Is this a playoff team with Tyrod?

Mikie2times

7 hours ago, The Red King said:

Look at Buffalo's current offense.  Look at Cleveland's.  Look how "well" Tyrod did in Cleveland this season.  Tell me why in the name of all that's good and holy do you think Tyrod would have done better here, with the Bills, then he did in Cleveland.

Or, to be more concise...no.  Hell no.  Nope.  Non, nix, nay, nun-uh...

TT would of given us a chance in all of the Peterman debacles with many fewer turnovers.  The Colts and Texans could have been wins.  5-5 record at this point with TT would have given us a fair chance for a playoff birth. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

TT would of given us a chance in all of the Peterman debacles with many fewer turnovers.  The Colts and Texans could have been wins.  5-5 record at this point with TT would have given us a fair chance for a playoff birth. 

You saw what Tyrod did in Cleveland with the personel there.  I reiterate, what makes you think he would have done better here, with the offensive personel we have, then he did there?  You can't handwave away his performance as a Brown.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, macaroni said:

Nope ...

Would a TT led team score 27 points against the Vikes? … Nope

Would a TT led team score 13 points against the Titans? ... Maybe

Would a TT led team score 41 points against the Jets? … Nope

IMHO, a TT led team this year would stand a good chance of being 1 - 9, or even 0 - 10 at this point this year.

actually we had a pretty good scoring O while he was here IIRC.  That being said I do believe that teams have to respect the pass more when those not named Peterman are in there.

9 hours ago, KzooMike said:

We have almost a carbon copy of last years team in an even weaker playoff battle. With Tyrod I think it would have been back to back playoff years. Give him two turnovers in a game and he wins more often than not. No, I don't think he's good. But what he does do is protect the ball, enhance the running game, and to some extent mask poor offensive line play. Whats even more silly about the whole thing is he gets traded to the exact same situation he would have faced here. Perhaps he would have had the same fate in Buffalo he has in Cleveland if he was retained. I know Taylor has been talked to nauseous levels. I just find the thought process on this interesting and I'm curious what others think. Is this a playoff team with Taylor?   

TT from 3 years ago before team started game planning him - maybe.

Current year TT with an under 50% completion percentage and 2TDs and 2ints - nope not a chance.

We had his play in Josh Allen -  although Josh had a better completion percentage and yards per attempt, but more ints in more games.

I think we are sitting at 3-7 or 4-6 and we would be benching or have already benched TT - plus we lose some like Star on defense because we have TT and his over 16 million cap hit.

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is where I’m at. Houston is the only win that I’d add. It’s not a playoff team. 

I would also add that the NYJ seem to have TT number - so I am not sure we get that win.

As an idea see how the NYJs handled TT in Cleveland and what happened after he left.

Additionally do we get the Game Winning drive against Tennessee as TT has struggled with that over the years.

I think they may have been in some games, but I do not see a real change in their record.

Now could he help in this late season push - maybe, but by this point he would be benched - so he would not be finishing the season as the starter anyway - so I think it is all moot.

14 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I would also add that the NYJ seem to have TT number - so I am not sure we get that win.

As an idea see how the NYJs handled TT in Cleveland and what happened after he left.

Additionally do we get the Game Winning drive against Tennessee as TT has struggled with that over the years.

I think they may have been in some games, but I do not see a real change in their record.

Now could he help in this late season push - maybe, but by this point he would be benched - so he would not be finishing the season as the starter anyway - so I think it is all moot.

We were up 31 at halftime. We may have beaten them with Peterman on that day. That Jets team wasn’t beating ANYBODY on that day. They quit. 

3 hours ago, macaroni said:

Houston scored 20 points … do you think a Taylor led team scores 21? (IMHO maybe)

Chicago scored 41 points … do you think a Taylor led team scores 42? (IMHO no freaking way)

I do agree with our brutal schedule to start the season, and the depleted talent of our O-line, WRs, and TEs we couldn't hope for a much better record no matter who our QB was. 

Both of those teams had pick 6's. How many of those did Tyrod throw in his 45 starts here?

Even with Tyrod we still lack offensive playmakers.

I think if we had even Miami's level of WRs (Stills / Wilson / Amendola / Parker / Grant, a very underrated group but not one anyone would call impressive) we'd be in contention for a wild card spot.

But that being said, outside of the Texans game and MAYBE the Monday night game with the Pats it's tough seeing games where Tyrod + some better offensive skill players swing the outcome.

Possibly, but sometimes you have to go back to go forward.  Moving on from Tyrod the 65th pick and his contract was a good move.   This season never had a chance, its about the development of the QB.

The only game that likely gets flipped is Houston.  All the others the Bills lost handily.

8 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

If a tree falls in the woods and no oneis around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Sure it does.

8 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Why is this question constantly asked when it's been answered by quantum physics?

The answer is no. Without an observer, it never happened.

Do animals in the woods count as observers? 

Well, the question is what do we do with the rest of the season.  We have a really soft schedule on the back half of this season and we can conceivably go 7-9 or 8-8.  Looking at the rest season thus far - I think we beat both Green Bay and Houston with better quarterback play - that would give us 9-10 wins, so yes - I actually think we back door into the playoffs with Taylor.  However, that is as far as we'll ever get with him.  We need a QB to take us to the next level and he will never be it.  We made the right move moving on. 

10 hours ago, KzooMike said:

We have almost a carbon copy of last years team in an even weaker playoff battle. With Tyrod I think it would have been back to back playoff years. Give him two turnovers in a game and he wins more often than not. No, I don't think he's good. But what he does do is protect the ball, enhance the running game, and to some extent mask poor offensive line play. Whats even more silly about the whole thing is he gets traded to the exact same situation he would have faced here. Perhaps he would have had the same fate in Buffalo he has in Cleveland if he was retained. I know Taylor has been talked to nauseous levels. I just find the thought process on this interesting and I'm curious what others think. Is this a playoff team with Taylor?   

Wasn't he benched in Cleveland with better offensive talent?  So ummm...... no.  /boggle

30 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Both of those teams had pick 6's. How many of those did Tyrod throw in his 45 starts here?

OK so I'll amend my comment;

Houston scored 20 points (minus a pick six) do you think a Taylor led team scores 13? (IMHO a good chance)

Chicago scored 41 points (minus a pick six) do you think a Taylor led team scores 34? (IMHO no freaking way)