Bills in White on White Throwbacks Again in Miami

26CornerBlitz

13 minutes ago, youngjebrey said:

Can someone get a record when the bills wear these? I feel like they’ve been on a heater when they wear the standing bull. 

They won in week 17 last season in Miami with the same combo and also last week against the Jags of course. 

Forgot to mention that they beat the Raiders last season in week 8 in the White on White Throwbacks.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, youngjebrey said:

Can someone get a record when the bills wear these? I feel like they’ve been on a heater when they wear the standing bull. 

Since 2012 the Bills have been wearing the white away throwbacks. 2011 they had their new redesign and just wore that, before that between 2005-2010 they wore the blue throwbacks which I actually prefer over these. Here is their record and your correct they typically play well in those:

2018: Week 11 W Jags (home)

2017:  Week 8 W Oakland (home)

Week 17 W Miami (away)

2016: Week 8 L New England (home)

2015: Week 1 W Indy (home)

2014: Week 2 W Miami (home)

2013: Week 2 W Carolina (home)

2012: Week 14 L St Louis (home)

Overall: 6-2

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love it that both teams are wearing throwbacks for this game. It's much more fun, and I like the diamond end zone scheme Miami has for these games.

The Dolphins need to switch back to these uni's. The Dolphin with the Miami(Ohio) helmet is way better than that Aqua-Fresh toothpaste logo they have now.

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Best throwback uni in sports.  At least since the Sabres ditched their throwbacks from a few years ago with the stitched numbers on the back.

best helmet at the very least

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Pretty easy decision I suppose.  Stick with the combo that's winning.  And the equipment staff won't have to peel the decals off and replace them back with the modern Logo decals.  

This is all determined way in advance bc teams could only wear them 2x. There was an adjustment to the rule last yr to 3 i think OR 2x and ALT... if that makes sense. It was implemented as a way to appease the teams who hated their color rush. Reg home and away can prob be adjusted the week of, but specialty ones are declared at the get. That also allows for these throwback matchups

Edited by gobills1212

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

am I the only one that misses a game or 2 with the throwback blue on whites?

I really like the current white on white and the throwback whites..... but they've really played it out lately IMO.

I actually like the blues better idk why probably just preferance but I wish they wore the blues and whites once apiece

3 hours ago, Mark80 said:

I'm predicting Color Rush uni's for the Lions game.  Last home game before Xmas.   Been noticing other teams wearing their the last few weeks.

....no more damn Skittles unis.....hard on the eyes......brings back memories of "Butch From The Eastside" and his crayolas..................

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, corta765 said:

Since 2012 the Bills have been wearing the white away throwbacks. 2011 they had their new redesign and just wore that, before that between 2005-2010 they wore the blue throwbacks which I actually prefer over these. Here is their record and your correct they typically play well in those:

2018: Week 11 W Jags (home)

2017:  Week 8 W Oakland (home)

Week 17 W Miami (away)

2016: Week 8 L New England (home)

2015: Week 1 W Indy (home)

2014: Week 2 W Miami (home)

2013: Week 2 W Carolina (home)

2012: Week 14 L St Louis (home)

Overall: 6-2

Didn't the Bills lose @ NE during a Week 1 MNF game the season after Brady got hurt?  If I recall, both teams were in throwbacks, Pats in red, Bills in white?  I think?

Edited by The Red King