Anybody else have faith in AJ Mccarron?

Rebel101

I watched all the games Mccarron played for the Bengals and when he was in they just had a spark....He plays with a fire inside of him and I think he is going to actually take us a lot further then people expect...i hope before the start of the season we can atleast get a half decent OLine so he doesnt get killed....and i believe it is going to be a lot harder for Allen to take Mccarron's starting spot then everyone but Mccarron thinks. He has won titles at every level of football when he was given a chance....and i know a lot of people are hung up on arm strength which is Mccarrons biggest weakness but i would rather have an accurate, field reading, rhythmic, insync, and good decision making qb over one that can just throw the ball far and run faster then most. I think he paid his dues and learned the flow of an NFL offense. I believe he has learned how and what it takes to win games at the next level. He was a decent prospect coming out of college and I think he has done everything you want from a prospect to do sitting on the bench for multiple years and used his time wisely. So with his dues paid, hard work, and his acquired knowledge paired with his competitiveness he will balance out a savage defense and win us football games. Anyone else agree?

Edited by Rebel101
  • Like (+1) 11

McCarron will be better than people here think he will. Allen is going to have to make some leaps and bounds to be better than AJ. But I think any time you draft a qb first round the management is under extreme pressure to prove that the pick was a correct one and play that qb asap. Even if its a detriment to the team.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

I watched all the games Mccarron played for the Bengals and when he was in they just had a spark....He plays with a fire inside of him and I think he is going to actually take us a lot further then people expect...i hope before the start of the season we can atleast get a half decent OLine so he doesnt get killed....and i believe it is going to be a lot harder for Allen to take his Mccarron's starting spot then everyone but Mccarron thinks. He has won titles at every level of football when he was given a chance....and i know a lot of people are hung up on arm strength which is Mccarrons biggest weakness but i would rather have an accurate, field reading, rhythmic, insync, and good decision making qb over one that can just throw the ball far and run faster then most

I would like to believe that.

The Bengals actual offensive output when McCarron took over, dropped off quite a bit, though (almost 100 yds from 370s to 270s), and that was with AJ Green etc.

Now he could have learned some stuff in another couple years watching.

Or not.

We'll see

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

McCarron will be better than people here think he will. Allen is going to have to make some leaps and bounds to be better than AJ. But I think any time you draft a qb first round the management is under extreme pressure to prove that the pick was a correct one and play that qb asap. Even if its a detriment to the team.

The one's that are patient with their picks are the ones that succeed...

27 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

I watched all the games Mccarron played for the Bengals and when he was in they just had a spark....He plays with a fire inside of him and I think he is going to actually take us a lot further then people expect...i hope before the start of the season we can atleast get a half decent OLine so he doesnt get killed....and i believe it is going to be a lot harder for Allen to take his Mccarron's starting spot then everyone but Mccarron thinks. He has won titles at every level of football when he was given a chance....and i know a lot of people are hung up on arm strength which is Mccarrons biggest weakness but i would rather have an accurate, field reading, rhythmic, insync, and good decision making qb over one that can just throw the ball far and run faster then most

I'm glad u watched a whole 4/5 games. Lol jk rebel.. I'm excited for both our new qb's, atleast we know they are not afraid to throw the ball. And I have much more faith in daboll and his offense rather than having rico

Edited by Bills4life1924
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I have faith he can get us a very high draft pick.

Basically.

How's next year's wr crop looking??

I also don't have faith he will last the season being our Swiss cheese oline

I hope he has his Aflac paid up

20 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

Better for Buffalo if both become great.

22 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

I know that's what I am worried about as well

3 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I think AJ will be marginally better than Taylor but not much.  

I hope Allen comes in and starts personally.  We took him 7th overall, let's play him.

He is not ready to play and it will ruin his chances at ever reaching his potential....Allen was drafted because of what he can be not because of what he is

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

The management is under pressure unless the owner is on board. The Pegulas quite clearly are.

I don't see the pressure even starting until 2019.

So if you had to pick between Darnold and McCarron who would you take? 

Comparing their college stats AJ out performed Darnold in every stat. Besides yardage he was better than Lamar Jackson. He doesn't turn the ball over. Which means he isn't going to cost your team wins. He isn't scared to throw the ball, something tt was afraid to do. He can throw a wide receiver open. He'll surprise many on here. Don't think we lose as many games as people think with AJ as qb.

• Like (+1) 7

Here we go. 

Lets all all fall in love with a career backup hold him up on a pedestal and inflate expectations only to be disappointed.  Rinse and repeat every 3 years. 

The cycle provides slight entertainment to those that go from home to work to home to work to home boring people. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Here we go. 

Lets all all fall in love with a career backup hold him up on a pedestal and inflate expectations only to be disappointed.  Rinse and repeat every 3 years. 

The cycle provides slight entertainment to those that go from home to work to home to work to home boring people. 

I'm guessing AJ will be day one starter and you don't want him to succeed???

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Here we go. 

The guy calling others boring while making his case that Allen starting would make his life more exciting. 

Heres some advice: drive a sports car. It’s more exciting than some guy you’ll never ever meet. 

4 minutes ago, Gigs said:

The guy calling others boring while making his case that Allen starting would make his life more exciting. 

Heres some advice: drive a sports car. It’s more exciting than some guy you’ll never ever meet. 

Somebody’s cranky...

A554B1B6-C734-41C4-B57A-1E62FF5E9517.gif

1 hour ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I think AJ will be marginally better than Taylor but not much.  

I hope Allen comes in and starts personally.  We took him 7th overall, let's play him.

AJ's coaches have said multiple times that there is a "huge" fire burning under this guy and he is waiting for the opportunity.  I don't think the Bills push Allen into the starting line up on day one.  Their experience with Nate regards to that sure backfired on them.   They will give the reins to AJ to start and see where they go and if he really sucks then they will put Allen in on a lost season.

• Like (+1) 1