Chad Kelly arrested & charged with criminal trespassing; Cut by Broncos

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, mattynh said:

He looks like he has a dislocated upper face.

We are the general public not a  judge or jury.  People can form opinions based on internet message boards and news reports.  Sometimes they are wrong, but more often they are right.  Did you need a jury to tell you OJ did it or not?  Guilty people get off all the time, that does make them innocent, rather the case was not proven.

But OJ didn't do it. He's out there looking for the killer as we speak.

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Elway doesn’t share your non-chalance.

he was on his way to starting. An nfl team cannot have the starting QB in jail for  criminal trespassing and on some kind of substance. It’s PR they won’t deal with if nothing else.

This thread is already getting sides pitted against each other.  SMH.

Being that it is already all over the local news here and Chad Kelly is very well liked among Bronco fans I can give a few details.

1.  For all curious, Colorado is a "Make My Day" law concerning homeowners protection rights and gun usage.  Obtaining a pistol permit in Colorado is very easy.

Many people have concealed carry permits.

2.  The duplex where he "allegedly" entered and the Gothic Theatre (Night Club) is only separated by a parking lot.

3.  Kelly was found inside an SUV by police.  For his sake it better not have been his because DUI charges could of been filed for even

sitting in your vehicle when drunk in Colorado.  Also, if no alcohol is found in your system you also must adhere to a drug test if in a vehicle.

No reports as of yet as to if he gave blood for a drug test.

4.  The way it's being reported here is there is little question that it was Chad in the home.

5.  Von Millers party (Western Themed) was at the Gothic.

If I hear of anything more I will post it.

Here is a Denver local station report.

See More

607214121_750x422.png

Photo by: Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office

CRIME

Chad Kelly accused of trespassing into home, sitting next to woman, 'mumbling incoherently'

The Broncos are expected to discipline Chad Kelly, though team officials are still discussing the course of action they will take.

Author: Janet Oravetz
Published: 10:24 AM MDT October 23, 2018
Updated: 1:28 PM MDT October 23, 2018

ENGLEWOOD — Chad Kelly, the backup quarterback for the Denver Broncos, was arrested early Tuesday morning, accused of trespassing into a home, sitting next to a woman on her couch and "mumbling incoherently" before he was chased out, according to an arrest affidavit.

Just after 1 a.m., officers responded to an address in the 3200 block of South Lincoln Street about a man standing outside a residence.

According to the affidavit, Kelly, 24, entered the home, sat down on the couch next to a woman inside and began mumbling incoherently. The woman called for another resident in the home, who entered the living room and hit the man in the upper back with a stick, which police later determined to be an aluminum pipe from a vacuum cleaner, the affidavit says.

The male resident chased Kelly out of the home, and a short time later, officers located a man matching his description nearby inside a black SUV near the Gothic Theatre, a news release said.

Security footage from the home shows a white man wearing dark pants, a white long-sleeved shirt, brown vest and red scarf around his neck outside the home, the affidavit says. When police found him inside the SUV, Kelly was wearing clothing similar to the man seen in the video, and the homeowner also identified Kelly as the intruder, the affidavit says. Court documents also say there were no signs of forced entry.

Kelly was taken into custody without incident and transported to the Arapahoe County Jail on charges of first-degree criminal trespass. The sheriff's office said he's no longer in custody as of Tuesday morning. A spokesman for the court said Kelly posted a $2,500 bond and is due in court Wednesday morning.

Broncos linebacker Von Miller hosted a Wild West-themed Halloween party at the Gothic Theatre Monday night. 9NEWS has confirmed that Kelly attended that party prior to his arrest near the theater.

NEW BRONCOS PARTY FLYER_1540322847084.png.jpg

The Denver Broncos released this brief statement about his arrest:

“We are disappointed that Chad Kelly was arrested early this morning. Our organization has been in contact with Chad, and we are in the process of gathering more information.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Check out this quick video

Ad By Sponsor

AdChoices

The Broncos are expected to discipline Kelly, though team officials are still discussing the course of action they will take.

Broncos President of Football Operations/GM John Elway spoke with Voice of the Broncos Dave Logan on Orange and Blue 760 about the incident.

"We're in the process of getting all the facts and aren't sure which direction we're going to go, but obviously we're disappointed in Chad," Elway said. "And you know when the team has a get-together, which is always a good thing when they get together, and the camaraderie of them getting together as a team, and when you have one person that kind of puts a dent in the whole process, it's very disappointing."

An NFL spokesperson told Broncos Insider Mike Klis that the league "is looking into the matter."

The Broncos drafted Kelly, the nephew of Bills quarterback Jim Kelly, with the last pick in round 7 of the NFL draft -- a selection that comes with the "Mr. Irrelevant" distinction. Kelly was arrested in December 2014, in Buffalo, according to USA Today. In that incident, he faced several misdemeanor charges for trying to fight nightclub bouncers and police officers after he and a friend refused to leave a bar, the paper reported. He eventually plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct. At the time, Kelly had signed to play football at Ole Miss.

Earlier that year, Kelly was dismissed from the Clemson University football team for "detrimental conduct,"

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

At least, he didn’t threaten to shoot someone with an AK.  Progress I guess.

i try but he’s a hard dude to feel compassion for.  He has had everything handed to him (probably a big part of the problem) and he keeps screwing.  I respect him because he loves Buffalo but I very rarely met someone who has good things to say about him.  Million dollar talent, ten cent head.  7th rounders aren’t good enough to do this.

U respect a person solely because they love Buffalo.  That's pretty sad no offense.  He needs to realize people dont care anymore that hes related to Jim Kelly and pretty soon no opportunities will be there.  Like you said he was barely drafted.

