Kenny Britt released

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

They also cut Jordan Matthews. 

...pretty much a given with his injury.......

Patriots released WR Jordan Matthews with an injury settlement.

Matthews was reportedly dealing with a "significant" hamstring injury when he landed on injured reserve on August 1. He will now be free to sign elsewhere once/if he gets healthy. Injuries have completely derailed the former No. 42 overall pick's once-promising career. Aug 7 - 5:42 PM

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is literally the worst WR I watched play football last year. 

Here's something sad .... Zay Jones played in 3 more games than Britt last year and only had 60 more receiving yards.

I am hopeful that Ray-Ray is going to carve out a niche as the Wes Welker type in Daboll’s offense.  I like the Benjamin/Jones/Coleman/Kerley combination.  I don’t think this WR group is not as poor as they get credit for.  If Josh Allen can really sling it like we have seen, I think we’ll be alright.  Add a premier boundary WR next year via free agency or the draft.

• Like (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...pretty much a given with his injury.......

Patriots released WR Jordan Matthews with an injury settlement.

Matthews was reportedly dealing with a "significant" hamstring injury when he landed on injured reserve on August 1. He will now be free to sign elsewhere once/if he gets healthy. Injuries have completely derailed the former No. 42 overall pick's once-promising career. Aug 7 - 5:42 PM

Guy can’t seem to escape the injury bug after being fairly avaible his initial few years. 

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

On 600 catches?

On 2,400 attempts?

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I just want to say that Bill Belichick is a genius.

Bet you $5 whichever WR we cut will end up in Foxboro.

No bet.   I already have Chris Hogan penciled in as their #2 wideout...

Edited by Lurker
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

If they cut berrios I want him a lot.

Uh, have seen what Berrios looks like? No way the Pats are cutting him.

And I give credit to Britt for even lasting this long.  He was a complete moron to start his career.  And he’s not that good.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Here's something sad .... Zay Jones played in 3 more games than Britt last year and only had 60 more receiving yards.

Yikes. What a bad rookie year and then of course the offseason incident. I didn't think he'd play football again when I saw that video. Crazy, because I loved what I saw of him in college. Thought he could be dominant. 

Let's just hope year 2 is the opposite of year 1 and we all forget about it asap.

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

If they cut berrios I want him a lot.

To compete with Austin Proehl as a practice squad WR?

Personally I like Benjamin, Jones, Kerley, Holmes, Coleman & McLoud and then Foster or Proehl on the practice squad. 

Edited by The Jokeman

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'd rather have Britt McHenry.

Just to say, "I had Britt McHenry."

Sounds more like a brokerage or a law firm than a football player.  ?

2 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

i'm going to set up a program that automatically posts to twobillsdrive with 'worth a shot?' when a team drops a receiver. 

I'll see if I can get one to automatically and immediately post "Bring him in!"

• Like (+1) 1