Chad Kelly arrested & charged with criminal trespassing; Cut by Broncos

YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So it sounds like they had proof he was intending to commit a crime in order to charge him with this and he wasn’t just wandering in drunk, “Kiko style”

Not sure about that. If that’s the case then they should have charged him with burglary.

Love how people don't need one shred of evidence or any piece of the story to prosecute and convict this kid.  Guilty until proven innocent in the US these days and the social media legal system we seem to now employ as the standard.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, JMF2006 said:

I would think the CFL is his next stop.

Maybe him and Johnny can team up for a couple zero win seasons in Montreal ;)

manziel barely got signed and that was controversial.  I doubt a guy without a heisman and at least an nfl start gets signed over there. But who knows maybe jimbo has some friends coaching

Just now, Mark80 said:

Love how people don't need one shred of evidence or any piece of the story to prosecute and convict this kid.  Guilty until proven innocent in the US these days and the world that has become social media justice.

Unfortunately, his past has led to that. He has himself to blame if he doesnt get the benefit of the doubt in the public. But of course, I don’t think TSW is in charge of the prosecution. 

3 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Love how people don't need one shred of evidence or any piece of the story to prosecute and convict this kid.  Guilty until proven innocent in the US these days and the social media legal system we seem to now employ as the standard.

then why was he arrested?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Love how people don't need one shred of evidence or any piece of the story to prosecute and convict this kid.  Guilty until proven innocent in the US these days and the social media legal system we seem to now employ.

Why would you give him the benefit of the doubt?

Someone called the cops because he was lurking outside their house, and then he attempted to enter the property. The cops then picked him up shortly after they arrived.

What's left to wonder about given his lack of idiot activity in the past? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Actually im wondering if maybe this isn't so serious. Maybe he gets into an argument with someone he is lawfully visiting (as far as entry/access is concerned), is asked to leave but keeps arguing instead so the owner/ occupant goes nuclear and calls the cops to eject him. 

I doubt they charge him with this if that was the case.

Just now, nucci said:

then why was he arrested?

I have no idea, and no one else does yet either, that's the point.  I know it is completely unheard of for police to make a mistake or for someone to sleep on it and then change their mind on pressing charges after reflection.  Never happens, ever.

47 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Definitely interested to hear more about this - I mean, what’s the circumstance and what was he thinking!?

Probably not much different than Kiko Alonzo.   He was looking for a place to crash and ended up in the wrong house...