Ajayi out for season, Bell and Shady possible trade targets

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

The past few weeks have shown quite the lack of confidence in Murphy as he's been a healthy scratch. He consistently whiffed on blitz pick ups and struggles all around as a blocker because of his size.

If they trade Shady, they better think about picking up someone else from a practice squad or wherever because Ivory/Murphy isn't going to cut it.

Are you sure Murphy has been a healthy scratch?  I believe he has a rib injury too.

11 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

If only to do McCoy a solid. Eagles can still win the NFCE. No reason for McCoy to slog it out on a rebuilding squad that is far away from contending. 

You only do that if you get the right return.   Eagles are desperate.  Shady showed last game he still plays as well as any RB in the NFL, even with a rookie QB and teams looking to stop him.   I want a 1st.  

Shady also seems to love it here, and love being a mentor to Allen.  

30 minutes ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

Has to be at least a 2nd rounder, since that second rounder will be around 60 or so in the draft

Great point.  You give Shady to the Eagles for a second, you are really getting a high 3rd.  

I wouldn't do it.   Just because if we do we may not win another game this year.   The Tenn game was pretty much all shady.   We get rid of him and the offense loses it's explosiveness.   I seriously don't know if we win 3 games without him the rest of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I wouldn't do it.   Just because if we do we may not win another game this year.   The Tenn game was pretty much all shady.   We get rid of him and the offense loses it's explosiveness.   I seriously don't know if we win 3 games without him the rest of the season. 

If only the trade deadline was in December versus the end of this month.

• Like (+1) 1

I love McCoy, and I truly believe he loves buffalo now...Sunday's game was the most the Bills have used him so far this season...I just don't see Buffalo getting him his yardage that he wants...if Philly offered a 3rd or better I'd talk to McCoy and see if he was ok with the trade then go from there...Ivory and Murphy would be ok for this season, maybe bring in someone else like Gillislee for c.o.p then work on the offense this offseason

NOPE same people saying trade him will be the same people whining endlessly for the rest of the season on how bad the offense is. Josh probably shouldn't be out there yet as it is and now you want to take away the best player on offense and try to develop him? Asinine

Edited by Madd Charlie

40 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Great point.  You give Shady to the Eagles for a second, you are really getting a high 3rd.  

Eagles not doing so hot.  Value wise a 3rd would make sense for where this team is today.. but I think it's too demoralizing to lose him for guys trying to get up and compete week in week out.

12 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I wouldn't do it either.  It's waving the white flag on a season that isn't done yet.  We're 2-3 and the toughest part of our schedule is over with....not to mention a defense that's playing very well.  Just cross your fingers Allen starts learning more and more...little by little.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I wouldn't do it either.  It's waving the white flag on a season that isn't done yet.  We're 2-3 and the toughest part of our schedule is over with....not to mention a defense that's playing very well.  Just cross your fingers Allen starts learning more and more...little by little.

If Allen plays better and Daboll gets creative this season could start to turn around.    But getting rid of McCoy is just like you said raising the white flag and saying "we're all in  on a top 5 pick"

Just now, Soda Popinski said:

If Allen plays better and Daboll gets creative this season could start to turn around.    But getting rid of McCoy is just like you said raising the white flag and saying "we're all in  on a top 5 pick"

that's why I think it has to be for a 1st.   You sell it as: (1) getting a great return; and (2) letting Shady go 'home'.    

If you get a 1st, I think everyone would understand that's a win.  Anything else, clearly a "white-flag" on this season.  

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

that's why I think it has to be for a 1st.   You sell it as: (1) getting a great return; and (2) letting Shady go 'home'.    

If you get a 1st, I think everyone would understand that's a win.  Anything else, clearly a "white-flag" on this season.  

If I were the Eagles I would not consider offering anything more than a 4th.     But that's just me looking at an over 30 RB objectively.   

If the Bills could get a 1st then it's a solid yes

11 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Forget it, we need Shady.

Let the Eagles go after Bell.

He's gone after this year IMO anyways, so why not get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him and restock the RB position next year?  We're not making the playoffs, our whole offense is in shambles, so why not go for a top 3 pick next year? 

2nd and a 6th for Shady sounds about fair. Either that or Agholor and a 4th doesn't sound too bad at this point either. Next year's FA WR class looks kinda weak IMO outside of Golden Tate. With Golladay playing well, they MIGHT let him hit free agency, but I don't see Cooks and Diggs going anywhere. 

6 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

If I were the Eagles I would not consider offering anything more than a 4th.     But that's just me looking at an over 30 RB objectively.   

If the Bills could get a 1st then it's a solid yes

The reason the Eagles would go higher is the SB window is open right now with no other NFCE team overwhelmingly better than the Eagles.  Also, their team is set at most positions and will be for a couple of years.  Yeah, they would like to get McCoy back with a fifth but that is not happening.

3 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

2nd and a 6th for Shady sounds about fair. Either that or Agholor and a 4th doesn't sound too bad at this point either. Next year's FA WR class looks kinda weak IMO outside of Golden Tate. With Golladay playing well, they MIGHT let him hit free agency, but I don't see Cooks and Diggs going anywhere. 

