Anybody else have faith in AJ Mccarron?

Rebel101

14 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

A lot of QBs lack arm strength he can still make all the throws required by an NFL QB he just cant launch the ball downthe field and Trent Edwards was winning us games before he got smacked n played scared until he was no longer our starter

I dont think so I believe Mccarron has been in the NFL long enough to develop and understand how things operate and what it is he has to do to perform as a QB in the NFL and he is all we have until Allen is ready. I dont want Allen even touching the field unless it is a blow out...We have invested a lot into the kid we shouldn't throw him to the wolves he isn't ready to command an NFL offense and I think we should go all in on our investment of Allen and get him a great QB coach to develop him because Culley isn't that and we dont even have a proven OLine so we need AJ to play well and he doesnt even have to be great he just has to capitalize on our defense make a few plays and not turn it over...if we can get that out of AJ for a year or 2 until Allen is ready then we will be in great shape

Culley does have some QB coaching experience from early 80's (quite a long time ago) and he also played QB at Vandy for 3 seasons, but that is traditionally a running team.  You make a point, but if Beane and McDermott can find good players, I trust they know how to find good coaches, too.  Culley has extensive NFL coaching experience and I don't think he should be underestimated in his current role.

I am keeping an opened mind on AJ.

He has learned much in his 4 years as the #2 qb for the Bengals.   I think he could be an effective qb this year in McDermott 's  system.

After the success we had last year, I am not ready to assume we will take a step back as a team.

With the difficult schedule in 2018,  I am looking forward to see how we will compete against the leagues top teams.

Billieve in the process!!!  

Edited by longtimebillsfan

16 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Highlight packages are put together to accentuate positive plays. Entire games tell a much more accurate picture of what a prospect is capable of.  AJM would have been the same low round prospect he was in 2014 vs. the 2018 QB class. 

BTW, Joe Namath, Ken Stabler, and Richard Todd all say "Hello".

He played hurt his last year. He had been projected as a 2nd rounder.

Don’t forget Bart Starr.

5 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

Aj McCaaron is ever other QB we've had since Jim Kelly, for some reason our fans are obsessed with other teams qbs.

Going on close to two decades I think Bills fans just want a good QB in my humble opinion.

Obsessed? you could say that...

7 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

He played hurt his last year. He had been projected as a 2nd rounder.

Don’t forget Bart Starr.

If you actually knew what you were talking about AJ Mccarron was at first possibly a first rounder and then a 2nd or 3rd but something happen with his combine interviews where he rubbed a lot of teams the wrong way and dropped drastically and analysts praised the Bengals for the value they got in AJ....Do you think Josh Allen is amazing because he got drafted 7th overall? Did you think Jamacus Russel and Ryan Leaf were gonna be superstars as well? I dont understand how the NFL with all it's power and precise ways to handle things hasnt been able to evaluate QBs yet. But if history has any say Josh Allen will fall in line with the rest of the big arm projects that are no longer in the NFL while solid accurate NFL ready QBs get overlooked....Go google the Andrew Luck draft and tell me what QBs have been successful in the NFL...because you will be shocked at the results 

5 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

If you actually knew what you were talking about AJ Mccarron was at first possibly a first rounder and then a 2nd or 3rd but something happen with his combine interviews where he rubbed a lot of teams the wrong way and dropped drastically and analysts praised the Bengals for the value they got in AJ....Do you think Josh Allen is amazing because he got drafted 7th overall? Did you think Jamacus Russel and Ryan Leaf were gonna be superstars as well? I dont understand how the NFL with all it's power and precise ways to handle things hasnt been able to evaluate QBs yet. But if history has any say Josh Allen will fall in line with the rest of the big arm projects that are no longer in the NFL while solid accurate NFL ready QBs get overlooked....Go google the Andrew Luck draft and tell me what QBs have been successful in the NFL...because you will be shocked at the results 

fwiw Mayock had AJ Mcarron as the 67th best prospect on his top 100 board. That's in the area code of EJ Manuel in 2013. Tom Savage was 50th by comparison. 

10 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

I am pro McCarron and Allen and I’ll judge Allen on his own merit and not the success or failure of other QBs.

