Taiwan Jones Injury Update

sleeby

Anyone know how he's doing?  Sorry to start a new thread but dood looks to have taken a hard hit of helmet to skull and was bleeding more than a little from his scalp or forehead.  

I found it curious how the broadcast never mentioned all the blood nor the helmet to head - they only replayed the same view where the ref was blocking the hit.  I did not even hear an update on him in the second half.  Seems they wanted it to not be a thing.  

Hope he's ok.

Edited by sleeby
  • Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You're replying to the auto reply I think.  If so, thank you - I'm not one to start threads generally.  Just seemed like more than something I wanted to hear about but also maybe a deeper subject in there.  Sure, he's special teams but he's also a member of the NFL and they should respect him as their employee.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Meaning today a title of "Taiwan Jones" should cause most people to ask first before anything "How's his skull?"  Ergo, the name should be enough of a title in this case.

Thank you DC. 

Edited by sleeby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sleeby said:

You're replying to the auto reply I think.  If so, thank you - I'm not one to start threads generally.  Just seemed like more than something I wanted to hear about but also maybe a deeper subject in there.  Sure, he's special teams but he's also a member of the NFL and they should respect him as their employee.

Thank you DC. 

Don't thank me, I'm just expressing my own opinion, and have no authority whatsoever.  Putting aside my opinion...objectively, you broke the rules.  

• Like (+1) 2

He was listed as 'questionable' to return (didn't), so the good news is that he wasn't immediately ruled out - hopefully just a laceration.

The ref seemed to be more concerned about where the ball was being spotted than the helmet-less player himself.

An ejection could have and most certainly should have happened...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JimKellyTryouts said:

He was listed as 'questionable' to return (didn't), so the good news is that he wasn't immediately ruled out - hopefully just a laceration.

The ref seemed to be more concerned about where the ball was being spotted than the helmet-less player himself.

It was so fast I'm surprised it was flagged at all.  The Billsy thing would be for Jones to get flagged for a uniform violation. (hope he's OK)

• Haha (+1) 3

It was weird how this extraordinarily dangerous hit (even setting aside the issue of whether there was anything illegal about it) was hardly mentioned. I don't recall ever seeing a helmetless player hit in the head like that before. A little "We're glad to report that Taiwan Jones is up talking and walking about, although we don't expect him to return today" would've been nice, at least for those people out there who know him and were worried about him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It was weird how this extraordinarily dangerous hit (even setting aside the issue of whether there was anything illegal about it) was hardly mentioned. I don't recall ever seeing a helmetless player hit in the head like that before. A little "We're glad to report that Taiwan Jones is up talking and walking about, although we don't expect him to return today" would've been nice, at least for those people out there who know him and were worried about him.

Generally speaking, the NFL likes hiding stuff like this...when I go on youtube to watch highlight reels, you hardly ever see spotty officiating calls and nasty injuries like this

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

How did the officials not all blow their whistles as soon as his helmet came off and he started running?

The officials were abysmal in this game. Not at all a reason we lost but they were terrible. 

What little I saw on NFL Red Zone was mystifyingly awful.

36 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

today's officiating crew was a total joke.  They botched the ejection there, botched our fumble recovery, and called a phantom lining up in the neutral zone on us on a Chargers 3rd down (it was a false start).  

10 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

How did the officials not all blow their whistles as soon as his helmet came off and he started running?

The officials were abysmal in this game. Not at all a reason we lost but they were terrible. 

agree 100%.  Did not lose because of them, but they were AWFUL.  It looked like they were all timid and/or had no clue what was going on sometimes.  

Just now, RyanC883 said:

today's officiating crew was a total joke.  They botched the ejection there, botched our fumble recovery, and called a phantom lining up in the neutral zone on us on a Chargers 3rd down (it was a false start).  

Twice the left tackle moved early and Hughes moved early because of it. Once they didn't call it at all, once they called the penalty on Hughes when it wasn't even close that the LT moved early. Both times were blatant. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Twice the left tackle moved early and Hughes moved early because of it. Once they didn't call it at all, once they called the penalty on Hughes when it wasn't even close that the LT moved early. Both times were blatant. 

I liked the announcers assessment of it being called on Hughes, "um, no."  

Pretty ticky tacky don’t you think mods. We all know what this thread is about. Also hope he is ok. I thought the player should have been ejected under the new rules he lowered his head and lead with his helmet for no reason. Especially with a guy with his helmet off. If he doesn’t lower his head he would have saw he had no helmet. This could have been fatal. 

