Josh Allen = Drew Bledsoe

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

I saw that he threw one or miles per hour faster than Darnold and Rosen.  Not sure if that really matters? 

Buffalo is a hard place to play when it comes to harsh weather conditions. I don't think Rosen is built to handle it IMO.

Josh Allen from a size, arm strength, and intelligence perspective really is a great fit for what McD and company are trying to accomplish in my humble opinion.

Could the Pegula's have influenced the decision? absolutely, but make no mistake , the Bills HC preaches smart and smart is what he gets with J Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

3 min mark strongest arm in the history of the nfl.

Good stuff

Almost deserves its own thread because every Bills fan should see it IMO.

Strongest arm ever, EVER, 

we need to harness that strength...

Edited by Figster

6 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Allen is way more mobile then Bledsoe.  Bledsoe was a staute in the pocket

Allen is far more mobile and was the second fastest quarterback of the top 6.   I'm hoping his ability to hit receivers while rolling out will be above average. His footwork in the pocket will need a lot of development.

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Good stuff

Almost deserves its own thread because every Bills fan should see it IMO.

Strongest arm ever, EVER, 

we need to harness that strength...

Hopefully it works out better than the last 2 big armed QB's the Bills took in the first round. Oh please god let it work out.........

9 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Seriously, it's almost scary how much these two are similar.

Similarities:

Grew up in small towns

Height and Weight

Arm Length

Wonderlic Score

College Completion %

Read this and tell me this doesn't sound familar:

Then Drew Bledsoe came out and his velocity was different, the spin on his ball was different, and it was like, O.K., now I see why he's the Number 1 pick."

https://www.si.com/vault/2010/11/08/106003792/the-art-of-the-pass

Allen is slightly more athletic, but coming out of college, they were really similar.

Bledsoe was completely immobile and did not have a quick release. Not athletic. this gets my stupidest post list. 

8 hours ago, Sweats said:

I’ll take that comparison all day long

You would take the career. The comparison is stupid!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mob16151 said:

Hopefully it works out better than the last 2 big armed QB's the Bills took in the first round. Oh please god let it work out.........

The good thing is McCarron and Peterman give Buffalo the luxury of bringing along Allen at a slow pace. 

I also think A J McCarrons foot work and game management skills are a good example because they are somewhat similiar in size and athleticism in my humble opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

I tried to think of an NFL comparison for the top 5 and I couldn't come up with one for Allen.  Darnold reminds me of Rivers.  Rosen of Eli Manning.  Mayfield of Jeff Garcia.  The most obvious one was Lamar Jackson as a right handed slightly taller Michael Vick.  It wouldn't surprise me if Allen develops into a more athletic Joe Flacco.

7 hours ago, Figster said:

Buffalo is a hard place to play when it comes to harsh weather conditions. I don't think Rosen is built to handle it IMO.

Josh Allen from a size, arm strength, and intelligence perspective really is a great fit for what McD and company are trying to accomplish in my humble opinion.

Could the Pegula's have influenced the decision? absolutely, but make no mistake , the Bills HC preaches smart and smart is what he gets with J Allen.

This buffalo weather story is a little overblown. Statistically it’s not worse than Chicago or Cleveland or Green Bay.  And look at Green Bay’s qb.  He comes from Cali. My god how did he adjust?   And please make no mistake you have no clue what happens behind the scenes.  This doesn’t mean I’m not rooting for Allen. I’m not one of these fans that hates my own qb all season. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I know I will get beat up for this but I see more John Elway, in Allen, than I do Drew Bledsoe.

Same here.  He should change his name to Josh Alway.