2019 Mock Draft already up...

Big Turk

Have Bills picking 5th and taking a Tre White clone.

I will vomit if this happens. They better take a goddamn WR or trade down to acquire more picks so they can take a WR and a TE.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-buccaneers-replace-jameis-winston-with-a-turnover-averse-quarterback/amp/

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Drafting a CB in the Top 5 would be laughable with all the other needs on this team..

Drafting "needs" with a Top 5 pick would also not be ideal. You take BPA. And you do have to play two cornerbacks, so it's not even close to a waste. If you believe this guy will be a shutdown cornerback, you now potentially have pro bowl level players at all secondary positions and an elite middle linebacker. It's not my first choice, but the aversion to picking cornerbacks in a passing league here is over-the-top. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Yeah, so pass on Harry to take another CB. 

Not happenin.

Because it's a passing league. 

So, isn't it valuable to DEFEND against this passing?

11 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

If it's a passing league wouldn't you want to be able to stop the pass?

Ah, two steps (or posts) ahead!

2 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

So, isn't it valuable to DEFEND against this passing?

Yes. Yes it is.

We are much better at defending the pass than we are at executing the passing game. So if you have an opportunity to pick another CB even a good one, and the guy who is likely to be the # 1 receiver in the draft, you should ..... [insert your answer here]. 

25 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

If it's a passing league wouldn't you want to be able to stop the pass?

That's the thing, you can't stop the pass. You can limit its success but if you can't keep pace yourself, that hardly matters.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Bills Wilk said:

WR would be good but most of them take a couple years to show real (NFL) skill . I would never waste a pick that high on OL. Probably the top RB

You wouldn’t waste a pick that high on OL, but you’d spend a top 5 pick on a RB?

There is no Saquan Barkley in this class.  Not even close.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Drafting a CB in the Top 5 would be laughable with all the other needs on this team..

All depends on what they bring in during free agency...use that to fill the team needs. 

Use the draft to identify & select players that fit the team profile & scheme, imo.

I wouldn't be upset at drafting Baker due to his playmaking skill set in a defensive scheme that McD & Shepard require out of the DB's.  

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Would be funny if they picked Josh Allen.

We'll put the Giants pick of Eli Apple to shame.

Seriously, JA the DE is a beast, but we have got to go offense. 

These people who put these mocks together probably don't spend nearly enough time focusing on each team's situation.

My favorite player in this draft is Marquise Brown. 

1 hour ago, thurst44 said:

Drafting "needs" with a Top 5 pick would also not be ideal. You take BPA. And you do have to play two cornerbacks, so it's not even close to a waste. If you believe this guy will be a shutdown cornerback, you now potentially have pro bowl level players at all secondary positions and an elite middle linebacker. It's not my first choice, but the aversion to picking cornerbacks in a passing league here is over-the-top. 

Under anything close to normal circumstances I would agree. I tend to think the current regime would want to avoid the PR hit and potential drop in ticket sales.

Right or wrong, I can't see them drafting a defensive player in the top 5. It's more likely they'd trade down.

Edited by LSHMEAB

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

They have the Giants not taking a QB again?

If they don't get Bosa or Oliver, I'd rather take OT than WR in the 1st.   

They are assuming an organizational lobotomy, it seems. 

5 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

If they draft defense in the first. Omg!!

Sure, pass on Bruce Smith for Keith McKeller. Get the BEST football players picking that high. It’s WAY too soon to know what’s best, but I’m open to being smart. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

Sure, pass on Bruce Smith for Keith McKeller. Get the BEST football players picking that high. It’s WAY too soon to know what’s best, but I’m open to being smart. 

We need 10 new starters.  Only way to accomplish that is to trade back. 

The Dumbest move would be to draft a defensive player. 

Just now, PittsforDave said:

We need 10 new starters.  Only way to accomplish that is to trade back. 

The Dumbest move would be to draft a defensive player. 

So you’d trade Bruce Smith for a couple middle of the line OG’s? You can’t say ANY of that now, we don’t know the options. Starters are nice, greatness is better.  I’m not against trading back, but it’s best to know and THINK first. We have FA and cap space to fill some holes. Too soon to have draft opinions, IMO. 