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I don’t think it would have mattered if they blew the whistle. It happened so fast, he was gonna get hit. Too bad it was to the head.

Horrible play and I hope Taiwan is okay.

But did I miss something or was that a great “heads up” play by Taiwan under the circumstances? I’ve been no big fan of Taiwan in the past, but assuming he’s okay, I’ll take him on my team over Vontae Davis any day—can he play CB?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Today's game was officiated by children. Mistakes were made all over the place. Each year it gets a little worse. Whatever happened to the 1 yard halo around a punt returner?  The NFL pretends to be all safety conscious when it comes to kickoff returns and yet on a punt return you can hammer the guy at full speed while you're looking up in the air? A player loses his helmet,  gets hit in the head by another helmet and no ejection.  The NFL simply picks and chooses its rules from week to week and as it pleases. Hypocrisy 

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

agree 100%.  Did not lose because of them, but they were AWFUL.  It looked like they were all timid and/or had no clue what was going on sometimes.  

The bolded penalty was on Jerry Hughes. It was a bad call because it was clearly a false start (knew it before seeing a replay), but after watching it again, I did notice that Hughes had his hand in the dirt in the neutral zone before the snap. But the play should have been blown dead due to a false start. It wasnt caused by Hughes jumping early and creating a reaction by the LT. Should have been offsetting penalties and a replay of the down.

They did also blow a false start against Groy that would have blown the play of the first TD dead. And there was a terrible hold called against Mills(? may have been Miller) that negated a very nice run.

The officials sucked dog $#!+ today.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, slipkid said:

Horrible play and I hope Taiwan is okay.

But did I miss something or was that a great “heads up” play by Taiwan under the circumstances? I’ve been no big fan of Taiwan in the past, but assuming he’s okay, I’ll take him on my team over Vontae Davis any day—can he play CB?

Tremendous heads up play by TJ.  Since he didn't know if the ref called change of possession, he tried to get it out the end zone.  Some posters in the GDT thought he was dumb, but he couldn't possibly know how the ref was going to rule.

1 hour ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

The bolded penalty was on Jerry Hughes. It was a bad call because it was clearly a false start (knew it before seeing a replay), but after watching it again, I did notice that Hughes had his hand in the dirt in the neutral zone before the snap. But the play should have been blown dead due to a false start. It wasnt caused by Hughes jumping early and creating a reaction by the LT. Should have been offsetting penalties and a replay of the down.

They did also blow a false start against Groy that would have blown the play of the first TD dead. And there was a terrible hold called against Mills(? may have been Miller) that negated a very nice run.

The officials sucked dog $#!+ today.

You seem to be suggesting that this was unusual or some type of anomaly.

When is an NFL football game not horribly officiated?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hope it was just a cut. Scary situation for sure.

Meh stitch him back up and make him a hockey player assuming no concussion.  Still wondering why hitter wasn't kicked out.  Blantant helmet to head.. and without a helmet made it more egregious.   Should have been reviewed... I am sorry but the refs dropped the ball on this one.

2 hours ago, Idandria said:

I don’t think it would have mattered if they blew the whistle. It happened so fast, he was gonna get hit. Too bad it was to the head.

I agree, but that doesn't change the fact they weren't doing their jobs. No one showed an inclination of reacting to what was happening. They were awful. And the bad calls went both ways. Our first td was on a false start.

25 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Meh stitch him back up and make him a hockey player assuming no concussion.  Still wondering why hitter wasn't kicked out.  Blantant helmet to head.. and without a helmet made it more egregious.   Should have been reviewed... I am sorry but the refs dropped the ball on this one.

My god this post is so stupid. You act as if it was nothing then in the next sentence call it a dirty hit then say the guy should be ejected.

Hockey fans are so dumb.

10 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Could the defender possibly get fined by the NFL?

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Tremendous heads up play by TJ.  

Please, NO.  We don't need another "_J" nickname.  Haven't you had enough with Simpson, Spiller, Manuel, McCarron, Graham? 

The only other "Taiwan" I know of in sports uses the nickname "Chinese Taipei" so maybe we can call him "CT"

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

My god this post is so stupid. You act as if it was nothing then in the next sentence call it a dirty hit then say the guy should be ejected.

Hockey fans are so dumb.

Just because the guy on the receiving end wasn’t seriously injured doesn’t mean the play isn’t dirty and ejection worthy. 

Note: I don’t know anything about the extent of the Taiwan Jones injury, just speaking in general terms here.