Fire Brandon Beane

so Beane gets one full offseason to make his version of a team?   i guess,  i mean,  might as well fire everybody every other year.    who needs any kind of consistency to be successful.   the teams who habitually fire everybody every 1-2 years, are only consistent at one thing,   losing.   

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Let's see what he does next year with $90M in cap space, instead of $53M in dead cap.

Would FA and next years draft even be enough to fix this team right now? This is my biggest concern. We have so many problems right now.

I hope ownership has patience?

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dezertbill said:

Beane needs to take the hit for the lack of OL.  

You lose Richie and Woods and you do nothing.

This isn't a good look.  The product looks horrible.  Entertainment factor zero.  It's not so much about 17-0 but more about the fact that the offense is doing nothing.

Brandon "Dead Cap Money" Beane must assume responsibility. Beane is responsible for the current state of the team. The offensive line, receiving corps and QB situation all rank at the very bottom of the league. Other areas aren't so good either. He is spending Pegula's money like he's playing a billionaire monopoly game. I don't care if he spends all Pegula's money. Sadly, Bills fans have to suffer through this continual mismanagement. The fanboys will defend him saying it's only one game, but it has been obvious for a long time that his numerous mistakes would manifest themselves. It has been many months in the making. It is not a conclusion just from a single game result. It was always there to see if you could remove the rose colored fanboy sunglasses for just a minute.

3 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

this is a pretty bad roster for a year 2 .   

we kinda knew that going in. look at the dead cap situation. look at the young, RAW talent. this year is about taking lumps and gaining experience. next year will be about amassing more talent and throwing money at the holes.

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Have you been to reddit recently?

Not to the Bills sub because I found it to be ridiculous. Maybe it changed, as down as I am on them, no one's getting fired. Firing someone now is stupid. But when I went on that Reddit I found it to be incredibly blind to all criticism regarding the Bills. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

2 minutes ago, Billsguy said:

Brandon "Dead Cap Money" Beane must assume responsibility. Beane is responsible for the current state of the team. The offensive line, receiving corps and QB situation all rank at the very bottom of the league. Other areas aren't so good either. He is spending Pegula's money like he's playing a billionaire monopoly game. I don't care if he spends all Pegula's money. Sadly, Bills fans have to suffer through this continual mismanagement. The fanboys will defend him saying it's only one game, but it has been obvious for a long time that his numerous mistakes would manifest themselves. It has been many months in the making. It is not a conclusion just from a single game result. It was always there to see if you could remove the rose colored fanboy sunglasses for just a minute.

Beane has been here for one off-season chief

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

Not to the Bills sub because I found it to he ridicolous. Maybe it changed, as down as I am on them, no one's getting fired. Firing someone now is stupid. But when I went on that Reddit I found it to be incredibly blind to all criticism regarding the Bills. 

Meh there are homers but there is a lot of criticism too. I like it because you can't just make a burner account and post nonsense like "fire beane lolz" over and over. And you can curse. 

I said it after the playoff game last year, this team had nothing to look forward to this year. They had no franchise QB, too much dead money for this year, and barely and young players to look forward to that could grow with the team. The only good young talent we had was White, and potentially Dawkins and Milano and the jury is still out and how much of a core piece the last two are. The primary challenge was to find your future QB. They drafted one at the expense of using a lot of draft capital and Glenn to get him and then traded up again for Edmunds.

Remember when we all use to laugh at how bad the Bills drafts use to be during the drought well here's a look at who is still on this team from the past 6 drafts which should make up most of your young core going forward. Now some of this is because Of Whaley and Beane letting people go or trading them so some of this is self-induced which is why I think people are upset.

2018 Allen project, Edmunds also raw and young, potentially Phillips?

2017 White, Dawkins, Milano

2016 Lawson bust

2015 John Miller lol

2014 -

2013 -

Some young talent we've let go are Chris Hogan, Bobby Woods, Sammy Watkins, Goodwin, E.J. Gaines, Darby, Gilmore, Glenn, Henderson, Alonso, Preston Brown, Marcel Dareus. Even though I agreed trying to move on from Fitz and Tyrod they are still proven vets that are better than anything we currently have.  We now have older vets like McCoy, Clay who is invisible, Benjamin who can't catch the ball. Wood and Incognito retire and what are you left with? Nothing!

