Josh Allen = Drew Bledsoe

Seriously, it's almost scary how much these two are similar.

Similarities:

Grew up in small towns

Height and Weight

Arm Length

Wonderlic Score

College Completion %

Read this and tell me this doesn't sound familar:

Then Drew Bledsoe came out and his velocity was different, the spin on his ball was different, and it was like, O.K., now I see why he's the Number 1 pick."

https://www.si.com/vault/2010/11/08/106003792/the-art-of-the-pass

Allen is slightly more athletic, but coming out of college, they were really similar.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Acattack15 said:

I abrove this message .

Josh Allen = a more athletic stud Drew Bledsoe

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Roseanne Barr = Charlize Theron.

Equally enlightening...

Yet you continue to post in it.  If its so dumb go elsewhere pal

Edited by Skins Malone

8 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Similarities:

Grew up in small towns

Height and Weight

Arm Length

Wonderlic Score

College Completion %

Then Drew Bledsoe came out and his velocity was different, the spin on his ball was different, and it was like, O.K., now I see why he's the Number 1 pick."

Allen is slightly more athletic, but coming out of college, they were really similar.

“Slightly more athletic?” 

Comparing Allen’s athleticism to Bledsoe’s is like comparing Jesse Owens to Stephen Hawking.

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Appreciate the post, but did you just say that Allen is SLIGHTLY more athletic than Bledsoe? You might want to go watch a few more Wyoming games. Bledsoe was a statue back there. I may not be thrilled that Allen was the pick, but I can readily admit that he's miles and miles ahead of Bledsoe athletically.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

The difference is Allen can move.  Bledsoe was a statue.  

Shuttles had drew at 4.5 and allen at 4.4...

Considering how the game has changed, that’s probably not as big a gap once you normalize for how much faster everyone is.

i dont think it’s some perfect comparison and allen is definitely quicker but nowhere near as absurd as some will portray and if allen retires with 4 probowls and a ring he will be a home run for us.

Edited by NoSaint

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Sure, if just from the standpoint of where he was drafted.  Otherwise, not so much.

Guys who got overdrafted who really didn’t produce like top 10 picks simply because they look the part.  Doug Whaley, who I think is better than a lot people give him credit for, would have picked Allen.  

I love our defensive players and dont trust this regime at evaluating offense at all.  The overwhelming evidence is guys like this don’t make it in the nfl.  

Hopefully, we are smarter than all evidence suggests. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Guys who got overdrafted who really didn’t produce like top 10 picks simply because they look the part.  Doug Whaley, who I think is better than a lot people give him credit for, would have picked Allen.  

I love our defensive players and dont trust this regime at evaluating offense at all.  The overwhelming evidence is guys like this don’t make it in the nfl.  

Hopefully, we are smarter than all evidence suggests. 

Its the first draft for Beane and McDermott together.  Whats not to trust? And saying you know who whaley would have picked us ridiculous.  

Just now, Skins Malone said:

A mobile Drew Bledsoe sounds great to me:D

Right? 

We have bad feelings about his time here but dude has a bunch of probowls, led the league in passing and has a ring. 

If allen has the head and arm of that plus some mobility... not the knock some will think it is.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Similarities:

Grew up in small towns

Height and Weight

Arm Length

Wonderlic Score

College Completion %

"Slightly more athletic"??? That is waaaaay off. Drew was a statue, this kid can move and run. He can throw off balance which is another thing Bledsoe was awful at. If that is what you call "slightly more athletic" than Lebron is "slightly more athletic" than my kitchen table.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Its the first draft for Beane and McDermott together.  Whats not to trust? And saying you know who whaley would have picked us ridiculous.  

Big, inaccurate qbs was a Whaley staple.

and we drafted Zay last year; traded our one good wr before the season; brought in an OC who was terrible; thought Matthews could be a #1, etc.  our offense was really bad last year.  So yeah, I’m not blindly trusting them to develop a raw qb who struggled in the Mountain West.  

• Like (+1) 1