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, we don't have to worry about that.

There's no Bruce Smith in this draft.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You wouldn’t waste a pick that high on OL, but you’d spend a top 5 pick on a RB?

There is no Saquan Barkley in this class.  Not even close.

Saquon Barkley is not Saquon Barkley. Philip Lindsay is outperforming him.

There's one RB in the league who was a legitimate top 5 pick and he plays for the Rams.

I would never take a RB in the top 5. Ever.

3 minutes ago, CookieG said:

Well, we don't have to worry about that.

There's no Bruce Smith in this draft.

No Bruce (remember he was a chubby underachiever early) , but a Bosa and an Oliver. I’m not passing judgment, there are far better here to do that, but there are some STUD D-Liine guys this year. Kyle will be gone. I’d think twice before passing on them to get a marginal RT and a 50/50 bust WR. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not AGAINST trading back (which I generally prefer), but not blindly with the risk of passing on HOF talent. The offense needs SERIOUS help, but being stupid about it doesn't really help in the long run. I’m not PUSHING for this, just being fully aware. 

Take great talent when you can. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Have Bills picking 5th and taking a Tre White clone.

I will vomit if this happens. They better take a goddamn WR or trade down to acquire more picks so they can take a WR and a TE.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-buccaneers-replace-jameis-winston-with-a-turnover-averse-quarterback/amp/

Greedy Williams is the DB I believe the Bills would take.  He's the best one in the draft.  I believe they would try to trade down if Bosa, Oliver, Williams are gone.  I don't believe Harry is going in the top ten.   I think he goes in the back half of the 1st round.   If Williams is there and the Bills took him I would not be mad at all.  That's a potentially stifling secondary in a league built on passing.   White, Edmunds, Johnson and Milano would still not be in their prime as players.   Taking Williams would not preclude additions at WR or O-line.  Ten picks and cap space, the Bills can build that offense.  In the top 10 I want the best, most athletic, impact players.  In the top ten you take the best player available. 

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

No Bruce (remember he was a chubby underachiever early) , but a Bosa and an Oliver. I’m not passing judgment, there are far better here to do that, but there are some STUD D-Liine guys this year. Kyle will be gone. I’d think twice before passing on them to get a marginal RT and a 50/50 bust WR. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not AGAINST trading back (which I generally prefer), but not blindly with the risk of passing on HOF talent. The offense needs SERIOUS help, but being stupid about it doesn't really help in the long run. I’m not PUSHING for this, just being fully aware. 

Take great talent when you can. 

lol..

Bruce had 22 sacks in one year and 16 in another while in college. That was at a time when teams threw about a half to two thirds of the passes they throw today.

Most NFL LT's couldn't handle Bruce one on one. Good college OT's handle Bosa.

People get a little crazy with their hyperbole.

Its odd.  McD is to be forgiven for passing over not 1 but 2 QB's who are now tearing up the league right now...but it would be some type of mortal sin to pass up a DE who had a whopping 8.5 sacks in his best year.

And people wonder why we have the worst O in the league by far. It isn't hard to figure out.

4 hours ago, thurst44 said:

We will agree to disagree then...

I hope they can do what the Colts did last draft... move down a couple of spots at the top to a QB needy team and get an extra couple of Day 2 picks..

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CookieG said:

lol..

Bruce had 22 sacks in one year and 16 in another while in college. That was at a time when teams threw about a half to two thirds of the passes they throw today.

Most NFL LT's couldn't handle Bruce one on one. Good college OT's handle Bosa.

People get a little crazy with their hyperbole.

Its odd.  McD is to be forgiven for passing over not 1 but 2 QB's who are now tearing up the league right now...but it would be some type of mortal sin to pass up a DE who had a whopping 8.5 sacks in his best year.

And people wonder why we have the worst O in the league by far. It isn't hard to figure out.

Yes indeed! My point was basically to THINK and make judgement when draft time comes. I’m NOT saying they have the next Bruce, but just that they should THINK and consider all options. I’m not the hyperbolic voice here. Rest your agenda, and read with a calm mind.