This team blows and unfortunately the only play at this point is to be horrible and get the #1 pick. I hope Beane saw this too and maybe he was trying to tank this year. Hopefully we don't ruin Allen in the "process". Then you need to trade that #1 for hopefully as much capital as you can get and mix that with free agency money next year which to be honest they probably shouldn't go crazy and overspend. Just a few solid veteran players would be nice and keep stock piling future picks if possible. They really need to take a look at trading McCoy if possible for his sake and the sake of building this team for the future because right now it's a !@#$ing dumpster fire.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Beane will be fired after the 2019 season but probably not sooner.

We've nailed our early draft picks so far, albeit it is very early. White, Dawkins, Allen, Edmunds, and Phillips look like franchise players at this point. Again it is still early but our only outright bust so far is Zay Jones. We did all this while trading down for another 1st round pick. Free agency hasn't been as consistent but Poyer and Hyde were home runs, Marcus Murphy looks good, and I don't know why everyone is complaining about Lotulelei because our run defense looked much improved today.

I really don't know what people expected this year. All our holes filled with experienced players in 2 offseasons?? When is the last time we had consecutive good drafts?

Edited by HappyDays

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We've nailed our early draft picks so far, albeit it is very early. White, Dawkins, Allen, Edmunds, and Phillips look like franchise players at this point. Again it is still early but our only outright bust so far is Zay Jones. We did all this while trading down for another 1st round pick. Free agency hasn't been as consistent but Poyer and Hyde were home runs, Marcus Murphy looks good, and I don't know why everyone is complaining about Lotulelei because our run defense looked much improved today.

I really don't know what people expected this year. All our holes filled with experienced players in 2 offseasons?? When is the last time we had consecutive good drafts?

He didn’t sign Poyer and Hyde.  He has signed ZERO free agents of quality in two offseasons.  His plans at G, WR and CB have crashed and burned.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He didn’t sign Poyer and Hyde.  He has signed ZERO free agents of quality in two offseasons.  His plans at G, WR and CB have crashed and burned.

Beane and McDermott are tied at the hip. I don't separate their decisions at all. Everything we did last offseason belongs to them, good or bad. The weak point I agree is WR. Benjamin isn't good enough to be a #1 receiver. They have to address that next year. I don't blame him for the offensive line. We lost 2 starters to retirement and no one in the NFL is able to find quality players.

1 hour ago, swnybillsfan said:

we kinda knew that going in. look at the dead cap situation. look at the young, RAW talent. this year is about taking lumps and gaining experience. next year will be about amassing more talent and throwing money at the holes.

i understand that is the pitch they are selling.  He spent about 20 million in cap this year on Star, Murphy and Davis.  These players are an odd way to spend money when you were loading up to get a young quarterback   

49 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The trade for Benjamin and UFA acquisitions of Star and Vontae are looking very much suspect.   Time will tell. 

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut or two.   Beane stuck out completely with his off-season signings.   

52 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

i understand that is the pitch they are selling.  He spent about 20 million in cap this year on Star, Murphy and Davis.  These players are an odd way to spend money when you were loading up to get a young quarterback   

i agree. it seems as though they are all bridge players, with possible upside. also, i do expect this team to get a bit better as time goes on. give the new players time to gel and the youngsters time to get a bit of experience. but i really think that last year they overachieved, this year will be absolutely excruciating at times, and next year will be the "hit the ground running" portion of the rebuild. 

Stop giving Beane credit for Poyer/Hyde or the 2017 draft, give credit to the scouts, they were the ones writing the reports on these guys.  All of them were terminated after the 2017 draft, along with Whaley.

Beane will be following them after the 2019 season, at best 2020, he signed his fate this offseason with his poor signings, and misuse of draft assets.  Dude is a dead man walking.

Edited by bouds

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

The Bills can have all the cap space in the world, but if you don't have a GM who can figure out who to hand big F/A contracts to, we are in big trouble.

i.e.  Murphy & Star had HUGE impacts today.

Add Mike Tolbert, Vontae Davis, Funkhouser/Bovine and Kelvin Benjamin via trade.

I have no idea what the optimists are sipping, but I'll take two.

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

And then Pegula will replace him with yet another bad hire.

It's kind of what he does.

Yeah the biggest issue for this franchise going forward is STILL most likely the learning curve of the owners.

Whereas steady, strong organizations with football-wise owners like the Steelers and Giants have traditionally known what they were looking for in new management and not hired guys who insist on gutting their roster to get there........the Pegula's have no idea what they want and just hire their management based on the sales pitch at the interview.   They don't have any clue what needs to be done........so that pitch is all that matters.    

He's just made us worse and all we have to show for it are hopefully Tre stays good, Edmunds stays strong, and Allen is the franchise.. otherwise.. yuck. The process isn't to turn our NFL team into a team that could give Alabama a run for their money

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Who will get fired first, Beane or McD? I expected a bad team this year but that was way beyond bad. For the first time in over 30 years I was embarrassed to wear my Bills hat. I’m in Vegas currently and I’m taken some heat lol. 

