Josh Gordon to be released-now traded to PATS

Kirby Jackson

The guy's a timebomb.  Hey Bill, tic tic tic tic....

On 9/10/2018 at 8:51 AM, Figster said:

No coach should want to ruin a players confidence or trade value IMO. The way this scenario might play out two players could become damaged goods before all is said and done in my humble opinion. The team itself is not ready for Allen, but Buffalo doesn't have another option.

If Beane pushed for the McCarron trade and the way he talked his pro's pro up it wouldn't surprise me,  I would be close to sending the beane head packing especially considering the neglected Oline when you knew a 1st round rookie was being drafted.

Gruden is laughing his ass off right about now.

Thanks OP for an enjoyable read as always, much appreciated.

20 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The league demands it. They want Brady to win his 6th Super Bowl and are pissed after the Eagles ruined their plans last year.

You mean BB right? Since he was the one didn’t start Butler. And well the Eagles D blew as bad as the Patriots.

Gordon doesn't fit what Beane and McD want around here.  This guy just missed all of preseason dealing with his struggles with his addictions.  He is a high risk player at this point who is one tiny slip up from being out of the league at least a full season, if not forever.  And even though on a short leash with his own team, he still was coming late to meetings.  

I would love to have taken a chance on him from a talent perspective, but from inside the Front Office, pursuing Josh made little sense.  Pats, BB, and Brady are a perfect situation for Josh to hopefully get his career back on track.  If he cant get right there, he won't work anywhere.  But Buffalo was not going to be as nearly a good situation for him.  Rookie QB behind a terrible OL with terrible other receiving weapons.  Might be a lot more work to keep this guy on the right path if he is playing in a frustrating situation like he was in Cleveland.  

I dont blame Beane at all for not trading away a much needed asset right now a guy that has a ton of risk around him at all times.  

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Gordon doesn't fit what Beane and McD want around here.  This guy just missed all of preseason dealing with his struggles with his addictions.  He is a high risk player at this point who is one tiny slip up from being out of the league at least a full season, if not forever.  And even though on a short leash with his own team, he still was coming late to meetings.  

I would love to have taken a chance on him from a talent perspective, but from inside the Front Office, pursuing Josh made little sense.  Pats, BB, and Brady are a perfect situation for Josh to hopefully get his career back on track.  If he cant get right there, he won't work anywhere.  But Buffalo was not going to be as nearly a good situation for him.  Rookie QB behind a terrible OL with terrible other receiving weapons.  Might be a lot more work to keep this guy on the right path if he is playing in a frustrating situation like he was in Cleveland.  

I dont blame Beane at all for not trading away a much needed asset right now a guy that has a ton of risk around him at all times.  

Explain the trade for Corey Coleman and the reported interest in Martavis Bryant if that's the case.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We need Josh Gordon like Chris Christie needs food.  How the !@#$ we missed out again I couldn't !@#$ing tell you.  The Bills are pathetic and comical.  Same old Bills.  Maybe next decade they will be decent.  Or maybe the decade after that.  No guarantees

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Explain the trade for Corey Coleman and the reported interest in Martavis Bryant if that's the case.

Huh...Explain what?  Neither guy at the time of interest or trade is even remotely comparable to the case of Gordon.  So let me flip it around, explain to me why after having clear interest in trading for Bryant (BEFORE he got in more trouble), why didn't they claim him on waivers earlier this month when they could have gotten him free? (Hint:  Because his situation got worse).

Gordon is literally an ill timed fart in an elevator away from being permanently out of the league, literally just missed an entire preseason to deal with his on going addiction struggles, and was now being given up on by the team that stood by him through all of it because now he was also not adhering to team rules despite being on a last straw short leash with said team.  

17 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

lol you guys are funny. Gordon hasn't done a damn thing in FIVE years. If he does well with the Pats, good for him. I'm not holding my breath. 

4 years ago he put up 1600+ yards in 14 games.

heck, last year he put up 336 yards in 5 games at 18.6 yards per catch. Zay is currently our only wr pacing ahead of that for a 16 game season. 

