Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

¶ ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) _ A person with direct knowledge of the decision tells The Associated Press that Buffalo Bills and Sabres president Russ Brandon is leaving his post in a major shake-up made by the teams' owners, Terry and Kim Pegula.

Edit:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/05/01/russ-brandon-resigns-from-bills-sabres-after-internal-investigation/

Russ Brandon has resigned as managing partner and president of the Pegula sports empire.

Kim Pegula has taken over as president.

The move comes after Pegula Sports and Entertainment conducted an internal investigation into Brandon's workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct, two sources told The Buffalo News.

Kim Pegula on Friday informed Brandon an internal investigation was being conducted. Two sources with knowledge of the investigation said it was triggered by allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees.

When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered.

The least of his problems will be losing his job,  i am sure his wife is speaking with her lawyer.

One last thing to add if people think that the Bills business operations are in a better place now, they aren’t. Russ Brandon is a very well-respected president (for the work that he does not his extra curriculars). This isn’t a celebration. What PSE should do IMO is forget Kim learning on the job. She isn’t qualified to do it. They should plug Dave Wheat into that role and things will flow smoothly. He’s not nearly as charismatic or politically connected as Russ but he’s bright and creative. He doesn’t need to be the face. He needs to be the guy behind the scenes making crucial decisions. He is an execution guy. That would be what I would do.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This puts Kim’s “best weekend ever” tweet into a whole new light 

....and I'll reply with the same pic of Kim.

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Russ leaked the Allen tweets. 

Now that is the best "conspiracy" post of the thread.  Well done.

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

What's the point of working by the water if you can't fish off the company dock?

Fished off the dock for many years but always with a "catch and release" policy.

kim hot.jpg

Edited by ColoradoBills

......can’t say I’m surprised.

Anyone who has any sympathy for this piece of shite, just remember when he used to call all of us “bad fans” cause we didn’t always go to the December games when the were clearly out of playoff contention, it was sometimes bitterly cold and we had real bad teams on the field.

Bad fans?......who’s looking like the bad one now, Russ?

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I look good standing next to Amy Schumer, that has to count for something right?

...just stop....compared to her or her dopey uncle, you're on the cover of Men's Magazine next month........:D

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

Every now and then it's just fun to sit back and watch these threads. All kinds of reinforcement of what you already thought you knew.

Yah. I don’t like Russ mostly because everyone else said he was involved in some things that he shouldn’t have been which i really have no idea about. Apparently he like to have sex with women and even though I don’t know if it was consensual or not I feel like I should also be mad about this. I’m glad he lost his job mostly because of how he looks, doesn’t he look like such a weasel?

I don’t like him and I’m mad at him but what makes me happy is Kim Pegula becoming the president of the football team that I love. I can be 100% sure that she already knows more than Russ, she won’t meddle or manipulate situations, she will let the football guys do football things. I do understand that she may want to meet with certain players before the draft and then hold occasional player only meetings but she’s most likely just helping them with their retirement plans and health benefits. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

One last thing to add if people think that the Bills business operations are in a better place now, they aren’t. Russ Brandon is a very well-respected president (for the work that he does not his extra curriculars). This isn’t a celebration. What PSE should do IMO is forget Kim speculated being over her head. They should plug Dave Wheat into that role and things will flow smoothly. He’s not nearly as charismatic or politically connected as Russ but he’s bright and creative. He doesn’t need to be the face. He needs to be the guy behind the scenes making crucial decisions. He is an execution guy. That would be what I did.

Possibly a little less “charisma” is a good thing? 

Good to know they have someone on staff who could step in. You want well rounded, but you also want “not a friggin’ idiot!” 

4 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Kim can undoubtedly handle this role.  The question I have is who will they bring in to lead the stadium effort.

They need to fire director of football operations,  someone to watch over and report to Kim and Terry.  

Just now, Augie said:

Possibly a little less “charisma” is a good thing? 

Good to know they have someone on staff who could step in. You want well rounded, but you also want “not a friggin’ idiot!” 

Dave Wheat would be a nice change of pace. He will be a much more behind the scenes guy but is pretty strong IMO. He’s young too. He’s probably in his mid-40’s but has been a senior level executive there for a decade and a half. He was fast tracked because he’s sharp.

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Dave Wheat would be a nice change of pace. He will be a much more behind the scenes guy but is pretty strong IMO. He’s young too. He’s probably in his mid-40’s but has been a senior level executive there for a decade and a half. He was fast tracked because he’s sharp.

Lots of young up and comers can grow together. Good info, we’ll wait and see. 

8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I love the fact that the Pegulas made no mention of Russ or his 20-year tenure in their statement. They must be disgusted with him.

Usually they thank Russ for all that he has done for the franchise and wish him well in the future,  we accepted his resignation after detectives showed him pics of him screwing employees.  

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Yah. I don’t like Russ mostly because everyone else said he was involved in some things that he shouldn’t have been which i really have no idea about. Apparently he like to have sex with women and even though I don’t know if it was consensual or not I feel like I should also be mad about this. I’m glad he lost his job mostly because of how he looks, doesn’t he look like such a weasel?

I don’t like him and I’m mad at him but what makes me happy is Kim Pegula becoming the president of the football team that I love. I can be 100% sure that she already knows more than Russ, she won’t meddle or manipulate situations, she will let the football guys do football things. I do understand that she may want to meet with certain players before the draft and then hold occasional player only meetings but she’s most likely just helping them with their retirement plans and health benefits. 

It is all very educational, both about Russ and some of 2BD posters. LOL

image.png.4d58230b7a304fb3af46e1f50e989b1d.pngsame+weasel+marriage.jpe

Russ is that you?

Edited by horned dogs

1 minute ago, Augie said:

But....not in THAT way.....

Lots of people loving on Russ. A few too many, apparently. 

His mistake was taking the term Head Office literally. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Listening to WGR with Bulldog hearing from people who say that there will be much more coming out about this.  People he's hearing from are not surprised by this despite Brandon's response to Benigni. 

Wake me 'GR is a source of information rather than flatulence...

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I see....so Terry owned the establishment that Kim was working in?

No.  It's a stupid comparison.

We still don't know what Brandon was doing exactly, whereas Kim Pegula met Terry when she was a waitress working at a restaurant that Pegula visited.  I guess he asked her out and the rest is history.