The Eagles go far in the playoffs that 2nd and 6th look more like a 3rd and 7th.  The Bills have to get a 1st and a player to make it appear to the players the Bills got something worthwhile.  

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

What a bunch losers we have for fans. Just giving up on the team and trying to get that 11th pick.  Get a grip. 

We're not giving up on the team, just the season. Let us know when reality hits you.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

The Eagles go far in the playoffs that 2nd and 6th look more like a 3rd and 7th.  The Bills have to get a 1st and a player to make it appear to the players the Bills got something worthwhile.  

I dont think the Eagles go far in the playoffs at all. They don't look good this year at all. IMO, a 3rd and a 7th is about the value of Shady at this point in his career anyways and theres no way in hell we're getting a first and a player for Shady. Lay down the pipe. lol.

Eagles look like they have the dreaded super bowl hangover.  Wentz is still working his way back so is Alshon.  Defense hasn't been close to last years.  I wonder if Shady would even want to go back  He was pissed to be traded in the first place

7 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

We're not giving up on the team, just the season. Let us know when reality hits you.

I dont think the Eagles go far in the playoffs at all. They don't look good this year at all. IMO, a 3rd and a 7th is about the value of Shady at this point in his career anyways and theres no way in hell we're getting a first and a player for Shady. Lay down the pipe. lol.

Did not say we were getting a first and a player but am saying that if I am Beane that is the point where I would start to listen to the Eagles.  Nothing less.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Did not say we were getting a first and a player but am saying that if I am Beane that is the point where I would start to listen to the Eagles.  Nothing less.

Why would he have to START listening to the Eagles now? Did you even know they reached out to us about Shady BEFORE they traded for Ajayi? 

OF course they're interested in Shady, that hasn't changed I'm sure of it. If we wanted to trade Shady to the Eagles, they'll take it if the offer's right. The balls most likely in our court. 

It would be a smart move if they got a 2nd and change for him. I’d be shocked if they did. 

I love Shady’s play, but he’s probably done after this year anyway. 

1 hour ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

...LOL.....Roseman is back as GM and Chipster is long gone.....Howie is pretty shrewd and won't offer much IMO...hell, he may sign Mike G for now........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I wouldn't want to get rid of McCoy; he's a nice focus for the defense to take their attention away from a developing Allen.

However, if they offer a 3rd, I'd consider it.

A 2nd, I'd probably do it.

A 1st, and he's on Mr. Pegula's private plane after being abducted by team officials in his pijamas.

2 hours ago, Tsaikotic said:

I love McCoy, and I truly believe he loves buffalo now...Sunday's game was the most the Bills have used him so far this season...I just don't see Buffalo getting him his yardage that he wants...if Philly offered a 3rd or better I'd talk to McCoy and see if he was ok with the trade then go from there...Ivory and Murphy would be ok for this season, maybe bring in someone else like Gillislee for c.o.p then work on the offense this offseason

Gillislee?? Really?? I dont get the infatuation with former players. Its the same as the Pats signing caucasian receivers that are cut. Do people have old jerseys they want to be current again? Isnt the mild plug and play success enough to prove these guys are a dime dozen ? Coupled with the excellent line Buffalo employed during his time here, the fact he is jobless says a lot. This is a no win. People will be mad if he is traded and theres a fraction of fans that already want him gone. Couple that with the argument of what his return would garner and this whole thing stinks. Part of me likes the aforementioned respect of giving the old timer a shot with his 1st team - but this team needs him. He is Allens 1 true weapon and a caption. Im not sure taking that away for a 4th rounder is worth it. Would a team pay more than that for someone his age and cap hit? I dunno.. but you also need to figure there are multiple options out there so they prob have a few acceptable fixes. As for the whole get a WR or OL back.. sure it SOUNDS nice but use your noodles people. Why would a team smack dab in the middle of their window give anything qlty away and hinder their wr corps or OL for an aging RB with a high salary?? They wouldnt. THAT should help you decide if you want to trade Shady IMO

Edited by gobills1212

2 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

You give up on a 2-3 season?  Pathetic. You ain’t a fan. 

5 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

The reason the Eagles would go higher is the SB window is open right now with no other NFCE team overwhelmingly better than the Eagles.  Also, their team is set at most positions and will be for a couple of years.  Yeah, they would like to get McCoy back with a fifth but that is not happening.

Eagles are not going to the playoffs this year. Half their players don't even look like they are trying. Got their money, got their ring, got their endorsements and playing at half speed. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Eagles are not going to the playoffs this year. Half their players don't even look like they are trying. Got their money, got their ring, got their endorsements and playing at half speed. 

Who do you think will go from that division, Dallas?  I still think the Eagles win the NFC East.

22 minutes ago, mannc said:

Who do you think will go from that division, Dallas?  I still think the Eagles win the NFC East.

Not sure. Until last night I would have said Washington. Still think they are probably the least worst. The Eagles have too many of their best players dogging it at the moment and I think Pederson who got a lot of calls right last year has made some odd on game decisions. Oh, and Carson Wentz isn't Carson Wentz again yet.