There is a lot of speculation about why McCarron dropped. It’s all irrelevant now. I’m just glad he’s a Bill.

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

fwiw Mayock had AJ Mcarron as the 67th best prospect on his top 100 board. That's in the area code of EJ Manuel in 2013. Tom Savage was 50th by comparison. 

Right which is 2nd 3rd round n he was higher before and who listens to mike mayock him and mel kiper are the worst 

3 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I am pro McCarron and Allen and I’ll judge Allen on his own merit and not the success or failure of other QBs.

There is a lot of speculation about why McCarron dropped. It’s all irrelevant now. I’m just glad he’s a Bill.

I hope Allen succeeds i just dont know if it will happen 

3 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Right which is 2nd 3rd round n he was higher before and who listens to mike mayock him and mel kiper are the worst 

It will happen if he continues to improve and the Bills surround with some talent. Hopefully McCaron steps up and Allen has a year to watch and learn.

4 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

You have faith in McCarron when no other NFL that needed a starter during UFA wanted to pay him?  He never unseated Andy Dalton and only played okay with a talented receiving corps in CIN that featured AJ Green, Marvin Jones, and Mohamed Sanu. Yet you have doubts about Allen.  Okay. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You have faith in McCarron when no other NFL that needed a starter during UFA wanted to pay him?  He never unseated Andy Dalton and only played okay with a talented receiving corps in CIN that featured AJ Green, Marvin Jones, and Mohamed Sanu. Yet you have doubts about Allen.  Okay. 

Dalton played well enough that McCarton didn’t have a great opportunity to unseat him. Our gain that other teams aren’t as good as us at evaluating QB talent.

Just now, Sky Diver said:

Dalton played well enough that McCarton didn’t have a great opportunity to unseat him. Our gain that other teams aren’t as good as us at evaluating QB talent.

:lol: You have lots of excuses for AJM. 

Just now, Sky Diver said:

How so?

You have an astonishing lack of confidence in McDermott and Beane.

:lol: They paid him peanuts and just traded up in the 1st round for a QB prospect that cost them two 2nd round picks.  How's that for confidence in AJM? 

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

How so?

You have an astonishing lack of confidence in McDermott and Beane.

Naw. He’s just a jerk to people who don’t agree with him on who a good QB is.    

How Jimmy G was mocked when the Bills played against him and now Jimmy is a superstar after 7 whole games.  

Hippo crazy ? 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol: They paid him peanuts and just traded up in the 1st round for a QB prospect that cost them two 2nd round picks.  How's that for confidence in AJM? 

It’s called competition. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Of course it is. Thus the investment in Allen with it being only a matter of time before he's the starter.  

That’s the plan. You don’t draft a player in the first round to ride the bench.

9 hours ago, Carter said:

What other choice do we have?

One choice was not take a QB in this draft/ Another was to take Rosen, Rudolph, Jackson or one of the other QB available. 

Rosen was problematic, and so was Allen. Rosen may crash and burn because of injury history and attitude, and Allen may because of touch. Rosen may be the next Brady (he thinks he will be), and Allen may be the next Carson Wentz or Big Ben.

Injury and attitude: Evander Kane was recently traded out of Pegula's Sabres because of attitude while Sammy Watkins is gone from the Bills because of injury history and attitude. Colin K is out of football because of attitude. Edwards, Luck, Bridgewater, RGIII are all out or in doubt because of injury.

I think Allen is rugged, smart (8 points over Rosen), and driven. He has beaten the odds. Either AJ McCarron or Allen are as likely to succeed than any of the other QBs taken. Just think of all the QBs who have gone to the Browns and Jets to see their careers die.

On the Cardinals site, they are bragging they got Rosen for a third and fifth, but so are two seconds far better than three firsts for Allen.

11 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

In a word, HELL NO!

As evidenced by what the Bills spent for him, they don't either. It's QB3 money. When we had no starter.

That makes them smart they let him sit back waiting for someone to come and when no one came he just jumped at the opportunity to go where he can compete for a starting job. AJM and a solid defense is going to be a good combination.