9-4: Bills Worked Out Paxton Lynch & Ten Other Players Today

26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Were his problems in Denver more mental, physical, or both?  Can't hurt to look at the guy I guess, but to me if they're going to bring a guy in I'd rather see a guy that's been around the league and could maybe help more in the film room.

15 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Interesting comments from Sanders:

Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders will be among those rooting for Lynch to succeed.

"Obviously, he just didn't do the job," Sanders said about Lynch in an interview with NFL.com's Nick Shook. "I was rooting for the guy. He's got all the intangibles in the world. Six-foot-6, 6-foot-7, big arm, can scramble, can run. I just think that for Paxton, he's just got to keep honing in on his mental skills, his study skills, how to go about playing the quarterback position, knowing your reads and checkdowns and also playing with a sense of confidence that runs through the offense, spreads through like a wildfire throughout the offense."

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That is what's known as a ringing lambastement. 

Translation: Paxton has all the tools, he just a dumb, meek, slacker with a bad attitude.  

Yeah didn't sound great came off as he's got all the physical tools he's just stupid, but if he works on that he'll be great.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

I personally have nothing against EJ but would he want to be here and would most fans accept him?  Doubtful.  Sanchez?  Would most people let go of the butt fumble to embrace him?  Doubtful.  Kaepernick?  I doubt most Bills fans would take to him in light of the protests.  No way.  We can throw names out to extend the conversation but there are few true fits in terms of history and the willingness of fans to let by gones be by gones.  Lynch is not a great player but he does not have a personal history that is a block to most Bills fans.

If it's about actually signing a QB that might have to play during the season I would go with Landry Jones over Paxton Lynch.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Were his problems in Denver more mental, physical, or both?  Can't hurt to look at the guy I guess, but to me if they're going to bring a guy in I'd rather see a guy that's been around the league and could maybe help more in the film room.

Can’t say about the mental, but 6’7” is too tall to play QB in the NFL.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I've heard  a few different things. Multiple OCs is one thing. The pressure Elway brings. 

Sanders said on NFL network that he really liked Lynch, but Lynch didnt command the huddle and the fans booed the crap out of him, which makes it difficult to play. This is one of those guys who was a huge project, and projects just cant suceed without full devotion to their success. Its almost like immediately after drafting him, Kubiak and Elway already hated him. Multiple head coaches, multiple OCs and QB coachs and there is never any consistency. He just could not suceed in the environemnt the Broncos put him in. It is kind of what happened to Blaine Gabbert, who had something like 7-8 differnt OCs in 8 years.  

I have also read that Lynch is lazy, doesnt put in the time, and loves sitting around playing video games. 

But he is still big, young, has  ahuge arm and such and maybe he can put it all together someday. 

18 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I've heard  a few different things. Multiple OCs is one thing. The pressure Elway brings. 

Sanders said on NFL network that he really liked Lynch, but Lynch didnt command the huddle and the fans booed the crap out of him, which makes it difficult to play. This is one of those guys who was a huge project, and projects just cant suceed without full devotion to their success. Its almost like immediately after drafting him, Kubiak and Elway already hated him. Multiple head coaches, multiple OCs and QB coachs and there is never any consistency. He just could not suceed in the environemnt the Broncos put him in. It is kind of what happened to Blaine Gabbert, who had something like 7-8 differnt OCs in 8 years.  

I have also read that Lynch is lazy, doesnt put in the time, and loves sitting around playing video games. 

But he is still big, young, has  ahuge arm and such and maybe he can put it all together someday. 

Too bad they couldn't put Petermans head on Lynch's body ;)

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This post makes sense:doh:

Meaning everything people don't like about Mallet Lynch has too - only probably even more of it. Otherwise they are almost carbon copies - same physical stature, same "huge arm" attraction - and really not much else, especially north of the shoulders.

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I totally agree from the continuity standpoint.

I also agree that there was a huge amount of pressure on Lynch.  Elway took him with the thought that he was going to be HIS guy.  When the other QB's didn't work out (Lynch was starting Week 4 his rookie year) that pressure was fast-tracked.  I believe when things didn't go well for Lynch, Elway looked at it as HIS failure.  That put even more pressure on Lynch.  Multiple HC, multiple OC, and he could never deliver what Elway wanted him to.

I saw every throw from that week 4 pre season game vs. Cardinals.  He made some great throws, and showed some athleticism for a guy 6'7 and 245.  One announcer even commented that Lynch was putting on a clinic.  

Aaron Rodgers didn't start a game until his 4th season in the league.  In his first two years in the NFL, his stat line was 15-31 (48% completion) for 111 yards (7.4 yards per completion), 0 TD/1 INT, 6 sacks, with a QB rating in the low 40s.   He was taken with the 24th pick.  Lynch was taken with the 26th.  There was no rush to put Rodgers on the field.  He sat and learned, and became the legendary QB he is.

I"m not knighting Lynch as the next Aaron Rodgers.  But it's obvious that some QB's have different learning curves.  Imagine if the Packers had cut Rodgers after two seasons because it seemed he wasn't "catching on'.  Mind you, from his sophomore season on he has had the same HC.  

Some fans see a guy play for a game or two and think he's trash.  Peterman was a fifth round pick for God's sake and after one start his rookie year everyone thinks he was garbage.  Some fifth round picks don't even sniff the field their first year, and there is no theory that fifth round picks should be starting QB's their rookie year.  But people who lack common sense don't care.  It's ridiculous.  

Watching film of the guy, Lynch still flashes talent and skill.  Some team will scoop him up and give him the time to correct some bad habits that he has created and possibly find a diamond in the rough.  I am hoping that team is the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

What has Tim Tebow been doing lately? He was a 1st RD pick. We should take a look at him too.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Isn't he playing baseball now?

No.  Nor did he ever.

11 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Meaning everything people don't like about Mallet Lynch has too - only probably even more of it. Otherwise they are almost carbon copies - same physical stature, same "huge arm" attraction - and really not much else, especially north of the shoulders.

Yes, Lynch is a very bad professional QB.

39 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If he doesn't have the mentality McD wants it will be a very short visit I'd imagine.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

He was taking up a roster spot on a baseball team in order to sell tickets.  I'll give you that.

He wasn't worse than anyone else on the Mets. Probably should've brought him up.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Luka said:

He wasn't worse than anyone else on the Mets. Probably should've brought him up.

Yep.  Striking out in 38% of one's at bats at the AA level usually gets the call.