Is benjamin our only WR that’s done anything in the last 5 years? You wouldn’t swap a 5 for a 7 to get this guy for $690k

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

heck, last year he put up 336 yards in 5 games at 18.6 yards per catch. Zay is currently our only wr pacing ahead of that for a 16 game season. 

Is benjamin our only WR that’s done anything in the last 5 years? You wouldn’t swap a 5 for a 7 to get this guy for $690k

Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, AJ Green.  not too many other WRs belong in same level.  Josh Gordon is that level.  Number 1 WR are rarer than rare.  And we not only dropped the ball on Josh, we lost out to our enemy.  Same old Bills, Same old Pats

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

True.  He could be great...for 5 games.

Just now, Pete said:

Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, AJ Green.  not too many other WRs belong in same level.  Josh Gordon is that level.  Number 1 WR are rarer than rare.  And we not only dropped the ball on Josh, we lost out to our enemy.  Same old Bills, Same old Pats

Even if he flops, there’s literally no downside for them is the thing that bugs me most. What’s the gap in talent from pick 172 to 217 (or whatever they end up)? That and a league minimum contract are the cost.

Just now, Doc said:

True.  He could be great...for 5 games.

At that price and return, we’d have won the trade handily. 

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I'm not saying our receivers are any good. Only that I don't think whining about missing out on a head case is worth the effort. 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Gordon did it once several years ago.  Therefore he can't be considered equal to guys who do it every week every year.  

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Huh...Explain what?  Neither guy at the time of interest or trade is even remotely comparable to the case of Gordon.  So let me flip it around, explain to me why after having clear interest in trading for Bryant (BEFORE he got in more trouble), why didn't they claim him on waivers earlier this month when they could have gotten him free? (Hint:  Because his situation got worse).

Gordon is literally an ill timed fart in an elevator away from being permanently out of the league, literally just missed an entire preseason to deal with his on going addiction struggles, and was now being given up on by the team that stood by him through all of it because now he was also not adhering to team rules despite being on a last straw short leash with said team.  

Low risk high reward cost controlled player who's extremely talented.  I take that shot every time.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Even if he flops, there’s literally no downside for them is the thing that bugs me most. What’s the gap in talent from pick 172 to 217 (or whatever they end up)? That and a league minimum contract are the cost.

If he flops?  He couldn't even make it to week 2 in his latest recovery odyssey.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Gordon did it once several years ago.  Therefore he can't be considered equal to guys who do it every week every year.  

Did you watch Josh last season?  How about week 1?  He made a great TD catch.  When the hell was the last time a Bills WR made a play?

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If he flops?  He couldn't even make it to week 2 in his latest recovery odyssey.

So far we have that he was late to a meeting. I’m not saying make him a cornerstone player weo. If he’s still violating substance rules, different story but again even then the cost is like 60 day three draft slots and half of what we paid kerley for week 1 

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

So far we have that he was late to a meeting. I’m not saying make him a cornerstone player weo. If he’s still violating substance rules, different story but again even then the cost is like 60 day three draft slots and half of what we paid kerley for week 1 

I understand the cost analysis, but this guy will never play a full season again.  Even last year, he had one TD.  He caught a bunch of bombs but he had games where he caught 25-50% of his targets.  His YPC is the only thing he has to show for 5 games of work.

And I don't think that the Browns, who have gone above and beyond to get him to test negative, would suddenly and unexpectedly get rid of him., Does anyone really believe that they said, "yes we have been patient with your addition and endless suspensions....but WE DRAW THE LINE AT NONFOOTBALL MUSCLE STRAINS!"

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's nice.  

So what?  He can' finish a season.  Not even close.

In 5 games, an out of shape Josh Gordon had 18 catches for 18.1 yards a catch.  His 335 yards in 5 games  is more thant Zay Kelvin, Jordan and the other clown WR s had all year

• Like (+1) 1