Browns: OC Todd Haley fired

BeastMode54

1 minute ago, DasNootz said:

Seems like a solid way to develop a rookie QB - fire his coach and OC mid-season leaving Gregg in charge... what could go wrong?

It could be Al Saunders instead, though that would leave a gaping hole on the offensive side of the staff.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Already named 

Where? I see the Cleveland media all speculating about who the interim coach will be still. Literally one of their writers just tweeted out 30 seconds ago that it looks like it'll be Gregg Williams.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nope Al Saunders is the interim HC 

A $100 bounty for a linebacker to...accidentally...run over Saunders on the sideline...hmmmmm?  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Yeah, I know it's only $100. It goes further in Cleveland.

On the surface at least, it would’ve made sense to keep Haley who has a proven track record with Pittsburgh and was liked by Roethlisberger, for Mayfield’s development while axing Hue—but I’m sure more will be coming out in the next few days as to why both were let go instead of just 1. Or, it could just be because, well, Cleveland.

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Where? I see the Cleveland media all speculating about who the interim coach will be still. Literally one of their writers just tweeted out 30 seconds ago that it looks like it'll be Gregg Williams.

Everywhere, team hasn’t been announced though 

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nope Al Saunders is the interim HC 

Saunders went on to St. Louis in 1999 for the same position before returning to the Chiefs in 2001. From 2002 to 2005, Saunders saw success in Kansas, which allowed him to reach a lucrative deal as the offensive coordinator with the Washington Redskins.

Offensive free agents such as Antwaan Randle El and Brandon Lloyd flocked to D.C. to play for Saunders, considering him an offensive genius. However, a slow start by the Skins prompted criticism from the media when it was revealed that Saunders' playbook was reportedly 700 pages long.

5 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Saw this coming about 5 minutes into Hard Knocks... ?

Yeah, you could see the rift between Haley and Jackson. 

But I actually thought Hue would be the one to go and Haley would be named interim, since Dorsey brought in Haley and stripped play calling duties from Hue. 

Guess not... lol 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Well, this is why Cleveland will struggle for a long time.  Their owner refuses to let his coaches actually develop a team.  Now their rookie QB has to adjust to some interim HC/OC, and then to yet another one when the hire in the off-season. 

It's the Cleveland thing to do ?

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Well, this is why Cleveland will struggle for a long time.  Their owner refuses to let his coaches actually develop a team.  Now their rookie QB has to adjust to some interim HC/OC, and then to yet another one when the hire in the off-season. 

Jackson should have been fired after last season and that idiot Haley should never have been hired.  They were simply making the damage worse by letting them stick around week by week.  The owner should get out of the way and let Dorsey run it, and perhaps this is a sign of that happening.

52 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Holy ***** now they are saying Greggg good call 

53 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

On the surface at least, it would’ve made sense to keep Haley who has a proven track record with Pittsburgh and was liked by Roethlisberger, for Mayfield’s development while axing Hue—but I’m sure more will be coming out in the next few days as to why both were let go instead of just 1. Or, it could just be because, well, Cleveland.

Sorry, haven’t read if others here have commented similarly.

i just think the guy was a douche during hard knocks and all indications were he was ignoring the head coach almost going (almost) rogue.

after Jackson was fired I was going to be p.o.’d if they gave the job to Haley.

glad they fired him, too.

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Sorry, haven’t read if others here have commented similarly.

i just think the guy was a douche during hard knocks and all indications were he was ignoring the head coach almost going (almost) rogue.

after Jackson was fired I was going to be p.o.’d if they gave the job to Haley.

glad they fired him, too.

With no skin in that team, it is at least entertaining to watch the carousel go 'round and 'round on that part of Lake Erie's shores...plus misery loves company they say! 

• Like (+1) 1