !! 

I hope the red uni's are used this year it's a great look !! Go Bills !! 

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

Correct but that was also the AFL tribute year and I was going off since they introduced it as an official alternate in 2012. Otherwise we could also include the Bills throwback blues they wore from 2005-2010 which they also had pretty good success in.

AND that was the freakin McKelvin fumble game which I have actively tried to burn out of my mind lol

Makes sense.  And yeah, been trying to purge that game from my mind for awhile now, to no avail. ?

5 hours ago, BigDingus said:

There's something to be said for simplicity, but a freaking bison just standing there, derping around like the easy targets they were, always bugged me. 

It just makes me think of a big, dumb target that just meandered around while getting driven to near extinction due to how easy they were to massacre in droves. And with the way our team tends to play, it feels way too fitting.

Could just as easily be a hanging sloth, tipped cow, a roasted pig, a beached whale, a meandering camel, a falling goat... I mean, any other exposed, soon-to-be-toast mammal lol

Good points, were you around when they wore this helmet?

5 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I've always felt this way which is why I don't like our throwbacks.  

Throwbacks I would love would be the 90's unis but we can't do them because we can't change helmet colors.

On 11/28/2018 at 1:44 PM, row_33 said:

best helmet at the very least

I agree, of course. But as @corta765 says, I preferred the ‘65 Blue jerseys. I was raised on that look!

Best throwback uni league wide!

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The '63 team did nothing of note to be honored with a throwback.

They played in the 1st ever AFL Playoff game that year, losing at home to the Pats*. (They tied them for best record in the East on the final game of the Reg. Season. Jack Kemp said “We got beat and booed at home. I told Lou (Saban) ‘next year, we’re gonna win and we’ll be carried off the field!’

We all know what happened the following year.

10 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I agree, of course. But as @corta765 says, I preferred the ‘65 Blue jerseys. I was raised on that look!

Best throwback uni league wide!

They played in the 1st ever AFL Playoff game that year, losing at home to the Pats*. (They tied them for best record in the East on the final game of the Reg. Season. Jack Kemp said “We got beat and booed at home. I told Lou (Saban) ‘next year, we’re gonna win and we’ll be carried off the field!’

We all know what happened the following year.

The avoided the beat down that the Patriots got from Sid Gillman's Chargers until they were ready in '64 and '65. 

• Like (+1) 1