Not only that but didnt Elway call Jim and ask about him before he was drafted and Jim said that hes a really good kid?  If your uncle goes out of his way to help you and you do stuff like this(if found guilty) to me that's a slap in Jim's face.  You dont let family down like that.  If he has a legitimate problem..go get help.

Edited by Skins Malone
  • Like (+1) 1

Additional info from Channel 4 CBSDenver.

The Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office says no alcohol breathalyzer test may have been performed because, “This is not an alcohol-based offense.” Court documents automatically default to show a BAC of 0.00 if no test is performed.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is extremely awkward, because Elway and Jim have a relationship.

Honestly, kid, WTF?

You were possibly about to start an NFL game.

Oh, BTW, obligatory Peterman joke:

If it was Peterman at that house instead of Kelly the police would have intercepted him long before he escaped out the front door.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

This is extremely awkward, because Elway and Jim have a relationship.

Honestly, kid, WTF?

You were possibly about to start an NFL game.

Oh, BTW, obligatory Peterman joke:

If it was Peterman at that house instead of Kelly the police would have intercepted him long before he escaped out the front door.

There were already plans to have him start at some point this season.  No doubt that's "out the window" now.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There were already plans to have him start at some point this season.  No doubt that's "out the window" now.

The world was right there for him, Corner.  Right freaking there.

What an idiot.

Regardless of starting no one told this peon that jobs in your 20s that pay you half million dollars a year are hard to come by.

...moron.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I am going to recount a related incident that happened to me, my wife and kids a number of years ago. Our boys were about 1 and 3 at the time. This happened on a weekend night around 1 am when everyone was sleeping upstairs except I was reading. 

I heard the front door handle rattle and went downstairs to check it. Someone was outside trying to get in. I yelled to go away and that I was calling the cops and had a weapon. Actually, I had dropped my gun for maintenance just the day prior. 

The person moved away from the door and I called the police & reported it. A short time later, in the back of the house where it is dark,  I hear someone tear off the outside screen on a window. I grab a baseball bat and run downstairs again, yelled to my wife to lock her & the boys in a room, and I go to that window and again yell to stop or else I am going to shoot. They did not know my gun was out for repair. In the meantime, my wife has called the cops again, now screaming for them to arrive. 

The person tries to open the window from outside and I get ready to hit a homer. Meanwhile, as I look through a side window, I can see the police pass that window coming around to the back of the house were this was happening. The window was locked so they were having problems trying to pry it open and ignoring whatever I was saying.

Just then I saw the bright police spotlight shine and they yell something at the person and I can see the person run away.

The police caught a neighbor 16 year old girl who had been out drinking. Our house looked very similar to her house and she was toasted & was trying to sneak in her home.

If I had my gun or if the police were any later then the outcome could have been vastly different because she was determined to get in. 

I went over and spoke with her mom the next day to try & relay the circumstances and what could have occurred. Her mom had a ‘kids will be kids’ attitude and would not understand how close her daughter came to being an ex-daughter. 

This story will always remain very vivid to me and demonstrates how close I could have come to popping someone in the head with a baseball bat or shooting her if my gun had been with me. I would have felt justifed for either action but would have harbored extreme regret for what was a simple teenage drinking frolic gone completely wrong. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

The world was right there for him, Corner.  Right freaking there.

What an idiot.

Regardless of starting no one told this peon that jobs in your 20s that pay you half million dollars a year are hard to come by.

...moron.

I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but sadly I can't.   No impulse control to live a disciplined life on a sustained basis. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

This is actually a good point. It wasn't even the weekend, it was a school night. Being in Colorado, she's probably some sort of irresponsible pothead. Sad!

I think most of you got jokes but just in case - the police report stated she was on the couch holding their child.  This implies to me nursing or bottle feeding or otherwise coddling the danged thing back to bed (maybe or maybe not) without using infant Tylenol as a helper.  Cripes.  Amatuer hour around here.

The part of that which stuck out to me.was that her husband was maybe also awake while she tended the child. . .he's not wearin long enough pants ya ask me.   ;o)

5 minutes ago, sleeby said:

I think most of you got jokes but just in case - the police report stated she was on the couch holding their child.  This implies to me nursing or bottle feeding or otherwise coddling the danged thing back to bed (maybe or maybe not) without using infant Tylenol as a helper.  Cripes.  Amatuer hour around here.

The part of that which stuck out to me.was that her husband was maybe also awake while she tended the child. . .he's not wearin long enough pants ya ask me.   ;o)

Hope the drug tested her and got a search warrant for marijuana just in case. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

My guess

Stumbled into the wrong house or apartment while drunk.   

A buddy of mine did that in college. He woke up to a lady and her grown son standing over him. And.....let’s just say.....I bet they threw that couch out. :sick:

• Like (+1) 1

Gotta hear both sides.

Everyone knows he is a big fan of interior design. He was walking by and noticed the couch didn't fit the rest of the decor so he politely walked in and sat down on the couch in protest. It would be just like the NFL to blackball him for taking a seat for what he believes in. Sit for something even if it means losing everything.

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

This is actually a good point. It wasn't even the weekend, it was a school night. Being in Colorado, she's probably some sort of irresponsible pothead. Sad!

The 'sad' thing is there's a lot of people that would say "you're right, you know!"

32 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so when he's released and Horseface re-signs Paxton, what is the "over and under" for "bring him in" threads?.........

420.   ;) 

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

A buddy of mine did that in college. He woke up to a lady and her grown son standing over him. And.....let’s just say.....I bet they threw that couch out. :sick:

Quite possible lol

13 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Lucky he didn't get shot.

That happened to the son of an old teacher of mine. Got blasted drunk one night, walked into the wrong house, the owner gave him 3 warnings to stop walking up the stairs and when he didn't respond, he got the full blast from the owners shotgun. Horrible.