Which Trash-Heap QB Would You Have Signed?

I'd be interested to see what happened if the Bills actually did offer a contract to Kaepernick.  Would he bring a new lawsuit against the league for having a team sign him where he's destined to fail in order for him to drop the collusion case?

8 hours ago, Augie said:

So, I have to wonder how much of that decision is football related, and how much is perception?  Or even willingness on EJ’s part? Is that possible? I’d think EJ would take the job and the $$$. 

Dead is a deal killer, I think.....

"This guy's dead!"

"Cross him off, then."

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You gotta choose one, or name one I forgot about. Take yourself back to when they pulled the plug on Peterman in Game 1 and consider any unsigned QB out there at the time (or who became available later, like Tom Savage). No saying Kaepernick or Tebow; we've been there, done that too many times already.

Landry Jones.

• Like (+1) 1

The NFL is gotta be pissed at Buffalo for handling the qb situation so poorly and adding gas to the Kaepernick's lawsuit.

I get it... Buffalo fans would probably be among the least receptive fan bases towards his presence in the stadium.. but Matt Barkley??

12 hours ago, Steptide said:

I agree with Ej. He was actually quite good last year when he played for Carr. I'm actually surprised not a single team picked him up. His last start he had 300 yards and 3 tds. That sounds like heaven to me at this point 

You might be thinking of someone else. EJ made two starts in Oakland last year and threw for like 104 and 165 yards in both starts. 

50 minutes ago, Jobot said:

The NFL is gotta be pissed at Buffalo for handling the qb situation so poorly and adding gas to the Kaepernick's lawsuit.

I get it... Buffalo fans would probably be among the least receptive fan bases towards his presence in the stadium.. but Matt Barkley??

Who cares if the fans like him or not?  A coach/GM that listens to the fans is soon sitting with them.

58 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Who cares if the fans like him or not?  A coach/GM that listens to the fans is soon sitting with them.

Oh yeah?

We wanted Mahomes, Watson, Russell Wilson...I'm not so sure about that one chief. 

Edited by Elite Poster

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I agree 100%

If it were up to me he'd absolutely be brought in for a workout.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Oh yeah?

We wanted Mahomes, Watson, Russell Wilson...I'm not so sure about that one chief. 

All these guys would of failed in Buffalo.  When's the last time a Buffalo qb succeeded?

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Last year.  PLAYOFFS

You mean the guy that was incapable of leading an offense to just ONE touchdown against Jax?  The same guy that was immediately traded after?  That's the guy that we think was successful?

17 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You gotta choose one, or name one I forgot about. Take yourself back to when they pulled the plug on Peterman in Game 1 and consider any unsigned QB out there at the time (or who became available later, like Tom Savage). No saying Kaepernick or Tebow; we've been there, done that too many times already.

I thought Matt Moore or Mark Sanchez.  
Yes, they are not great, but are they an upgrade from what we have now.  I believe so.

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'd be interested to see what happened if the Bills actually did offer a contract to Kaepernick.  Would he bring a new lawsuit against the league for having a team sign him where he's destined to fail in order for him to drop the collusion case?

I think it would be bad news for CK if we offered him a contract, which we won't.

I highly doubt he'd want to play in Buffalo, especially given the current state of the team. 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

How convenient......

The coaches actually bet on this stuff with their jobs and not over the internet......chief

The coaches who have consistently gotten fired time and time again. 

You guys have gone from being complacent and okay with losing to now defending losing. Marvelous. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I'm sorry, I got distracted with hysterical laughter at "recent controversy involving Terry Pegula."  What was your point?  :lol:

Sorry Tom, just got back from the Steve Bannon rally. Deny all you want, this team needs a mobile QB with the ability to throw the ball down field. The statues the Bills keep bringing in is not gonna get the job done behind this porous line. Don't forget to vote Tuesday.

7 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Sorry Tom, just got back from the Steve Bannon rally. Deny all you want, this team needs a mobile QB with the ability to throw the ball down field. The statues the Bills keep bringing in is not gonna get the job done behind this porous line. Don't forget to vote Tuesday.

No ***** *****, buckwheat.  Tell me something I haven't been saying since the beginning of last season.  

41 minutes ago, Jobot said:

You mean the guy that was incapable of leading an offense to just ONE touchdown against Jax?  The same guy that was immediately traded after?  That's the guy that we think was successful?

Yes. PLAYOFFS

22 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Agreed. We shipped off the guy we had like that to get more statues.  I already voted :)

Edited by reddogblitz

30 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

The coaches who have consistently gotten fired time and time again. 

You guys have gone from being complacent and okay with losing to now defending losing. Marvelous. 

I am sure you can do better...please do submit a resume.  I am working on writing a letter of reference for you sir.

28 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Yes. PLAYOFFS

Agreed. We shipped off the guy we had like that to get more statues.  I already voted :)

So you should be content with the -1 points from our offense against NE.  Why aren't you offended that we're calling these guys heaps of trash if that's your bar?

1 minute ago, Jobot said:

So you should be content with the -1 points from our offense against NE.  Why aren't you offended that we're calling these guys heaps of trash if that's your bar?

How does one score -1 points in football?

I'm happy with winning. But that's just me.

Edited by reddogblitz