Please Beane. McD made the playoffs before Beane had enough time to totally dismantle his roster.

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He's just made us worse and all we have to show for it are hopefully Tre stays good, Edmunds stays strong, and Allen is the franchise.. otherwise.. yuck. The process isn't to turn our NFL team into a team that could give Alabama a run for their money

Please Beane. McD made the playoffs before Beane had enough time to totally dismantle his roster.

I am not liking it currently but I am willing to see if he can build this team up next year with some good draft picks and good FA signings. After that I’m out on him. 

McD I’m still iffy on. I thought he did a good job last season getting this team to, imo, play better than they actually were. His roster was further decimated but they looked like they haven’t even practiced football today. Also how much of the team dismantling was him saying “we can make due without that player?”

• Like (+1) 1

Why does basically lucking your way in to the playoffs after needing a few miracles along the way matter so much to Bills fans. It was nice to break the streak but look at my above post. We had zero cornerstones moving forward after the season ended except for White, maybe Dawkins and Milano. If everyone thought we were tanking last year why is it so unreasonable to think that we are actually doing it right this year and this is part of the process and pitch he already gave to the owners. So far he has opened up our cap space moving forward, drafted a top 10 QB, young taleneted MLB, good defensive lineman. 

Benjamin is not part of the core moving forward, neither is Murphy or Star.  They may be servicable for the next year or two tops but that's all he was looking for. Beane is not getting fired next year.

12 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Why does basically lucking your way in to the playoffs after needing a few miracles along the way matter so much to Bills fans. It was nice to break the streak but look at my above post. We had zero cornerstones moving forward after the season ended except for White, maybe Dawkins and Milano. If everyone thought we were tanking last year why is it so unreasonable to think that we are actually doing it right this year and this is part of the process and pitch he already gave to the owners. So far he has opened up our cap space moving forward, drafted a top 10 QB, young taleneted MLB, good defensive lineman. 

Benjamin is not part of the core moving forward, neither is Murphy or Star.  They may be servicable for the next year or two tops but that's all he was looking for. Beane is not getting fired next year.

Where is the core moving forward? Outside of trade and free agency we have almost every position to draft for it'll take like 5 years of really good drafting. that's good GMing

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Where is the core moving forward? Outside of trade and free agency we have almost every position to draft for it'll take like 5 years of really good drafting. that's good GMing

I think some people that talk tank don’t realize how long it takes to build a contender afterwards. This team may have 3 to 4 starters on it right now. One of them is McCoy who Could be gone soon or may not have much left by the time the team is built. 

They need starting caliber liber players in both lines. Another linebacker and corner. They need at least two WR. 

This is team has talent almost nowhere. You don’t pick that much up in a season or two. 

Beane isn’t interested in high priced vets or we would still have some. So that leaves anything good from FA out. Draft may get one or two players a year. 

Then still I’ll have to hope Allen pans out. 

We we are the new Browns. 

Edited by Scott7975

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I think some people that talk tank don’t realize how long it takes to build a contender afterwards. This team may have 3 to 4 starters on it right now. One of them is McCoy who Could be gone soon or may not have much left by the time the team is built. 

They need starting caliber liber players in both lines. Another linebacker and corner. They need at least two WR. 

This is team has talent almost nowhere. You don’t pick that much up in a season or two. 

Ya gotta Love a GM with a 5 year process.. yep every GM in the league knows you need 5 or more years to gut talent and fill it with your boys.

That's my point we had a lot of holes last year too. Last year was a mirage. It was unfortunate that Wood and Incognito retired. That really hurt. We finally will have money for free agents next year but I wouldn't give out long term contracts unless the player is still young and really good. But most likely just trying to find some avg starters or good backups mixed in with trying to get a lot of draft picks for next year is the plan and probably has been since the start. This year is a throwaway year and pretty much has been from the start. I wouldn't start to judge Beane negatively until after free agency and the draft next year. 

If I'm the Bills I'm trying to turn that top 5 pick and top second round pick into potentially at least 5 starting caliber players next year by trading down. Add that with free agency I could see 8-10 new starters alone next year.

Edited by Rocbillsfan1

8 hours ago, ******* said:

Star, Murphy and Davis. 3 terrible free agent signings. Can’t wait to see what he does to throw away all the money we have next year 

OMG Trade Shady !!  Fire McD !! while were at it get rid of Kyle for some younger talent !!

Yah they stunk today but chill out !!